Why would any GOP Senator support witnesses when they know it can only hurt the GOP?

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I don't get it. This is all designed to hurt Trump and the GOP in House and Senate elections in November. So why would someone demand Bolton, someone who they know is protected by Executive Privilege; be heard in an impeachment without a crime?

Also, is there any way someone challenges Romney in Utah from the GOP side?

Mitt might be retarted.. Collins is a idiot. I don’t see 4 senators switching after today’s ass kicking

Mitt might be retarted.. Collins is a idiot. I don’t see 4 senators switching after today’s ass kicking

I don't know, I just see a few weak GOP senators who are wishy washy. You have the same Establishment politicians who know in their hearts that this cannot reach the level of impeachment, or you won't ever have a president survive opposition House.

Consider the spying used to get Trump in this spot in the first place. This can't be good for the U.S Republic. Which means, it can't be good for the West.

I think Romney needed a bona fide challenger. He is just too weak for the GOP that is reaching out to a broader voting base and fighting China. His weakness gives the green light for others to be weak, since he had so much pull in the past.

I don't know, I just see a few weak GOP senators who are wishy washy. You have the same Establishment politicians who know in their hearts that this cannot reach the level of impeachment, or you won't ever have a president survive opposition House.

Consider the spying used to get Trump in this spot in the first place. This can't be good for the U.S Republic. Which means, it can't be good for the West.

I think Romney needed a bona fide challenger. He is just too weak for the GOP that is reaching out to a broader voting base and fighting China. His weakness gives the green light for others to be weak, since he had so much pull in the past.
I think mitt sees away for him to be president if trump is removed.. he seems fired up

I think mitt sees away for him to be president if trump is removed.. he seems fired up

I doubt that, there is no way he could believe that.

Trump has a 100k+ list for his rally in NJ tomorrow. They are lining up already tonight. Romney running against would be a one sided blood bath, the GOP would be decimated across the board, mark my words. You could run him against any Dem and he loses.

The GOP don't understand, the Neo-Con era is over The only reason the GOP have the senate, barely lost the House and, a massive war chest is because of Trump. Hell, if Trump were removed, he could openly endorse the Dems or an Independent and create a bigger crash in the party than the 1929 stock crash. They'd take longer to recover.

So many GOP voters just view their party reps as unreliable and going against their issues. Hurting their own party would be viewed as a betrayal for their own Establishment. There would be a backlash.

Fairness? Honor? Impartial justice? Constitution?

I think Dersh laid out why these allegations aren't impeachable. It doesn't come close to rising to this, especially considering other presidents activities.

I don't get it. This is all designed to hurt Trump and the GOP in House and Senate elections in November. So why would someone demand Bolton, someone who they know is protected by Executive Privilege; be heard in an impeachment without a crime?

Because Mittens has sour grapes.

And I grew up in Utah. Was at BYU with him.

Bolton is not protected by executive privilege. A judge has already refused ruled on that. There very clearly was a crime and Republicans need to put party above the country.

Also Romney won Utah with 73%. Trump- got clobbered in the Republican primaries and won with only 46% of the vote.

Trump has a 100k+ list for his rally in NJ tomorrow. They are lining up already tonight.

These 100K+ are very lonely people.
They are looking for any type of self approval (acceptance), and figure they can get it by hanging out with other losers.
That's a lot of losers comforting each other.

Poor lost souls.

Trump has a 100k+ list for his rally in NJ tomorrow. They are lining up already tonight.

These 100K+ are very lonely people.
They are looking for any type of self approval (acceptance), and figure they can get it by hanging out with other losers.
That's a lot of losers comforting each other.

Poor lost souls.

Oh, I understand. So Biden only draws 25 lonely souls, Trump is the National therapist. Got it.

Bolton is not protected by executive privilege. A judge has already refused ruled on that. There very clearly was a crime and Republicans need to put party above the country.

Also Romney won Utah with 73%. Trump- got clobbered in the Republican primaries and won with only 46% of the vote.

What crime?

The word is not wishy washy. The word would be whether any Republican Senators have any honor in their bones. So far none of them have shown a honorable bone in their body.

What crime?

Obstruction and abuse of power.

Possibly some republicans wonder about backlash over how this has been handled, giving the appearance of an attempted stonewalling cover up, that could leave a bad smell over the Republican party, possibly lasting multiple cycles.

The word is not wishy washy. The word would be whether any Republican Senators have any honor in their bones. So far none of them have shown a honorable bone in their body.

I think wishy-washy is accurate. Especially if you demand BombsAway ChickenHawk Bolton, but don't allow Trumps witnesses. He's had NONE since this process began and he is the accused.

Just what kind of America do you want? Guilty until proven innocent and you will have to use the Prosecutors witnesses to make your case?

Fairness? Honor? Impartial justice? Constitution?

I think Dersh laid out why these allegations aren't impeachable. It doesn't come close to rising to this, especially considering other presidents activities.

Funny. Dooshawitch flip-flops more than IHOP.
Trump should have called Saul.

Dershowitz looked and sounded like a confused, rambling, dotard. It was awful.

Now Trump should be calling American Airlines, or better yet call Aeroflot and get a ticket out of the U.S. pronto. He has betrayed us all and I expect it will be his head on a pike if he hangs around here for too long.

What crime?

Obstruction and abuse of power.

I can literally name every president in my lifetime who engaged in this. None of them were impeached for it.

New Topics

Forum List

Back