Why we can't have nice things

Redpath

VIP Member
Oct 15, 2016
Hit a deer. Waiting for Triple A, really weird guy stopped to take the carcass. Car is a total loss. Thing is, we were just talking about selling it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
That's so awesome that American's use road kill. Aussies are too snooty now days to do that.

Sorry about your car. I hope you all are ok and maybe the car was insured.

Might want to pixelate that license plate number.

Just a suggestion.

And what does hitting a deer have to do with "why we can't have nice things"?

Hope the car was insured. The good thing is that the loss will not be handled as a "collision" but rather as an act of god (comprehensive), so the deductible will either be less or nothing at all.

Before settling with the adjuster, look for similar cars in local used car lots, to come up with your own estimation of what the car is worth. don't accept a settlement that would be insufficient to replace the car with one of similar age, miles, and condition.

Take this lemon and turn it into lemonade.

Might want to pixelate that license plate number.

Just a suggestion.

Well the deer didn't have nice things but the guy who picked it up is having nice things.

Maybe the problem here is with the word "we".

Maybe it was a Trump supporter?
. Nah it was definitely a Hillary supporter after this week of nasty's landed on the American political landscape from Asange the wiki-leaks founder.

Slow down where you know there are deer. People are idiots. So many don't seem to have the basic ability to anticipate the possibilities. I see it all the time. Next time it'll be a jogger, someone's child or their pet. No sympathy from me.

Can't have a nice car when he's not aware of what's going on around him.

Thats my take. I thought he was alluding to his poor driving skills when he complained about having nice things...but then I realized I was looking at the equivalent of a 2000 Ford Fiesta and I became confused.

I blame dear for not having nice things, too.

"Big-screen TV? What, you can't see? You don't need a big-screen TV."

"Yes, Dear."

"A motorcycle? Forget it, those things'll kill ya."

"Yes, Dear."

Slow down where you know there are deer. People are idiots. So many don't seem to have the basic ability to anticipate the possibilities. I see it all the time. Next time it'll be a jogger, someone's child or their pet. No sympathy from me.

You're out of touch with rea
I blame dear for not having nice things, too.

"Big-screen TV? What, you can't see? You don't need a big-screen TV."

"Yes, Dear."

"A motorcycle? Forget it, those things'll kill ya."

"Yes, Dear."
That's so awesome that American's use road kill. Aussies are too snooty now days to do that.

Sorry about your car. I hope you all are ok and maybe the car was insured.

Its illegal in many or most areas but methinks it depends how desperate folks are.

We're fine, good insurance and I never liked that car as much as I like my RAV-4 - which a deer would also wipe out. There's something to be said for driving a Snor-Snadies BelchFire.

Can't have a nice car when he's not aware of what's going on around him.

Nonsense.

Its not as though the deer is standing there, looking both ways, waiting for you to notice him. Nor do you get the time to decide whether or not to brake or, what the hell, just mow him down.

Not to mention that hunting season is the worse time of year because the deer are terrified and really not looking where they're going.

Fact is the deer is in front of you at the very same moment you hit him.

But thanks for your kind thoughts and well wishes.

Here in MI the saying goes there are two types of drivers, those who've hit a deer and those who will hit one. It's a big problem. At least I'm in the latter category as of now, but I've had three close calls over the years.

Agree some idiots don't take proper precautions but even doing so is no guarantee. You can be just crawling along at night and the damn things jump out of the dark right in front of you, which was one of my close calls.

Sorry about your car but just coming out uninjured and alive is a plus as many aren't that fortunate after hitting one.

Forum List

Back