Why was the second amendment written?

EvMetro

Platinum Member
Mar 10, 2017
I doubt many will agree on the purpose of the second amendment, but I'd love to hear why everybody thinks the second amendment was written. Personally, I understand that it was put there so that we could take back our government if they get out of control.

I doubt many will agree on the purpose of the second amendment, but I'd love to hear why everybody thinks the second amendment was written. Personally, I understand that it was put there so that we could take back our government if they get out of control.

That was then, this is now, those who might have, waited too long. 18th century ideologues lagging behind 21st century tech. The gun is a fetish symbol for what we refused to unite against and resist.

It talks about a "well regulated militia", and that was because the US didn't have a standing military yet, so it depended on the people for defense.

Personally? I think that after we stood up our military, and made it one of the most formidable on the planet, that is when the 2nd became obsolete. And, while I'm from Montana and didn't know what store bought meat was most of my childhood, I'm also a hunter. And, if a person wants a 6 shooter, or any other kind of handgun, I would like the ammo to only be around 9 rounds before you have to reload. If you want to own a rifle, bolt action or lever action rifles are perfectly fine, and again, I'd like to see an ammo limit of about 10 rounds or less before reloading.

Semi automatic weapons that fire a round with each trigger squeeze that holds 30 plus rounds? Don't see the use of them. Handguns are better for home defense, and the AR-15 is designed to throw lots of ammo downrange quickly, which the only use I could see is in a war zone. And yeah, I served 20 years in the Navy.

That was then, this is now, those who might have, waited too long. 18th century ideologues lagging behind 21st century tech. The gun is a fetish symbol for what we refused to unite against and resist.
Because there are no totalitarian nations left on earth.

lagging behind 21st century tech.

I'm down with that...

0bb2b2ec702fd0ed21d27c01e61d4a3b--newt-aliens-aliens-.jpg

Pffffffffffffffffffffft, we support 73% of the world's dictatorships.

Is that why Trump just signed an EO to stop doing exactly that?

As he sucks off the Saudis? He just tried to pull a coup in Venezuela again to install a handpicked dictator. It's just what america does.

As he sucks off the Saudis? He just tried to pull a coup in Venezuela again to install a handpicked dictator. It's just what america does.
I disagree with Trump kissing Saudi ass.

We support 73% of the world's dictatorships.

lagging behind 21st century tech.

I'm down with that...

0bb2b2ec702fd0ed21d27c01e61d4a3b--newt-aliens-aliens-.jpg
No match for a drone, mass surveillance, concentration camps and militarized corporate state police in an authoritarian walled in society.
Detroit and Chicago don’t seem to mind such details.

My bad, I hadn't heard they'd established themselves as independent nation states.
Perhaps you should inform every gang in the US.

We support 73% of the world's dictatorships.
God bless Congress.

Got a link to that particular EO?

Got a link to that particular EO?
Google it.
I’m on my iPhone.
It was posted here and not one Liberal responded.

Forum List

Back