Why should we take Sweden’s approach to COVID?

Pelosi & De Blasio were the ones telling people to congregate in numbers...

And your blob was the one forcing them to stand for hours and hours shoulder to shoulder at 13 airports around the nation. Every one of these airports saw a spike in Covid numbers.

First off, he’s our President. He’s my President & he’s your President also.

These were American citizens returning via a port of entry. That’s how our system is set up. You have these ports of entry, airports are the main ones. They que people up as a border control. That’s how it’s done & been the case for decades. Where else are they supposed to go?

No fuck face... the DHS limited it to 13 airports across the nation. Forcing thousands into airports that were not prepared.

Where else?

Houston has an international airport.
Orlando has an international airport.
Minneapolis has an international airport.

just to name a few...

You could have sent flights to military bases.

You could have staggered the flights over time.

But instead at the same time the blob's CDC was telling people to socially distance, the blob's DHS was forcing them to stand shoulder to shoulder.

No dumbass, that isn't how it works. The airlines in concert with US Customs and Border Protection sets up the ports of entry. This is a system which has taken years to develop. The airlines have done this by designating hub cities (dependent on actual traffic) & US Customs seeks efficiencies since they have limited personnel. The systme And no you couldn't stagger flights because the countries these flights came from were closing borders. These were evacuations, not just weekend getaways. They were last minute, "get the fuck of out of Dodge" variety. You liberal morons are so stupid most of the time in how things really work.

Apparently you are totally ignorant of the topic.

Feast your eyes on what the Blob’sDHS ordered on 3/13:

It clearly says travel from overseas was limited to 13 airports.
View attachment 342450
As for the lie you told about other nations being locked down, pleas provide proof that every nation was being locked down. I’m sure you’ll find that no such universal lockdown was ever in place.

Are you noticing the trend of me correcting you over and over? I’m getting Tired of it. Smarten up

Congratulations, you have identified hub cities for major airlines as well as ports of entry:

Boston: Hub for Delta
Chicago: Hub for United & American
Dallas: Hub for American
Detroit: Hub for Delta
Hawaii: Hub for Hawaii Airlines & a major port of entry for the Pacific region.

You have proven my point on issue 1. Incidentally, these airports are the major ingress points for Europe & Asia into the US. A quick scan of the airlines book found in the seat back or just looking on their web site will tell even a 3-year old that....

Regarding issue 2, I can believe you would post something so idiotic as that. It's the liberal way. But in case you need visual evidence that water is indeed wet & that liberals are indeed stupid, here you go....

Any other stupidity you wish to state or are you finished....

No shit brains. If you wanted to fly from Seoul to Houston, you couldn’t do that. You were routed to a different airport by your blob and forced to stand shoulder to shoulder for hours while his DHS twiddled their thumbs. Try to wrap your limited faculties around that fact As well as the fact your blob fucked up.

No you were routed by the airlines who schedule these flights.
Not sure why you cannot read or perhaps won't believe the DHS news release saying that only 13 airports were going to handle international flights. Its in black and white for you to look at.

If you were flying home, you were going through one of these 13 airports. Not because that was some sort of hub of the airlines (United has a hub in Houston by the way--keep that in mind), but because your blob's DHS mandated it.

An employee's daughter who works at the local ABC Affiliate in Houston KTRK TV recited her convoluted travel journey. I know you won't click on anything that threatens your weak argument--so here is the picture of the test followed by the link of others who are brave enough to have their pre-conceived worship of the blob challenged.

View attachment 342753

United, again, has a hub in Houston. United, again, didn't operate the flight from Europe to Houston on that day. United, again, was told that IAH in Houston was not able to handle international screening.

Can you bring yourself to understand this you idiot? Flights were cancelled and funneled through 13 airports. Your Blob's DHS will tell you the same thing!!!!

Your post:
"These were American citizens returning via a port of entry. That’s how our system is set up. You have these ports of entry, airports are the main ones. They que people up as a border control. That’s how it’s done & been the case for decades." is correct. The blob's DHS changed it for the pandemic.

And they royally fucked it up.

View attachment 342756
Snippet:

"In a tweet, Chad Wolf, the acting homeland security secretary, acknowledged the long lines and the stress the passengers were feeling saying, “DHS is aware of the long lines for passengers who are undergoing increased medical screening requirements. Right now we are working to add additional screening capacity and working with the airlines to expedite the process.”
“I understand this is very stressful. In these unprecedented times, we ask for your patience. It currently takes ~60 seconds for medical professionals to screen each passenger. We will be increasing capacity but the health and safety of the American public is first & foremost.”

Stressful? Try deadly. Had the blob's DHS opened more airports, there would be, of course, fewer passengers per airport--thus quicker screening times if nothing else.

Again, your resistance to understanding the topic you're discussing is hilarious. Please provide more comedy.
Gee,

wonder if KGB can once again muster the manhood to acknowledge his error and apologize once more for being an idiot. I doubt it

And your blob was the one forcing them to stand for hours and hours shoulder to shoulder at 13 airports around the nation. Every one of these airports saw a spike in Covid numbers.

These were American citizens returning via a port of entry. That’s how our system is set up. You have these ports of entry, airports are the main ones. They que people up as a border control. That’s how it’s done & been the case for decades. Where else are they supposed to go?

No fuck face... the DHS limited it to 13 airports across the nation. Forcing thousands into airports that were not prepared.

Where else?

just to name a few...

But instead at the same time the blob's CDC was telling people to socially distance, the blob's DHS was forcing them to stand shoulder to shoulder.

No dumbass, that isn't how it works. The airlines in concert with US Customs and Border Protection sets up the ports of entry. This is a system which has taken years to develop. The airlines have done this by designating hub cities (dependent on actual traffic) & US Customs seeks efficiencies since they have limited personnel. The systme And no you couldn't stagger flights because the countries these flights came from were closing borders. These were evacuations, not just weekend getaways. They were last minute, "get the fuck of out of Dodge" variety. You liberal morons are so stupid most of the time in how things really work.

View attachment 342450
As for the lie you told about other nations being locked down, pleas provide proof that every nation was being locked down. I’m sure you’ll find that no such universal lockdown was ever in place.

Are you noticing the trend of me correcting you over and over? I’m getting Tired of it. Smarten up

Congratulations, you have identified hub cities for major airlines as well as ports of entry:

You have proven my point on issue 1. Incidentally, these airports are the major ingress points for Europe & Asia into the US. A quick scan of the airlines book found in the seat back or just looking on their web site will tell even a 3-year old that....

Regarding issue 2, I can believe you would post something so idiotic as that. It's the liberal way. But in case you need visual evidence that water is indeed wet & that liberals are indeed stupid, here you go....

No shit brains. If you wanted to fly from Seoul to Houston, you couldn’t do that. You were routed to a different airport by your blob and forced to stand shoulder to shoulder for hours while his DHS twiddled their thumbs. Try to wrap your limited faculties around that fact As well as the fact your blob fucked up.

Not sure why you cannot read or perhaps won't believe the DHS news release saying that only 13 airports were going to handle international flights. Its in black and white for you to look at.

If you were flying home, you were going through one of these 13 airports. Not because that was some sort of hub of the airlines (United has a hub in Houston by the way--keep that in mind), but because your blob's DHS mandated it.

An employee's daughter who works at the local ABC Affiliate in Houston KTRK TV recited her convoluted travel journey. I know you won't click on anything that threatens your weak argument--so here is the picture of the test followed by the link of others who are brave enough to have their pre-conceived worship of the blob challenged.

View attachment 342753

United, again, has a hub in Houston. United, again, didn't operate the flight from Europe to Houston on that day. United, again, was told that IAH in Houston was not able to handle international screening.

Can you bring yourself to understand this you idiot? Flights were cancelled and funneled through 13 airports. Your Blob's DHS will tell you the same thing!!!!

Your post:
"These were American citizens returning via a port of entry. That’s how our system is set up. You have these ports of entry, airports are the main ones. They que people up as a border control. That’s how it’s done & been the case for decades." is correct. The blob's DHS changed it for the pandemic.

View attachment 342756
Snippet:

"In a tweet, Chad Wolf, the acting homeland security secretary, acknowledged the long lines and the stress the passengers were feeling saying, “DHS is aware of the long lines for passengers who are undergoing increased medical screening requirements. Right now we are working to add additional screening capacity and working with the airlines to expedite the process.”
“I understand this is very stressful. In these unprecedented times, we ask for your patience. It currently takes ~60 seconds for medical professionals to screen each passenger. We will be increasing capacity but the health and safety of the American public is first & foremost.”

Stressful? Try deadly. Had the blob's DHS opened more airports, there would be, of course, fewer passengers per airport--thus quicker screening times if nothing else.

Again, your resistance to understanding the topic you're discussing is hilarious. Please provide more comedy.

And again, you lack of understanding on how the airlines operate is astounding. You keep thinking that waving a magic wand makes things happen. It doesn't. So let me spell it out carefully & slowly.

1) Not every airport has the capacity nor the ability to handle an international flight. It doesn't have the infrastructure, runway tolerances or US Customs to be able to do it, and in this case the ability to handle the screening necessary for arrivals. From your own article: "United, again, was told that IAH in Houston was not able to handle international screening." And yet, you just want to throw these flights to anywhere even though the resources to accomplish the task do not exist. Brilliant logic from you as usual.

2) I know this point will go right by you since you libs don't understand supply/demand either, but traffic for getting back into the country increased. People were trying to go to a specific amount of time in a short window. That's because the countries they were leaving were closing their borders & we were closing ours. This isn't hyperbole, this is fact. Look around the world. You continue to defy reality in saying the point the world didn't shut down. It most certainly did.

Time has passed. The results of Sweden's experiment in herd immunity is a total failure.

Their death rate per capita is twice that of the United States and most nations in Europe. Yet they have only achieved herd immunity at the same rate as those nations that did shutdown. In fact, some have a higher herd immunity rate.

Sweden's experiment in herd immunity is a total failure. All those innocent people died for needlessly.

Fail or not, they are a sovereign nation that charted their own destiny. Far too early to know the end result. This is an ongoing issue for all nations of the world.

Furthermore, we must also calculate other losses of life from suicide, depression, not getting healthcare when they might have otherwise, economic destruction/lives ruined.

It's a very complex and non-linear issue in my estimation. There will be plenty of exchanges of information and data, along with experiences that are qualitative, not just quantitative.
Yep. And in the USA, 150,000 cases of cancer are caught from routine office visits EVERY MONTH, but people arent getting these visits. How many will be diagnosed too late because of coronavirus

Where else?

just to name a few...

View attachment 342450

View attachment 342753

Your post:

View attachment 342756
Snippet:

And again, you lack of understanding on how the airlines operate is astounding. You keep thinking that waving a magic wand makes things happen. It doesn't. So let me spell it out carefully & slowly.

1) Not every airport has the capacity nor the ability to handle an international flight. It doesn't have the infrastructure, runway tolerances or US Customs to be able to do it, and in this case the ability to handle the screening necessary for arrivals. From your own article: "United, again, was told that IAH in Houston was not able to handle international screening." And yet, you just want to throw these flights to anywhere even though the resources to accomplish the task do not exist. Brilliant logic from you as usual.
Wow...do you really think that Bush Airport in Houston--IAH doesn't have the infrastructure, runway tolerances and the customs offices? Really?

Terminal D handled more international flights than most other airports did domestic flights when I worked in Houston.

Here is a screen cap (there are more pages) of some of the airlines that fly in and out of IAH:
1590891633289.png

Air France, Emirates, BA, KLM....Lufthansa. Do you really think they are running US Domestic flights shit brains?

Bush IAH isn't alone. The blob could have used the international airports at MSP, MCO, PHL...these are airport codes. You don't seem to know much about air travel.

Anyway. What your blob did was force everyone returning through 13 airports where he had very few screeners on the ground and the result was that he forced thousands of travelers to stand shoulder-to-shoulder for hours on end. You, for some reason, don't believe this. I'm not sure why.

I'll try to explain the math to you:

10,000 passengers coming through one airport with 5 screeners means that each screener will have to screen 2,000 people. If they screen 500 people an hour, that means it would take 4 hours for the one screener to screen 2,000 people.

Now, if you send 5,000 of those passengers to another city, the math becomes less deadly:

5,000 passengers coming through one airport with 5 screeners means that each screener will have to screen 1,000 people. If they screen 500 people an hour, that means it would take 2 hours for the one screener to screen 1,000 people.

Would it mean connecting flights would have to be taken? Yes. That is what the disastrous and stupid 13 airport plan did...unless you think that all passengers lived in those 13 cities. I imagine you're that idiotic to believe that.

2) I know this point will go right by you since you libs don't understand supply/demand either, but traffic for getting back into the country increased. People were trying to go to a specific amount of time in a short window. That's because the countries they were leaving were closing their borders & we were closing ours. This isn't hyperbole, this is fact. Look around the world. You continue to defy reality in saying the point the world didn't shut down. It most certainly did.

The link you provided did show countries were closing borders. What it also showed was that we had time to stagger flights from them to the US. The blob chose not to do that and the Trump death march ensued.

Again, your link provided earlier confirms it. I'm not sure why you don't believe your own link...but alas you don't.

All good points.

Norway is doing FAR better. Only 250 dead
Norway has a population of 5 million.
Not the issue. Norway has half the population of Sweden...and 250 deaths...compared to over four thousand in Sweden

Do the math

Oh and Sweden's hasn't saved their economy any better than anyone else despite sacrificing all those lives

Show me the data at the end of the War with the virus..........

We have only delayed the virus............it will come back...........not so much in Sweden.

Where else?

just to name a few...

View attachment 342450

View attachment 342753

Your post:

View attachment 342756
Snippet:

Wow...do you really think that Bush Airport in Houston--IAH doesn't have the infrastructure, runway tolerances and the customs offices? Really?

Terminal D handled more international flights than most other airports did domestic flights when I worked in Houston.

Here is a screen cap (there are more pages) of some of the airlines that fly in and out of IAH:
View attachment 343199

Air France, Emirates, BA, KLM....Lufthansa. Do you really think they are running US Domestic flights shit brains?

Bush IAH isn't alone. The blob could have used the international airports at MSP, MCO, PHL...these are airport codes. You don't seem to know much about air travel.

Anyway. What your blob did was force everyone returning through 13 airports where he had very few screeners on the ground and the result was that he forced thousands of travelers to stand shoulder-to-shoulder for hours on end. You, for some reason, don't believe this. I'm not sure why.

I'll try to explain the math to you:

10,000 passengers coming through one airport with 5 screeners means that each screener will have to screen 2,000 people. If they screen 500 people an hour, that means it would take 4 hours for the one screener to screen 2,000 people.

Now, if you send 5,000 of those passengers to another city, the math becomes less deadly:

5,000 passengers coming through one airport with 5 screeners means that each screener will have to screen 1,000 people. If they screen 500 people an hour, that means it would take 2 hours for the one screener to screen 1,000 people.

Would it mean connecting flights would have to be taken? Yes. That is what the disastrous and stupid 13 airport plan did...unless you think that all passengers lived in those 13 cities. I imagine you're that idiotic to believe that.

The link you provided did show countries were closing borders. What it also showed was that we had time to stagger flights from them to the US. The blob chose not to do that and the Trump death march ensued.

Again, your link provided earlier confirms it. I'm not sure why you don't believe your own link...but alas you don't.

I guess he did the honorable thing.... ITS A MIRACLE.

All good points.

Not the issue. Norway has half the population of Sweden...and 250 deaths...compared to over four thousand in Sweden

Do the math

Oh and Sweden's hasn't saved their economy any better than anyone else despite sacrificing all those lives

Bullshit.

Post a link.

All good points.

Do the math

Bullshit.

Post a link.
Sure

All good points.

Do the math

Bullshit.

Post a link.
Sure

Yeah....someone said it so it must be true.

Did you read your link. It is beyond WEAK.

All good points.

Do the math

Bullshit.

Post a link.
Sure

Yeah....someone said it so it must be true.

Did you read your link. It is beyond WEAK.
I read it. Apparently you didn't...or you're just "saying shit" as ususal

Why should we take Sweden’s approach to COVID?
Their case mortality rate is double ours
That may in fact be the desired end on the part of the firm. There's a Swedish Hospital downtown Seattle, Washington. The firm has you committed, revokes your gun rights in court, and dismisses your criminal complaints as the delusional ramblings of a paranoid schizophrenic. You are assigned a mental health case worker, generally a young pretty Swedish woman, and they practice vice, play games and always try to set you up with a "mental health crisis" to justify the offer of their services on an involuntary basis pursuant to a court order.

Their case mortality rate is double ours, only 7% of their population has antibodies (they’ll need 70% to achieve herd immunity, at this rate a vaccine will be developed before then), and their economy is in the dumps. So what’s a good reason why their model should be something we should incorporate here?

We should follow Sweden's model because Fox News says so!

Their case mortality rate is double ours, only 7% of their population has antibodies (they’ll need 70% to achieve herd immunity, at this rate a vaccine will be developed before then), and their economy is in the dumps. So what’s a good reason why their model should be something we should incorporate here?

The thing is, if masks and social distancing works, why has America and the UK locked down?

Well is everyone in Sweden dead now.................don't see it.

They may not have round 2 and 3 ...........we get those rounds in the fall as will a lot of Europe........

Sweden did the right thing.

We have only delayed the virus............it will come back...........not so much in Sweden.
Uh...it cant "come back", because it hasn't stopped raging.

Forum List

Back