Why won't Trump and Biden campaign in toss-up Texas?

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
This seems odd to me, as well...if Texas is in play...and many,including Ted Cruz believe that it is..surely it would be worth some energy? I get the Trump camp thinking that it would be a waste of money to try to convince the already convinced..even if they are wrong..but Biden should be eager to test the new diverse electorate that Texas has.

"Though the state isn’t essential to a Biden victory, Democrats have been more aggressive here. Mr. Biden is dispatching his running mate, Senator Kamala Harris, to Texas on Friday, and Democrats have also planned a multicity bus tour across the state. A pair of Democratic billionaires, Dustin Moskovitz and Michael R. Bloomberg, have separately poured money into the state at the 11th hour.
Senator John Cornyn, a Republican facing his own difficult race against M.J. Hegar, said Wednesday that “the thing that worries me the most” is the Democrats’ late spending, predicting that he would be “outspent by more than 2-to-1.”
The stakes here are, well, Texas-sized.
A Biden win would doom Mr. Trump’s chances for re-election. More significantly, it would herald the arrival of a formidable multiracial Democratic coalition in the country’s largest red state. That would hand the Democrats an electoral upper hand nationwide and all but block Republicans from the White House until they improve their fortunes with college-educated white voters, younger people and minorities.
It’s those demographics that are imperiling Mr. Trump in Texas.
Recent polls, soaring early vote participation in the state’s most populous counties, and more than 50 interviews with Texans in three pivotal regions point to an increasingly competitive race because of a spike in turnout by an electorate that is diverse, loathes the president and makes a mockery of his pistols-and-petroleum stereotype of the state.
The pandemic has slowed the Texas economy, the top selling point for its politicians and the engine for the state’s population growth, with unemployment rising from 6.8 percent in August to 8.3 percent in September. Covid-19 cases are rising; over the past week, there have been more than 6,300 new cases per day on average, an increase of 43 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
With two days left of early voting, turnout in Texas has nearly exceeded the total number of votes cast in the state in the 2016 election. Voters under 30 have showed up in historic numbers, with over 904,000 of them already casting ballots (only 1.1 million such young Texans voted in all of 2016). College-educated white voters and Asian-Americans have turned out in even larger numbers, with both groups casting more ballots than they did four years ago, according to the Democratic group TargetSmart.
While Democrats were infuriated with the decision by Gov. Greg Abbott, a Republican, to limit the number of drop boxes for absentee ballots to one per county, they believe his decision to extend early voting from two to three weeks and to push local elections from the spring to November’s ballot has bolstered their turnout efforts.
Participation has been particularly high in the metropolitan areas — and not just the biggest cities, but also in booming exurban counties, where a diverse new mix of voters is shattering turnout records in the bedroom communities of Dallas, Austin and Houston.

“It is a competitive state, meaning a Democrat can now win statewide,” acknowledged Steve Munisteri, a former chairman of the Texas Republican Party, noting that about 10 million people had moved to the state in the last 20 years. “We’ve had the equivalent of two medium-sized states move in.”"

Texas is NOT a toss-up...its red.
1603976865482.png

People are coming to Texas from blue states like CA, IL, and NY among others. Many of them are bringing their politics with them. While there are some places where being a Trump supporter is somewhat unpopular, in many places being a Biden supporter in Texas is also frowned on. So, this state may very well be a close call.

People are coming to Texas from blue states like CA, IL, and NY among others. Many of them are bringing their politics with them. While there are some places where being a Trump supporter is somewhat unpopular, in many places being a Biden supporter in Texas is also frowned on. So, this state may very well be a close call.
More people moving to Texas are escaping shitty, Democrat-ran shitholes. Here in DFW, Toyota people are glad to be rid of California. They appreciate the culture change.

View attachment 408242
Is it? I think that Texas is purple..and tending to blue in Houston/Dallas-Ft. Worth/Austin and San Antonio. Most experts..including Republicans, agree.
Your map is a fantasy, BTW.

I would bet Trump wins..narrowly. But an upset..would not be all that far-fetched.

Did you note..that already just about as many people have voted than voted in all of 2016?

More people moving to Texas are escaping shitty, Democrat-ran shitholes. Here in DFW, Toyota people are glad to be rid of California. They appreciate the culture change.

Not arguing, okay? I'm as red as anybody, but recent past election numbers show Texas trending to blue, no? look at what the number show 20 years ago vs the last couple of elections. People like me that have been here for 30 years haven't changed their minds, so it has to be the newcomers diluting our redness, and the migration has not stopped.

Not arguing, okay? I'm as red as anybody, but recent past election numbers show Texas trending to blue, no? look at what the number show 20 years ago vs the last couple of elections. People like me that have been here for 30 years haven't changed their minds, so it has to be the newcomers diluting our redness, and the migration has not stopped.
filthy cheating

I think the numbers are going to be really surprising this time around, now that Ken Paxton has been on the warpath to stop it.

The presidential, senator, governor positions have stayed consistently red but house and state government changes a lot.

That has Five Major Blue Cities in it...

Dallas

Fort Worth

Austin

San Antonio

Houston

Maybe the left need to realize Texas is Blue on the lower levels of the State but hate the California Blue with a Passion!

Correction Fort Worth is Republican...
So, not commies, but not Jesus Nazis either?

Libertarians?

YES!!!! EXACTLY!!!

Welcome to Texas!!!

Dallas

Fort Worth

Austin

San Antonio

Houston

Maybe the left need to realize Texas is Blue on the lower levels of the State but hate the California Blue with a Passion!

Libertarians?

YES!!!! EXACTLY!!!

Welcome to Texas!!!

I wouldn’t let it be known how Libertarian Texas is...

Do whatever the fuck you want as long it does not hurt children, elderly and stay the hell out of my pocket and pay for your own shit because nothing is free in life!!!

Do I sound like I live in Tejas?

This seems odd to me, as well...if Texas is in play...and many,including Ted Cruz believe that it is..surely it would be worth some energy? I get the Trump camp thinking that it would be a waste of money to try to convince the already convinced..even if they are wrong..but Biden should be eager to test the new diverse electorate that Texas has.
That would be funny if Biden went to Galveston and said "it's great to be here in Dallas, I am going to shut down the oil industry!"

And the entire audience, which consists of a hired mariachi band, calls the gringo loco.

This seems odd to me, as well...if Texas is in play...and many,including Ted Cruz believe that it is..surely it would be worth some energy?

There are 49 other states.

If Texas swings blue, it's over for Trump in all the other swing states anyways.

If it doesn't, then taking the midwest, where Biden is now, still wins it for Biden.

Texas is swinging blue, because it's seeing big urban growth and no rural growth. That's the opposite of the rust belt. In states like Ohio and Indiana, there's been urban shrinkage, so the rural areas have dominated more and the states have gotten redder.

View attachment 408242
Is it? I think that Texas is purple..and tending to blue in Houston/Dallas-Ft. Worth/Austin and San Antonio. Most experts..including Republicans, agree.
Your map is a fantasy, BTW.

I would bet Trump wins..narrowly. But an upset..would not be all that far-fetched.

Did you note..that already just about as many people have voted than voted in all of 2016?
1. Its not my map, its 270's map. Its their projection. Click on the link, that's why I put it there
2. If any Texan votes for Biden they are a moron. The TX economy is energy based.
3. Trump won TX by 9-points in 2016, he'll win by more in 2020
1603980720791.png

"Though the state isn’t essential to a Biden victory, Democrats have been more aggressive here. Mr. Biden is dispatching his running mate, Senator Kamala Harris, to Texas on Friday, and Democrats have also planned a multicity bus tour across the state. A pair of Democratic billionaires, Dustin Moskovitz and Michael R. Bloomberg, have separately poured money into the state at the 11th hour.
Senator John Cornyn, a Republican facing his own difficult race against M.J. Hegar, said Wednesday that “the thing that worries me the most” is the Democrats’ late spending, predicting that he would be “outspent by more than 2-to-1.”
The stakes here are, well, Texas-sized.
A Biden win would doom Mr. Trump’s chances for re-election. More significantly, it would herald the arrival of a formidable multiracial Democratic coalition in the country’s largest red state. That would hand the Democrats an electoral upper hand nationwide and all but block Republicans from the White House until they improve their fortunes with college-educated white voters, younger people and minorities.
It’s those demographics that are imperiling Mr. Trump in Texas.
Recent polls, soaring early vote participation in the state’s most populous counties, and more than 50 interviews with Texans in three pivotal regions point to an increasingly competitive race because of a spike in turnout by an electorate that is diverse, loathes the president and makes a mockery of his pistols-and-petroleum stereotype of the state.
The pandemic has slowed the Texas economy, the top selling point for its politicians and the engine for the state’s population growth, with unemployment rising from 6.8 percent in August to 8.3 percent in September. Covid-19 cases are rising; over the past week, there have been more than 6,300 new cases per day on average, an increase of 43 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
With two days left of early voting, turnout in Texas has nearly exceeded the total number of votes cast in the state in the 2016 election. Voters under 30 have showed up in historic numbers, with over 904,000 of them already casting ballots (only 1.1 million such young Texans voted in all of 2016). College-educated white voters and Asian-Americans have turned out in even larger numbers, with both groups casting more ballots than they did four years ago, according to the Democratic group TargetSmart.
While Democrats were infuriated with the decision by Gov. Greg Abbott, a Republican, to limit the number of drop boxes for absentee ballots to one per county, they believe his decision to extend early voting from two to three weeks and to push local elections from the spring to November’s ballot has bolstered their turnout efforts.
Participation has been particularly high in the metropolitan areas — and not just the biggest cities, but also in booming exurban counties, where a diverse new mix of voters is shattering turnout records in the bedroom communities of Dallas, Austin and Houston.

“It is a competitive state, meaning a Democrat can now win statewide,” acknowledged Steve Munisteri, a former chairman of the Texas Republican Party, noting that about 10 million people had moved to the state in the last 20 years. “We’ve had the equivalent of two medium-sized states move in.”"

As of this morning Republicans are 1 Million votes ahead in Texas. Ya, going blue.

Democrat ballots returned. 3,007,296 (38.8%)

Republican ballots returned. 3,996,550 (51.6%)

Dallas

Fort Worth

Austin

San Antonio

Houston

Libertarians?

YES!!!! EXACTLY!!!

Welcome to Texas!!!

I wouldn’t let it be known how Libertarian Texas is...

Do whatever the fuck you want as long it does not hurt children, elderly and stay the hell out of my pocket and pay for your own shit because nothing is free in life!!!

Do I sound like I live in Tejas?
Amazing how neither party really understands Texas. It's only red because the blue alternative would turn Texas into a poor shit hole.

remember where Ron Paul is from.

New Topics

Forum List

Back