"Why Stop There?", CNN Advocates Mass Censorship

What's wrong with what Darcy says? Again, the 1st Amendment is not a license to say anything you want with no possibility of repercussions. That's not the way it works. Social media is a sewer.
Are we going to license libel and slander as norms? Because that's a lot of what comes out of Trump's tweets. Twitter is a private company. They have every right to set their own TOS.
If Trump doesn't like it, he's free to go elsewhere.

If you are a communist, nothing is wrong with it.

If you are a clear thinking American, everything is wrong with it.
Freedom of speech is not freedom to lie, spread lies or spread ideas that ultimately interfere with an other group's right to equality. You might not be able to tell the truth from a lie anymore, or figure out what is hate speech, but fortunately there are still fair minded people with both feet on the ground who can.

You folks are perpetually complaining about censorship, but I have never once had any trouble finding videos, articles and blogs on ...for instance, Hunter Biden's laptop or election fraud. You have no problem running your mouth here, or on the other forum I visit, merrily spreading conjecture and confused innuendo as truth. Talk radio is strong. Tucker & Lou & Hannity are strong. The gossip rags are strong. Breitbart is strong. You've got a new hidey hole called Parler for when you've lied too much on twitter.

It seems what you really want is a license to lie, and to destroy any ideas other than your own. Tough shit. Quit spreading outrageous propaganda that has already been debunked and maybe you will be heard.

Do you believe that President TRump said that white supremacists were "very fine people"?

Cause that is a lie that was told by your lefty mainstream media and still almost universally supported even though it has been utterly debunked.

THus you claim of US being the liars, is shown to be a lie.

It is not "murder" to holding the opinion that "only good democrat is a dead one". To deny anyone to hold and/or express that opinion is a raw example of censorship.
Wishing death on an entire group of citizens is a raw example of brain dead bigotry or out of control animosity, neither which have a place in a civilized society. Words matter.

It seems what you really want is a license to lie, and to destroy any ideas other than your own.

the Founding Fathers did not elect themselves - or you - to decide what is or isnt the truth

if I say that the democrats stole the 2020 election you may call me a liar and probably will since you are now so personally invested in biden

but you cant accuse me of “interfering with another groups right to equality“ and have me silenced

It is not "murder" to holding the opinion that "only good democrat is a dead one". To deny anyone to hold and/or express that opinion is a raw example of censorship.
Wishing death on an entire group of citizens is a raw example of brain dead bigotry or out of control animosity, neither which have a place in a civilized society. Words matter.

Your side operated brown shirt mobs during the last three years, while your elected dems ordered the cops to stand down and let them rule the streets, if not actually ordering them to HELP the rioters or to arrest people that defended themselves.

In that context, OldLady, you should be expecting more than just ill wishes.

What's wrong with what Darcy says? Again, the 1st Amendment is not a license to say anything you want with no possibility of repercussions. That's not the way it works. Social media is a sewer.
Are we going to license libel and slander as norms? Because that's a lot of what comes out of Trump's tweets. Twitter is a private company. They have every right to set their own TOS.

Freedom of speech is not freedom to lie, spread lies or spread ideas that ultimately interfere with an other group's right to equality. You might not be able to tell the truth from a lie anymore, or figure out what is hate speech, but fortunately there are still fair minded people with both feet on the ground who can.

You folks are perpetually complaining about censorship, but I have never once had any trouble finding videos, articles and blogs on ...for instance, Hunter Biden's laptop or election fraud. You have no problem running your mouth here, or on the other forum I visit, merrily spreading conjecture and confused innuendo as truth. Talk radio is strong. Tucker & Lou & Hannity are strong. The gossip rags are strong. Breitbart is strong. You've got a new hidey hole called Parler for when you've lied too much on twitter.

It seems what you really want is a license to lie, and to destroy any ideas other than your own. Tough shit. Quit spreading outrageous propaganda that has already been debunked and maybe you will be heard.

Do you believe that President TRump said that white supremacists were "very fine people"?

Cause that is a lie that was told by your lefty mainstream media and still almost universally supported even though it has been utterly debunked.

This is what he said.

Trump: "Excuse me, excuse me. They didn’t put themselves -- and you had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. You had people in that group. Excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name."

His mistake was implying that there were good people on that white supremacy side. A tacit approval of white supremacy. That's the problem with not being a politician and measuring your words carefully. Something I'll be glad to get back to with Biden.
It's also the fact Trump's a complete moron and doesn't think before he speaks. He tries to recover in the next frame of the conversation but the damage was already done.

Your side operated brown shirt mobs during the last three years, while your elected dems ordered the cops to stand down and let them rule the streets, if not actually ordering them to HELP the rioters or to arrest people that defended themselves.

In that context, OldLady, you should be expecting more than just ill wishes.
I think OldLady no longer wants to be known as a knee-jerk biden supporter

pretty soon he’s going to start embarrassing her and she will try to rewrite history along her voting record

There was a time from the very touchstone of American journalism was the rejection of such calls for censorship, including at CNN.

Bull shit. The press is free to print or publish whateverthefuck they want, or not want, that's what freedom means.

There was a time from the very touchstone of American journalism was the rejection of such calls for censorship, including at CNN.

Bull shit. The press is free to print or publish whateverthefuck they want, or not want, that's what freedom means.

I am not arguing for whether they should or shouldn't be free to express their Stalinism, and worship of communism. That's what they did...

The MSM played and printed his full remarks in enough places that I did not buy that he said those Nazi's were very fine people. Fact checkers have pointed it out. It was a viral meme. Meme's should be taken as entertainment and opinion, not news. If they had taken down that meme, or flagged it as being inaccurate, it would have been fine. But do we start censoring jokes and cartoons now as fake news? Political jokes are based on hyperbole.

Trump really said, "There were very fine people on both sides, & I'm not talking about the Neo-nazis and white supremacists because they should be condemned totally."

Last edited:
Freedom of speech is not freedom to lie, spread lies or spread ideas that ultimately interfere with an other group's right to equality

I disagree. Look at Faux News and the alt-right echo chamber.

This is what he said.

Trump: "Excuse me, excuse me. They didn’t put themselves -- and you had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. You had people in that group. Excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name."

His mistake was implying that there were good people on that white supremacy side. A tacit approval of white supremacy. That's the problem with not being a politician and measuring your words carefully. Something I'll be glad to get back to with Biden.
It's also the fact Trump's a complete moron and doesn't think before he speaks. He tries to recover in the next frame of the conversation but the damage was already done.

Not everyone who supports the historical statues is a ws.

He was explicit and clear that he was NOT referring to ws.

You are a filthy liar. And your lib media are filthy liars. For oldlady to pretend otherwise is a filthy lie.

" and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists -- because they should be condemned totally. But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists. "

The MSM played and printed his full remarks in enough places that I did not buy that he said those Nazi's were very fine people.

Thank you. YOu are the only liberal that I have met that has admitted that without some type of bullshit weasel words.

And even though they have admitted it, and printed his full remarks in many places, they lied enough that the Conventional Wisdom is that Trump did say it.

They lied enough to convince the American people of terrible lie about the President and thus his supporters.

Thus your pretense that it is Trump; or the republicans that are the liars, is just not true.

I know it won’t ever sink in, but Twitter is under no obligation to propagate anyone’s speech. Being removed from Twitter is not and cannot be considered a violation of the right to free speech if there is no right to speak there in the first place.

This is what he said.

Not everyone who supports the historical statues is a ws.

He was explicit and clear that he was NOT referring to ws.

You are a filthy liar. And your lib media are filthy liars. For oldlady to pretend otherwise is a filthy lie.

" and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists -- because they should be condemned totally. But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists. "

I pointed out that he tried to recover in the next exchange but the damage had been done.
A consequence of not measuring your words carefully.

It seems what you really want is a license to lie, and to destroy any ideas other than your own.

the Founding Fathers did not elect themselves - or you - to decide what is or isnt the truth

if I say that the democrats stole the 2020 election you may call me a liar and probably will since you are now so personally invested in biden

but you cant accuse me of “interfering with another groups right to equality“ and have me silenced
Truth is an objective, verifiable fact, and it has been verified over and over that there was no massive voter fraud. The fact that you are no longer able to tell an objective, verified fact is sad, but it does not change the fact that the truth exists. The equality remark is about hate speech, which is the other issue twitter is gunning for. However, the poster arguing that the only good democrat is a dead Democrat is skating mighty close to the edge. However, it's a pretty commonly used expression, so it doesn't hold a lot of weight, except to some disaffected nutcase out there living in fantasyland.

New Topics

Forum List

Back