Why was the cure for homosexuality defended?

most people would argue that people are bullied and manipulated into heterosexuality.

:cuckoo:
were you beaten up and called a "straight" alot as a kid?

Nope. All kids I knew were straight. There were a few sissies around but even they enjoyed a Playboy mag requisitioned from under a big brother's bed.
1) The fact you still think of them as "sissies" reveals that bullying of those who are different existed. Yes, I did it too. Children are assholes.

2) While kids do exhibit a natural sexual preference, they are also curious. When they overhear their dads talking about "cocksuckers", they are curious as to what that means. Dad isn't likely to tell them, so they'll have to figure it out themselves.
My dad never talked like that. The fact that yours did explains why you turned out gay I guess.
I'm not gay. However, since you are spineless, stupid and a liar, what does that say about your dad?

ANOTHERLIFE is baiting all of you. He's like a KKK guy in a white sheet walking thru Harlem. Do yourselves a favor and ignore this thread.

They think homosexuality is normal. They can't count 1+1 and future that unless 50 out of any 100 people are gay, homosexuality is not expected and is not normal. What is most homosexuals are bullied and manipulated into homosexuality, and they would be just normal otherwise?
most people would argue that people are bullied and manipulated into heterosexuality.
People can't "turn" straight or gay, so any bullying just drives people underground. The fucking Communists persecuted those who were religious and attempted to stomp out religion. Did they succeed? No, they just drove it underground.
Yes, but it prevents the conversion of normal people into homosexuality, until a cure is found, right?
Normal people, AKA heterosexuals, don't "turn" or convert to homosexuality. They already are. What they are doing is masking themselves from society so as to appear "normal" and avoid bullying, mistreatment, being terminated from their job, etc.

Gay conversion therapy denies the reality that homosexuality is no threat to the individuals or others.
But homosexuality is a huge threat to the individual who suffers in it. How big does the stick has to be and how much does it need oiling before it make the sufferer realize the problem that goes into the suffrer's ass? That must surely be a sickness, it cannot be healthy to stick things in people's asses.
No, he has not. Your mistaken nonsense is harmful and should be crushed. Your logic is such that we can use your silly words as an example of what comes out of a person's mouth is stupid.
What logic are you using here? Sticking things in the ass is harmful, it was not designed for that, the vagina is, so homosexuality ergo must be a decease. Isn't this logical? At list on the simple mechanical basis, even if you ignore the mental problems of it?

In the 70s, the DSM national diagnostic book contained homosexuality as a mental decease, and doctors worked on finding cure for it. Then it was removed. Why is that? Who are the people who want people to be sick? This time it couldn't be the doctors because they lost their funding. Any theories?
For the same reason we used to subdivide the human race into four racial categories but now we do not: advancement of scientific knowledge.

In case of gays, it was found that homosexuality isn't a mental illness, but a natural product of birth and/or natural development. There is no "gay gene" just as there is not "straight gene", but there is no way a person can be cured of either sexual preference.

As for race, similar advancements in genetics revealed that, although all humans are 99.5% identical, the 0.5% involved a lot more variance than skin tone alone could account.

Science is knowledge and knowledge is power.

But there is no such science about gays. Even that is denied that head injuries in car accidents can trigger it.
You are free to ignore science in which you politically disagree, but that doesn't make it go away. Truth is truth.

Just because certain behaviors are hard-wired in some humans doesn't mean such behaviors are desirable to include in the societal structure.
Not following you here. While I've yet to see a "Retard's Right's Parade" and LWers praising someone as "brave" for "coming out" as retarded, the fact remains a person born with a mental disability cannot change who they are, therefore they shouldn't have to hide themselves in a closet.

Same goes for people who are left-handed, very smart in math, skilled at soccer, gay or anything else.
Why do you defend mental illness with ridiculous comparisons?
Because people like you need to be defended. All retards have Constitutional rights too and shouldn't be bullied just because they aren't normally developed or can't logically discuss a topic without becoming emotionally involved and personal about it. Have a really nice day, son. :)

They think homosexuality is normal. They can't count 1+1 and future that unless 50 out of any 100 people are gay, homosexuality is not expected and is not normal. What is most homosexuals are bullied and manipulated into homosexuality, and they would be just normal otherwise?
People can't "turn" straight or gay, so any bullying just drives people underground. The fucking Communists persecuted those who were religious and attempted to stomp out religion. Did they succeed? No, they just drove it underground.
Yes, but it prevents the conversion of normal people into homosexuality, until a cure is found, right?
Normal people, AKA heterosexuals, don't "turn" or convert to homosexuality. They already are. What they are doing is masking themselves from society so as to appear "normal" and avoid bullying, mistreatment, being terminated from their job, etc.
I must disagree with this, because this has not been scientifically proven, in fact there may be more proof to the contrary.

What logic are you using here? Sticking things in the ass is harmful, it was not designed for that, the vagina is, so homosexuality ergo must be a decease. Isn't this logical? At list on the simple mechanical basis, even if you ignore the mental problems of it?
Do you believe a married straight couple who has oral or anal sex should be arrested for sodomy like they were in the 1950s?

In the 70s, the DSM national diagnostic book contained homosexuality as a mental decease, and doctors worked on finding cure for it. Then it was removed. Why is that? Who are the people who want people to be sick? This time it couldn't be the doctors because they lost their funding. Any theories?
For the same reason we used to subdivide the human race into four racial categories but now we do not: advancement of scientific knowledge.

In case of gays, it was found that homosexuality isn't a mental illness, but a natural product of birth and/or natural development. There is no "gay gene" just as there is not "straight gene", but there is no way a person can be cured of either sexual preference.

As for race, similar advancements in genetics revealed that, although all humans are 99.5% identical, the 0.5% involved a lot more variance than skin tone alone could account.

Science is knowledge and knowledge is power.

But there is no such science about gays. Even that is denied that head injuries in car accidents can trigger it.
You are free to ignore science in which you politically disagree, but that doesn't make it go away. Truth is truth.
What science do you refer to? I referred to simple mechanics and some accidental head injury cases.

Gay conversion therapy denies the reality that homosexuality is no threat to the individuals or others.
But homosexuality is a huge threat to the individual who suffers in it. How big does the stick has to be and how much does it need oiling before it make the sufferer realize the problem that goes into the suffrer's ass? That must surely be a sickness, it cannot be healthy to stick things in people's asses.
No, he has not. Your mistaken nonsense is harmful and should be crushed. Your logic is such that we can use your silly words as an example of what comes out of a person's mouth is stupid.

We weren't meant to put things in our eyes, either, and yet here are your contacts. Slap those suckers right on your eyeballs!

I must disagree with this, because this has not been scientifically proven, in fact there may be more proof to the contrary.
Do you believe sexual preference is a choice or, somehow, wired into each of us?

Did you make a choice to be gay or straight? I didn't. I was naturally attracted to girls. Since many homophobes are latent homosexuals, do you have homosexual desires?

Do you believe sexual preference is a choice or, somehow, wired into each of us?

Did you make a choice to be gay or straight? I didn't. I was naturally attracted to girls. Since many homophobes are latent homosexuals, do you have homosexual desires?

People who think it's a choice, sat down to make a "pros and cons" list.

Do you believe a married straight couple who has oral or anal sex should be arrested for sodomy like they were in the 1950s?
Annual sex will certainly hurt the woman in that marriage. That could be classified in the same category as coercion for wife beating. So yes it could be a hidden crime, but this is only logic, I don't think as far as law enforcement, but maybe it should be warranted.

Annual sex will certainly hurt the woman in that marriage. That could be classified in the same category as coercion for wife beating. So yes it could be a hidden crime, but this is only logic, I don't think as far as law enforcement, but maybe it should be warranted.

Annual sex is what bad husbands get.

I think it is logical the assume that both birth conditions and learned behavior contribute to the creation of homosexuals. There is no scientific evidence otherwise.

ANOTHERLIFE is baiting all of you. He's like a KKK guy in a white sheet walking thru Harlem. Do yourselves a favor and ignore this thread.
The thread poses an existing question, doesn't matter who the OP is. You troll much? Hehe.

Fine. I didn't want to do this, but you leave me no choice. Let it be known by all who read this that Anothlife and I are gay lovers. I pitch, he receives. He loves my Johnson up his bung. He loves for me to spew in his mouth. He makes post like this to make people think he is anti gay, when the reality is, he is a cock hound, can't get enough of it.

The thread poses an existing question, doesn't matter who the OP is. You troll much? Hehe.

Fine. I didn't want to do this, but you leave me no choice. Let it be known by all who read this that Anothlife and I are gay lovers. I pitch, he receives. He loves my Johnson up his bung. He loves for me to spew in his mouth. He makes post like this to make people think he is anti gay, when the reality is, he is a cock hound, can't get enough of it.
I really asked them to take good care of you downtown, and this is what happened? I am disappointed.

So you have "stuck" things up your bum, have you? It hurt you, did you? Go talk to a real doctor. But here's a hint: don't do it if you don't like it. And another: mind your own business.

I really asked them to take good care of you downtown, and this is what happened? I am disappointed.

Oh sweetie, let's just let everyone know about us. I'm tired of having to sneak around. You said you loved me as I was wrecking your anal canal, now let everyone know the truth. Then we can kiss in public.

Forum List

Back