why would a very religious person follow current events/politics...? Should he?

Some Christians don't think Christians should follow politics and current events.

I have been doing that, though, for quite some time. I am beginning to wonder if maybe thye have a point although I think people should be informed.. People need to know what is going on in the world around them..

That said, sometimes u can get addicted to news.. happened to me.. But now I am so disgusted, with the election steal and the insanity of the Left that... I dunno..

part of me just wants to be done w/ it all..
I became A-political...I am the infamous anti-politics person on the forum.
I still am. I'm aware of the political wrangling and rhetoric but I stopped letting it influence me or what I think is important.

Neither of the two political parties ever really has a lock on the truth or wisdom. Both sides have some merit as well. A blend of the two usually is the truth. (Just be careful about what truths you put together) politics is all about making mountains out of molehills.

Pilate wanted to free Jesus but instead the crowd shouted to let Barrabis free. Barrabis was a politician that was actually guilty of the crimes he was charged with.

Politics is full of politicians which are usually lawyers... AKA snakes.

The less they actually do the better things generally are.

I doubt Jesus would support the thousands of bombs we have dropped that have killed many women and children either.
You type eloquently. But would you live a much reduced life for others around the world? We all get ethical and moral on issues. Here is the realism of the world. Do not blow the regions of long term peace that exist. But you do not like that. We are in a good location and had things pretty much under control in that location. The U.S. and Canada are winners of the planet. Then the psychopaths of social perfection slowly took over our federal government along with unelected government employees. Jesus would say to the elites....give up your wealth to house and feed all others. They do not. Jesus would say...to help people but not be stupid. In the reality of living by the truths of your ideas, we see endless examples of those empowered in any way not practicing what they preach. AOC has been around for a few years. She is the perfect example and has cost her district tens of thousands of jobs. An insane female Prog. Not unlike Evita of Argentina and Imelda Marcos. And their nations are still in despair. You saw her real self a few weeks ago at a public function.

You type eloquently. But would you live a much reduced life for others around the world? We all get ethical and moral on issues. Here is the realism of the world. Do not blow the regions of long term peace that exist. But you do not like that. We are in a good location and had things pretty much under control in that location. The U.S. and Canada are winners of the planet. Then the psychopaths of social perfection slowly took over our federal government along with unelected government employees. Jesus would say to the elites....give up your wealth to house and feed all others. They do not. Jesus would say...to help people but not be stupid. In the reality of living by the truths of your ideas, we see endless examples of those empowered in any way not practicing what they preach. AOC has been around for a few years. She is the perfect example and has cost her district tens of thousands of jobs. An insane female Prog. Not unlike Evita of Argentina and Imelda Marcos. And their nations are still in despair. You saw her real self a few weeks ago at a public function.

"Winners of the planet". Remember the topic.

19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Matthew 6:19-21

Yeah, it's a real pity a thoroughly unrepentant, thrice married, serial adulterer, thief and compulsive liar who bears false witness against others on practically a daily basis wasn't re-elected.

An unapologetic con artist who made his fortune by exploiting every human weakness with gambling houses, contests of the flesh, and a reality TV show, and robbed the elderly through a fake university is a Christian wet dream!

I dunno...

Who are you to judge who's 'unrepentant' and who is not?

Who are you to judge who's 'unrepentant' and who is not?

While I completely agree with the basis of this argument, generally the repentant do not continue routinely doing what they have repented over.

15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

Matthew 7 15-20

Donald Trump uttered what many supporters consider blasphemy, but he'll probably be forgiven

Now one of the greatest evangelists A.A. Allen died an alcoholic as he was never able to overcome that but one can point to many other things he did.

I can not judge Trump, only one can do that but I've seen nothing to show he has ever repented from anything.

While I completely agree with the basis of this argument, generally the repentant do not continue routinely doing what they have repented over.

15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

Matthew 7 15-20

Donald Trump uttered what many supporters consider blasphemy, but he'll probably be forgiven

Now one of the greatest evangelists A.A. Allen died an alcoholic as he was never able to overcome that but one can point to many other things he did.

I can not judge Trump, only one can do that but I've seen nothing to show he has ever repented from anything.

My point is that it is between him and God. I can't name very many politicians who are moral, so on that basis we'd be throwing all of them out. They all claim to be Christians, they're no different than he is, other than I saw him do good for the people of this country whereas the others only do good for themselves.

My point is that it is between him and God. I can't name very many politicians who are moral, so on that basis we'd be throwing all of them out. They all claim to be Christians, they're no different than he is, other than I saw him do good for the people of this country whereas the others only do good for themselves.

Well I believe most all of them should be thrown out. It's not like any of them have done a good job.

I've argued this exact thing many times. If you are pro-life you also support the things that would help a woman to choose to not abort. Health care, affordable child care, a livable wage, etc. I find it so sad that so many who call themselves pro-life fight against these things.

You forgot to mention adoption.

Adoption should be supported but I don't know too many against adoption unless of course it's a same sex couple. Seems many who are pro-life would rather see a child shuffled around in the foster system than have a secure life with a same sex couple.

Here's the thing,.. even though I'm against same sex myself, as long as a child is loved and cared for I don't really care who the parents are. I tend to love the sinner and hate the sin. Oh yeah, and btw,.. I was adopted as an infant myself so you can see why adoption is close to my heart. :)

He doesn't exactly like corruption in govt
doesn't like babies being murdered

So Jesus was revolting against his Pops, who ordered the murder of innocent babies throughout the Old Testament. When this God killed all the first born throughout Egypt were there not innocent babes hew could have spared instead of murdering them? It couldn't bother to save the innocent children of Sodom and Gomorrah.

"You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.”

I hear you. I took a three or so month break from keeping up with current events. Throughout that time I missed none of it. And then our national situation began to deteriorate again so I fell off the wagon and started keeping track of news 24/7 just like before. Frankly who cares what some Christians think. These days most "Christians" only Christian one day per week or on holidays. Remember, some Christians marched on the Holy Land many centuries ago, fought and died for what they believed, kicked ass and took lots of names. These days the best most Christians can muster against rising global tyranny is to raise a Play Station controller in defiance or shove a wafer in their mouth. Vae Victus!

God may be fickle, like you.
Has God deserted us?
I don't know for sure.
But I choose to think not, given free will and all that jazz.

head palm.gif

You can 'meme' all you want, but it's irrelevant to the question I asked. You made the statement, so clarify it. Biden is 'moral' because 2 Corinthians says so? If that's the case, then Hitler was 'moral' as well. I honestly don't think you know what the hell you're talking about. ;)

lol ... i didn't write ' 2 corinthians ' ... i wrote TWO corinthians. you didn't get that sarcasm, 'eh? did you know that donny's 'favorite book' has a chapter titled 'TWO corinthians'? that he read his 'favorite passage' from when he went to liberty university - you know - where the degenerate jerry falwell jr was head of?

TWO corinthians? lol .... that's yer moral chosen one...:lmao:

No, you can stop destroying America by sticking to your principles.

Well, not yours. You're a racist.

But Christians should stick to their principles. They sold their souls to an utterly corrupt beast.

We never hold our politicians' feet to the fire. Not one of you tards held Trump's feet or the Republican Party's feet to the fire for not repealing and replacing Obamacare. You let them lie right to your slack little faces and get away with it.

They gave Trump a "mulligan" for his adultery. Yet they curse Bill Clinton's adultery to the skies. They overlooked Trump's stealing the nest eggs of senior citizens at his fake university. They overlooked the fact he made his money from GAMBLING. They overlooked his beauty contests of the flesh and his molesting of the contestants and his pussy grabbing. They overlooked all of his success which was made by exploiting every human weakness.

And then they let him exploit their spiritual weakness.

Jesus really, really detests hypocrites.

You are cucks. You deserve to be lied to.
So tell me...what evil did Trump perpetrate as president?

Forum List

Back