Why Washington Is the Best State in America

It depends on where you are on the economic scale and if you can withstand wet cold gloomy days for months without going insane.
If it is as wet as people say, no thanks.

I really think Michigan is definitely in the top five.

Great Lakes

upper peninsula BONUS!

Manufacturing

300 crops. Does any other state grow such a diverse crop? From cows to cherrys. Nuts. Ok no bananas or coconut but we can definitely feed ourselves.

Pot is legal

we now have amazing bike trails that go from ne Great Lake to the other. From grand haven to port Huron is the one I live near. Like 5 minutes and I can take sidewalks 99% of the way. These trails used to be railroad tracks and a few good people organized it all and got each community to do their part and now we have bike tap rails that run across the state. I have a battery bike and I’m getting a second battery. You can ride far and take an Amtrak back. They just did a special in these trails on public television.

Do your states have such trails? I’m talking to all of you. Do you think your state is the best? Which state is better? Maybe California. I could see Floridians thinking Florida is better. Texans too but no way. What state is better than Michigan?

Last edited:
All of Washington is not like the coast cities..
For once you said something smart. I'm a native of Washington and people always seem to think all of Washington is like Seattle and the coast. Not remotely true.

I think it's the best place in the country even though some of it was dragged down by Californians a long time ago
escaping the high costs, smog and congestion of SoCal.

But for purposes of the OP, yeah...Washington is a cold, wet, miserable place. Stay away all you Floridians and other crybabies. Stay far away. I hear Arizona is nice.

Washington...it's just not for billionaires.
dragged down by Californians?.....its called payback for all the people who moved to California last century and helped bring that state down....
You all wish you could live in California. What state is better. Maybe Florida.

It depends on where you are on the economic scale and if you can withstand wet cold gloomy days for months without going insane.

Great Lakes

upper peninsula BONUS!

Manufacturing

300 crops. Does any other state grow such a diverse crop? From cows to cherrys. Nuts. Ok no bananas or coconut but we can definitely feed ourselves.

we now have amazing bike trails that go from ne Great Lake to the other. From grand haven to port Huron is the one I live near. Like 5 minutes and I can take sidewalks 99% of the way. These trails used to be railroad tracks and a few good people organized it all and got each community to do their part and now we have bike tap rails that run across the state. I have a battery bike and I’m getting a second battery. You can ride far and take an Amtrak back. They just did a special in these trails on public television.

Do your states have such trails? I’m talking to all of you. Do you think your state is the best? Which state is better? Maybe California. I could see Floridians thinking Florida is better. Texans too but no way. What state is better than Michigan?
my sister in law moved there from california....she says your states medical industry is like the dark ages compared to California.....your doctors had no idea of some of the things they were doing for her in California to treat her condition.....she had to go back and do the things they were doing for her back in the 90's in California....

For once you said something smart. I'm a native of Washington and people always seem to think all of Washington is like Seattle and the coast. Not remotely true.

I think it's the best place in the country even though some of it was dragged down by Californians a long time ago

But for purposes of the OP, yeah...Washington is a cold, wet, miserable place. Stay away all you Floridians and other crybabies. Stay far away. I hear Arizona is nice.

dragged down by Californians?.....its called payback for all the people who moved to California last century and helped bring that state down....
i lived there already bobo.....but i lived there when it was maybe the best place on the planet to live,now?.....i dont think so.....

oh i did not need too?....that seems like you know that people from that area moved there ....like you did and then you moved away after you got what you came for...
I moved there with my family, knothead, and lived there for well over forty years. It's hardly like we came and sucked California dry and then moved on.
I went to school there, worked there, bought and sold multiple homes and paid my state taxes there. And when I retired early, so I could leave a state that had become hopelessly corrupt and degraded I moved on, like so many other Californians.
Just how stupid are you, anyway?
Did California suddenly become corrupt so suddenly you decided to move away? Or did you rack up enough in that state so you could afford to retire early but only if you moved away?

What state did you move to? Why didn’t you work in that state? Because that state doesn’t have jobs that pay as well as you made in California.

Hey I don’t blame you for cutting and running. I would to.

I kno there are lower tax states than Michigan but I’m not going to move to a red state when I retire so I can save money. That would suck. But if I do I’m not going to cry about how taxes drove me out. Or maybe I will. Like Trump I might move to Florida or at least make Florida my primary residency.

Great Lakes

upper peninsula BONUS!

Manufacturing

my sister in law moved there from california....she says your states medical industry is like the dark ages compared to California.....your doctors had no idea of some of the things they were doing for her in California to treat her condition.....she had to go back and do the things they were doing for her back in the 90's in California....
Isn’t that something? That doesn’t surprise me.

But it does piss me off. With technology why don’t doctors in michigan know what Cali doctors know?

We think or are told we have great hospitals but who’s rating hospitals by state?

i lived there already bobo.....but i lived there when it was maybe the best place on the planet to live,now?.....i dont think so.....
What changed?

Nonsense. Anyone with money wants to live in California. Does brad Pitt live in another state? George Clooney? Malibu baby! Beverly Hills. Santa Monica. San Francisco. The bay.

Please Harry. Anyone who has to move out because they can’t afford it is sad and bitter.

Do you think your state is the best? Which state is better? Maybe California. I could see Floridians thinking Florida is better. Texans too but no way. What state is better than Michigan?
Yeah, I've been told that CALIF, the abbreviation of California stands for "Come And Live In Florida" :)

What changed?
what changed?....many of the problems the state has right now were hardly even noticed back then......there are cities like Bell,Hawaiian Gardens that you would think you are in Mexico,English is a second language there....there is way more homelessness,poverty,people struggling to get by,infrastructure in some areas is pretty run down....and the freeways are packed even on the weekend.....way to many people.....i can go on but whats the point,the place that it once was is now just history....

Do you think your state is the best? Which state is better? Maybe California. I could see Floridians thinking Florida is better. Texans too but no way. What state is better than Michigan?
Yeah, I've been told that CALIF, the abbreviation of California stands for "Come And Live In Florida" :)
I watch mountain men. Tom Oars family wants him to move from Montana to Florida. He does not want to go. They have fishing boats on the ocean, but it’s not the same as being in the wilderness.

Maybe if he moved to the Everglades.

Your state is being over run with iguanas. What’s up with that?

Nonsense. Anyone with money wants to live in California. Does brad Pitt live in another state? George Clooney? Malibu baby! Beverly Hills. Santa Monica. San Francisco. The bay.

Please Harry. Anyone who has to move out because they can’t afford it is sad and bitter.
if you have money move there bobo.....at one time a normal income was fine.....and anyone who cant afford to live there either moves out or has to go live in the fucking boonies like hemet which is a gang paradise......yea people who lived and worked there all their lives and helped make the state what it was but now have to move,yea i guess they might be kind of bitter.....and the sad part is?.....the assholes in Sacramento can give a flying fuck,why?....because they live in the rich areas and dont have to put up with the shit they helped create....i moved out because i got sick and tired of the congestion.....every where you go.....congestion.....and there are lots of illegals who can give a flying fuck about becoming a part of society....brad pitt?.....cloony?.....yea they live in their nice gated communities with nice security keeping them safe.....

Forum List

Back