Why Waste Time Suing Twitter When You Already Have Gettr?

"Legal experts and First Amendment scholars say former President Donald Trump's class-action lawsuits announced Wednesday against Facebook, Twitter, Google, and their CEOs are unlikely to go far. Experts, suggests Trump's chief aim is to fire up his supporters and fundraise off of their anger over what they see as censorship by Big Tech. "This is not a lawsuit. It’s a fundraising grift," said Evan Greer, director of Fight for the Future, a progressive advocacy group that often targets Big Tech."

I mean, it would be awesome if government could just nationalize private companies like Facebook and Twitter and declare them as public commodities...but if we already believe that both of these big-tech platforms are controlled by the Deep State; then doesn't that mean they are already under government control?? Anyhoo -- why should conservatives be so pressed about Twitter if there are already other platforms who doesn't censor anyone??

Gettr is here -- in a short span of time it will be the largest social media platform in human history -- so why waste time and money on suing?? Defeat your big tech competition in the marketplace.

However, everyone knows that this is just another vehicle to fund-raise off of and line some pockets.....pretty similar to that Arizona audit; a money making grift that won't produce much but more disillusioned Trumpers who will be forced to go deeper into their conspiracy-bag to explain away reality....
Causes lose until they don't. Your argument would be akin to telling a gay person 30 years ago or a black person 60 years ago that they shouldn't pursue their rights because they wouldn't win.

He doesn't have to win this case in order to create a political will for change.
Great post. I'd like to see a victory here but if not, I'd like this to reach discovery phase. Big censorship could take some hits in discovery.
I'm with you on that. I'd love to see this make it to discovery. Trump might have to testify under oath about Insurrection Day.
Indeed, kangaroo court could have a field day with this.

You know what's funny....

Why would a "billionaire" be asking for donations to sue Twitter and Facebook? He is a billionaire, remember...

It’s all a scam to part the rubes from their money.

The same people who were saying 5 minutes ago that government should stay out of people’s lives say government should now force private businesses what to do. Because Orange Jesus.

“Conservative” culture war 24/7

"Legal experts and First Amendment scholars say former President Donald Trump's class-action lawsuits announced Wednesday against Facebook, Twitter, Google, and their CEOs are unlikely to go far. Experts, suggests Trump's chief aim is to fire up his supporters and fundraise off of their anger over what they see as censorship by Big Tech. "This is not a lawsuit. It’s a fundraising grift," said Evan Greer, director of Fight for the Future, a progressive advocacy group that often targets Big Tech."

I mean, it would be awesome if government could just nationalize private companies like Facebook and Twitter and declare them as public commodities...but if we already believe that both of these big-tech platforms are controlled by the Deep State; then doesn't that mean they are already under government control?? Anyhoo -- why should conservatives be so pressed about Twitter if there are already other platforms who doesn't censor anyone??

Gettr is here -- in a short span of time it will be the largest social media platform in human history -- so why waste time and money on suing?? Defeat your big tech competition in the marketplace.

However, everyone knows that this is just another vehicle to fund-raise off of and line some pockets.....pretty similar to that Arizona audit; a money making grift that won't produce much but more disillusioned Trumpers who will be forced to go deeper into their conspiracy-bag to explain away reality....
Causes lose until they don't. Your argument would be akin to telling a gay person 30 years ago or a black person 60 years ago that they shouldn't pursue their rights because they wouldn't win.

He doesn't have to win this case in order to create a political will for change.
Lol...

Are you actually trying to tie Trump being kicked off of Twitter to Civil Rights?

Bawahahahahahhahahaha

The black person 60 years ago had every justification to pursue his rights because those rights were rightfully his and Constitutionally enshrined...

Can you tell me where in the Constitution does it say you can violate a private company's TOS that you agreed to??

The same place it says that workers have a right to unionize. To everything there is a season.

Forum List

Back