Why the English lost the Revolutionary war

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
It was simply too much land to occupy with so little troops . Every time the English seized land it was irrelevant because the Americans just moved to a new spot . The English were completely bankrupt and did not view the area as that important . They had Canada and much of the Caribbean.
Again ..too much territory to cover and the Americans could just keep moving to unlimited locations

Oddly after the big battle of York town ? The English still had full control of New York and did not give it up until few yrs later
The English realized that America
was far more valuable as a future trading partner

It was simply too much land to occupy with so little troops . Every time the English seized land it was irrelevant because the Americans just moved to a new spot . The English were completely bankrupt and did not view the area as that important . They had Canada and much of the Caribbean.
Again ..too much territory to cover and the Americans could just keep moving to unlimited locations
the english lost because those bright red uniforms mad wonderful targets

Oddly after the big battle of York town ? The English still had full control of New York and did not give it up until few yrs later
Pretty sure the English held New York until the War ended. It was the French armada sailing in to New York Harbor that made the English say Ok, I quit. They didn't want to get into it again with France.

Pretty sure the English held New York until the War ended. It was the French armada sailing in to New York Harbor that made the English say Ok, I quit. They didn't want to get into it again with France.
That was Virginia?? The English were caught by surprise!!
They held NY for years after

You're right!

Yes, and the Native Americans had taught us geurrilla warfare.

You're right!
I am posting more on history and science as I move away from politics
Thx

That wasn’t a factor when both sides were armed with smooth bore muskets that couldn’t hit a man sized target at fifty yards. I’m not sure the Brown Bess muskets even had sights.

Because George Washington kicked British BUTT...

2k3zDR5.jpg

They actually beat themselves; Tories here outnumbered rebels two to one, and the vast majority of colonials didn't back either side. but a couple of years of British arrogance and occupation soldiers committing assorted outrages reversed those numbers and made the rebels very popular.

You're right!
Thx

There's a History Forum here? Where? All I see is two conspiritard forums, one hiding under a fake name.

You're right!
Thx

There's a History Forum here? Where? All I see is two conspiritard forums, one hiding under a fake name.

And even when you start up something you’re interested in, it doesn’t last long,

Sex and politics sell! :hyper:

You're right!
Thx

My next project, Covid permitting, is the French; all those territories with French sounding names, the Louisiana Purchase, Napoleon’s bankruptcy from fighting a war on two fronts; all that stuff.

You're right!
Thx

And even when you start up something you’re interested in, it doesn’t last long,

My Jewish and Israel posts are popular

Probably because most of their guys died from scurvy or berry berry on the trip over.

The Brits were relatively considerate about looting and pillaging off civilians while their supply lines were thin to non existent once the Colonies caught the revolutionary fever. All Washington had to do was to survive and keep up the morale

You're right!
Thx

My next project, Covid permitting, is the French; all those territories with French sounding names, the Louisiana Purchase, Napoleon’s bankruptcy from fighting a war on two fronts; all that stuff.

I'll dispute the war on two fronts myth; the U.S. fought on three fronts at once, the Pacific and two fronts in Europe, and at the same time kept the Soviets and British supplied to boot.

You're right!
Thx

My Jewish and Israel posts are popular

Oh yes, da Joos.

Never fails.

New Topics

Forum List

Back