Why the death penalty? 67 year old murderer, released on parole, murders a woman with a knife.

a little paranoid are we?....

I learned very early in life that people were mean, nasty, cruel sons of bitches who didn’t like me because of what I look like and (as I got a little older) what I believe.

For many years I tried to be nice to these people and ignore their hostility. Eventually I learned it wasn’t worth the effort and started not liking them back. As a result I figured out that not interacting with Society was easier than constantly having to restrain my mouth and my violent tendencies.

it’s better for us all this way.
just a little clue for you here....no one here knows what you look like....its what you say that is the key

Death penalty needs to be carried out for all convicted murderers.

Makes absolutely no sense to keep them alive in prison with 3 square meals, workout rooms, internet and phone access with our tax dollars, with the possibility of them escaping or being released - while their victims are dead and their family members suffer.

What if they're innocent?
Death penalty needs to be carried out for all convicted murderers. Twelve of their peers said they weren't.

And they're always right.
And you, as an unconcerned bystander with no knowledge of the case, are qualified to question those twelve jurors who spent their time parsing the evidence. I get it.

If they are innocent, they are guilty of other things they didn't get caught for. When police look for a suspect, they don't drive to Joe Blow's house, a guy who never had so much as an outstanding parking ticket in his life, and arrest him for murder while he's doing his gardening. In most cases they have a pretty good idea who they are looking for.

30 years ago, yes, you could say some may have been innocent. But anybody convicted of murder the last 20 years or so did it. With all the video recorders we have today, our advanced forensic science, it's almost impossible to get the wrong guy. Years ago, all you needed was a witness to state they seen the murder.

Plus I will say that any murder with empirical evidence should only get the death penalty. Video, DNA, shoe prints, those kinds of things.

just a little clue for you here....no one here knows what you look like....its what you say that is the key

I’m well aware of why people don’t like me. Thsts fine by me. I really couldn’t give a fuck what people think of me, my beliefs, etc... UNTIL they want to tell me I’m wrong or change my mind. THEN we have problems.

Far too often these days people are unwilling to simply agree to disagree and move on. They have to start a debate or argument instead to try and “prove” themselves correct. Thsts when I walk away. I’m not changing your mind and you sure as Gell aren’t changing mine, so why waste the time and energy?

With that in mind, I find it FAR easier to ignore or avoid most human beings rather than engage them in any form of personal interaction.

Death penalty needs to be carried out for all convicted murderers.

Makes absolutely no sense to keep them alive in prison with 3 square meals, workout rooms, internet and phone access with our tax dollars, with the possibility of them escaping or being released - while their victims are dead and their family members suffer.

1. This isn't 1896. Wild West justice went away with the establishment of law and order. You should look it up sometime.

2. Our Justice system still works.

3. Recidivism sometimes works.

This is why I support the death penalty.......you can never trust the government, in particular, the democrat party, to keep violent monsters locked up....and when they are released, more innocents suffer and die...

Only weeks after his parole conditions were lifted by the state of California and he was released to society, a 67-year-old convicted murderer in Los Angeles who killed a woman in 1982 was charged with the stabbing murder of another woman.

According to court documents, Eddie Allen Harris murdered a woman in South Los Angeles on March 23.

“According to LAPD, officers responded to E. 59th Place & South Main Street in south Los Angeles at around 5:30 a.m., where they found a deceased Black woman in an alley with lacerations across her body,” FOX 11 reported. Citing court documents, FOX 11 noted that in 1982, “Harris was convicted of murdering another woman in Los Angeles County.” Harris “raped and stabbed a woman to death before leaving her body in an alley.”

Police arrested Harris on April 8.

The state granted Harris parole in 2018 after over 30 years in prison. His parole conditions were terminated this year.

He should have sentenced to life imprisonment with no parole. No need for barbarianism.

That sentence means nothing......any democrat down the road will just allow them out.....
Not if it without chance of parole.

The parole system isn't 100% flawless and certain. Only extremists will use this fact to make their argument for the death penalty.

America has created it's sick society in which prisons are overflowing and rehabilitation is ignored in favour of punishment. It doesn't work and it must be abandoned and reformed, if only for selfish motives of lowering taxes on citizens who bear the burden of the system.

Another thread which serves to highlight the social failure of America.

In this case by an extremist who has only wandered briefly, from his obsession over his main socially irresponsible issue.

Our failed society is all due to liberalism. They turned our prisons into playgrounds, took God out of our schools and society, promoted and praised single-parent families and replaced the father with a welfare check and food stamps. Then when these Godless people murder somebody, they come out of prison and have the Democrat party re-instituting their voting rights.

Our prisons are overflowing. Gee, I wonder why? Three square meals a day, a field outside to play football and baseball, a little quiet room in case you want your wife or girlfriend to stop over to start a family, a pool room, the ability to purchase snacks if your friends or family donate money to your account, and when you need a few days of vacation, level a lawsuit against the state because you were served grape jello instead of cherry. They will drive you out of there for a few days in court for a change of scenery.

Want to stop the overflow of prisons, then turn our prisons into the prison from the classic movie Cool Hand Luke. Nobody would want to go there.
You should go to prison and see if is a playground. If you start with something this stupid, do not expect people to keep reading.

This is why I support the death penalty.......you can never trust the government, in particular, the democrat party, to keep violent monsters locked up....and when they are released, more innocents suffer and die...

Only weeks after his parole conditions were lifted by the state of California and he was released to society, a 67-year-old convicted murderer in Los Angeles who killed a woman in 1982 was charged with the stabbing murder of another woman.

According to court documents, Eddie Allen Harris murdered a woman in South Los Angeles on March 23.

“According to LAPD, officers responded to E. 59th Place & South Main Street in south Los Angeles at around 5:30 a.m., where they found a deceased Black woman in an alley with lacerations across her body,” FOX 11 reported. Citing court documents, FOX 11 noted that in 1982, “Harris was convicted of murdering another woman in Los Angeles County.” Harris “raped and stabbed a woman to death before leaving her body in an alley.”

The state granted Harris parole in 2018 after over 30 years in prison. His parole conditions were terminated this year.

He should have sentenced to life imprisonment with no parole. No need for barbarianism.

That sentence means nothing......any democrat down the road will just allow them out.....

You don't know what you are talking about...there is no such thing as "without a chance of parole" when you deal with democrats...they can release anyone they want with the stroke of a pen.....

Remember Willy Horton....he was serving a life sentence, "Without a chance of Parole" you idiot......and the democrat governor let him out of prison on weekend furloughs........you moron..

William R. Horton (born August 12, 1951) is an American convicted felon who, while serving a life sentence for murder (without the possibility of parole),[1] was the beneficiary of a Massachusetts weekend furlough program. He did not return from his furlough, and ultimately committed assault, armed robbery, and rape before being captured and sentenced in Maryland where he remains incarcerated.

You don't know what you are talking about...there is no such thing as "without a chance of parole" when you deal with democrats...they can release anyone they want with the stroke of a pen.....

Remember Willy Horton....he was serving a life sentence, "Without a chance of Parole" you idiot......and the democrat governor let him out of prison on weekend furloughs........you moron..

William R. Horton (born August 12, 1951) is an American convicted felon who, while serving a life sentence for murder (without the possibility of parole),[1] was the beneficiary of a Massachusetts weekend furlough program. He did not return from his furlough, and ultimately committed assault, armed robbery, and rape before being captured and sentenced in Maryland where he remains incarcerated.

They have to make it without parole and have a stipulation that it means just thus. It is a problem with the justice system that needs to be corrected.

They have to make it without parole and have a stipulation that it means just thus. It is a problem with the justice system that needs to be corrected.

You can't guarantee that democrats won't let them out......they keep telling us that old murderers are no longer a threat and shouldn't be kept in prison.....then they let them out and they commit murder......and other crimes...like willy horton...

You can't guarantee that democrats won't let them out......they keep telling us that old murderers are no longer a threat and shouldn't be kept in prison.....then they let them out and they commit murder......and other crimes...like willy horton...
You are not paying any attention to what I am saying. How is your reading comprehension? It is my fault because I know better than to attempt to have a discussion with you.

You are not paying any attention to what I am saying. How is your reading comprehension? It is my fault because I know better than to attempt to have a discussion with you.

What part of "Life Sentence without the possibility of parole," in the Willy Horton case do you not understand...he wasn't "paroled," the democrat governor gave him a weekend pass...........

You should go to prison and see if is a playground. If you start with something this stupid, do not expect people to keep reading.

I don't have to go to prison. I know people who were in prison. I go by what they tell me. Also an old friend of mine was a corrections officer in a prison. She told me stories about what goes on in there.

Yes, prisons are hell for productive people who have a life. But for those that just waste their life on welfare, never had any desire to work or become somebody, no inclination to advance oneself, it's not that bad of a place. It's why they keep going back after being let out.

One of my closest childhood friends joined the Marines. When he got out, he picked up one of our friends hitchhiking. She felt secure because she knew him. He made an advance on her and she fought him back, so he pistol whipped her. He ended up doing three years. When he got out, he stopped by for a visit. He told me prison was not someplace he'd want to go back to, but if he had to, it wouldn't be that big of a deal. He was living at his mothers apartment, went out, busted into a neighbors apartment while she was in the shower. She ran out of the apartment building butt naked. He chased her down and strangled her to death.

It doesn't sound like he feared prison all that much. But he was never much of a worker and had no desire to become anybody.

The parole system isn't 100% flawless and certain. Only extremists will use this fact to make their argument for the death penalty.

America has created it's sick society in which prisons are overflowing and rehabilitation is ignored in favour of punishment. It doesn't work and it must be abandoned and reformed, if only for selfish motives of lowering taxes on citizens who bear the burden of the system.

Another thread which serves to highlight the social failure of America.

In this case by an extremist who has only wandered briefly, from his obsession over his main socially irresponsible issue.

Our failed society is all due to liberalism. They turned our prisons into playgrounds, took God out of our schools and society, promoted and praised single-parent families and replaced the father with a welfare check and food stamps. Then when these Godless people murder somebody, they come out of prison and have the Democrat party re-instituting their voting rights.

Our prisons are overflowing. Gee, I wonder why? Three square meals a day, a field outside to play football and baseball, a little quiet room in case you want your wife or girlfriend to stop over to start a family, a pool room, the ability to purchase snacks if your friends or family donate money to your account, and when you need a few days of vacation, level a lawsuit against the state because you were served grape jello instead of cherry. They will drive you out of there for a few days in court for a change of scenery.

Want to stop the overflow of prisons, then turn our prisons into the prison from the classic movie Cool Hand Luke. Nobody would want to go there.
Norway and the US provide the contrast between the very best and the very worst. There's no chance of changing an extremist, racist and hater's mind but it worth it to point out the contrast and the reason why the American way has failed.

I don't have to go to prison. I know people who were in prison. I go by what they tell me. Also an old friend of mine was a corrections officer in a prison. She told me stories about what goes on in there.

Yes, prisons are hell for productive people who have a life. But for those that just waste their life on welfare, never had any desire to work or become somebody, no inclination to advance oneself, it's not that bad of a place. It's why they keep going back after being let out.

One of my closest childhood friends joined the Marines. When he got out, he picked up one of our friends hitchhiking. She felt secure because she knew him. He made an advance on her and she fought him back, so he pistol whipped her. He ended up doing three years. When he got out, he stopped by for a visit. He told me prison was not someplace he'd want to go back to, but if he had to, it wouldn't be that big of a deal. He was living at his mothers apartment, went out, busted into a neighbors apartment while she was in the shower. She ran out of the apartment building butt naked. He chased her down and strangled her to death.

It doesn't sound like he feared prison all that much. But he was never much of a worker and had no desire to become anybody.
And this is the guy you are quoting about prison?

If they are innocent, they are guilty of other things they didn't get caught for. When police look for a suspect, they don't drive to Joe Blow's house, a guy who never had so much as an outstanding parking ticket in his life, and arrest him for murder while he's doing his gardening. In most cases they have a pretty good idea who they are looking for.

30 years ago, yes, you could say some may have been innocent. But anybody convicted of murder the last 20 years or so did it. With all the video recorders we have today, our advanced forensic science, it's almost impossible to get the wrong guy. Years ago, all you needed was a witness to state they seen the murder.

Plus I will say that any murder with empirical evidence should only get the death penalty. Video, DNA, shoe prints, those kinds of things.

So...what you're saying is no matter what they're guilty of something and should die for it? Sheesh Ray!

No. I oppose the death penalty because it's unequal and fallible. Life in prison with no parol instead.

So...what you're saying is no matter what they're guilty of something and should die for it? Sheesh Ray!

No. I oppose the death penalty because it's unequal and fallible. Life in prison with no parol instead.

As I said, I would approve of executions that had indisputable evidence. I wouldn't have even approved of OJ getting the death penalty. What's more equal than if somebody kills a member of my family, we get to kill him?

And what about a guy that brutally rapes a 16 year old girl repeatedly, tortures her by cutting slits on her skin and watching her bleed, and then sets her on fire to die. You would disapprove of the death penalty for somebody like that?

As I said, I would approve of executions that had indisputable evidence. I wouldn't have even approved of OJ getting the death penalty. What's more equal than if somebody kills a member of my family, we get to kill him?

And what about a guy that brutally rapes a 16 year old girl repeatedly, tortures her by cutting slits on her skin and watching her bleed, and then sets her on fire to die. You would disapprove of the death penalty for somebody like that?

I don't oppose the death penalty out of any "sanctity of life"...but because it's problematic. People who can afford slick lawyers get off but poor people get sent to death row. It's biased racially in it's application as well, and the truth is - no matter how "sure" we are of the evidence - innocent people get convicted and once dead, there is no coming back. Well in theory anyway :lol:

There ARE certain crimes and criminals where I would have no problem seeing the perpetrator die, the worst of the worst - not by any means every murder - but I couldn't support as long as the flaws in the system exist.

I don't oppose the death penalty out of any "sanctity of life"...but because it's problematic. People who can afford slick lawyers get off but poor people get sent to death row. It's biased racially in it's application as well, and the truth is - no matter how "sure" we are of the evidence - innocent people get convicted and once dead, there is no coming back. Well in theory anyway :lol:

There ARE certain crimes and criminals where I would have no problem seeing the perpetrator die, the worst of the worst - not by any means every murder - but I couldn't support as long as the flaws in the system exist.

There really are no flaws in the system any longer. As I said technology has guaranteed that. The cases of people falsely convicted were from years ago. It's not racially biased either. People will no money can't afford a good attorney no matter what race they are. But if a person is truly guilty of murder, it doesn't matter how good their attorney is because the evidence is overwhelming.

With capital punishment, we either have it or we don't. If we don't, that 16 year old being tortured and murdered gets tossed right out the window with all death penalty cases. Then when you look at your state tax deductions on your pay stub, you know that some of that money is going to feed, house and provide medical care to such a person.

New Topics

Forum List

Back