What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why was TV so vapid before "Game of Thrones" made fantasy mainstream?

JakeWIlls92

Gold Member
Reaction score
I remember 2000s and early 2010s TV as nothing but cop shows, reality shows, and doctor soaps.

Why were we obsessed with cops, doctors, and rich people during that time? Why did we lose interest in space and the future?

Amazon is nearing a deal to make a Mass Effect TV series

Or was computer graphics technology too primitive? Has computer generated graphics become cheaper allowing the production of shows like "Game of Thrones" and "The Expanse" to cost much less than it would during the 2000-2012 time period?

Otis Mayfield

Diamond Member
Reaction score
"Game of Thrones" season 8 was horrible.

JackOfNoTrades

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember 2000s and early 2010s TV as nothing but cop shows, reality shows, and doctor soaps.

Why were we obsessed with cops, doctors, and rich people during that time? Why did we lose interest in space and the future?

Or was computer graphics technology too primitive? Has computer generated graphics become cheaper allowing the production of shows like "Game of Thrones" and "The Expanse" to cost much less than it would during the 2000-2012 time period?
Hmm. I remember a couple of shows that were considered to be groundbreaking at the time that weren't considered vapid. "The Wire" and The Sopranos".
I mean, besides "Star Trek" and "Firefly", what shows really dealt with the future? They do cost a lot of money to produce and are geared to a specific audience.
Not a wide one. That's why they make shows about cops, doctors, and rich people. They sell...and can make a profit.

Crepitus

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Game of thrones sucked.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List