Why Should I Root for YOUR Team in the Super Bowl....

Anathema

Crotchety Olde Man
Apr 30, 2014
The Olden Days
I have a challenge for the Seahawks and Patriots fans around here.....

I'm a Washington Redskins fan. I can't stand either one of your teams (for reasons to be listed below). I have no love for either franchise. I'll list why below. So, while I am likely still stuck here on Storm Duty on Sunday Night, why should I root for YOUR team in the Super Bowl?

New England Patriots:

Reasons to root AGAINST them:
They were horrible while I was growing up, and I was still forced to watch their games in the vain hope of getting highlights of my Redskins games.; which is why I still hate them to this day.
I believe they're the poster-children for everything wrong in the NFL today (not -gate related)
The Spy-Gate and Deflate-Gate situations along with a half dozen other lesser questions about their conduct on the field

Seattle Seahawks:

They used to be an AFC team
2 of their players have made commercials in support of ObamaCare/ACA
They're way too cocky and shoot their mouths off way too much.

So, Patriots and Seahawks fans, let's see if you can come up with a reasonable arguement as to why I should root FOR YOUR TEAM (not against the other team). The most/best responses will earn my rooting interest for Sunday night's game.

P.S. Let's please try to keep this civilized.

Last edited:

I'm a Washington Redskins fan. I can't stand either one of your teams (for reasons to be listed below). I have no love for either franchise. I'll list why below. So, while I am likely still stuck here on Storm Duty on Sunday Night, why should I root for YOUR team in the Super Bowl?

New England Patriots:

They were horrible while I was growing up, and I was still forced to watch their games in the vain hope of getting highlights of my Redskins games.; which is why I still hate them to this day.
I believe they're the poster-children for everything wrong in the NFL today (not -gate related)
The Spy-Gate and Deflate-Gate situations along with a half dozen other lesser questions about their conduct on the field

Seattle Seahawks:

So, Patriots and Seahawks fans, let's see if you can come up with a reasonable arguement as to why I should root FOR YOUR TEAM (not against the other team). The most/best responses will earn my rooting interest for Sunday night's game.

well I would say the reason you should root for the seahawks is unlike the cheatriots,they are a first class organization from top to bottom.They dont put up with bullshit like the cheatriots do.

when Browner got caught smoking weed,they got rid of him and the classless cheatriots picked him up no less.oh and dont forget,this jerk brower recently told the media that he told patriot players they should try to hurt a couple seahawks players who got hurt in last weeks game against the packers.

This isnt the first time either that the cheatriots picked up a classless guy doing so with randy moss who took plays off and was a druggie as well at one time.Moss has nothing on Browner though.

Plus they took a chance and got rid of percy harvin who was getting in fights with fellow teammates of his.He was like moss,would take plays off.

the only one I find thats cocky and shoots his mouth off is sherman.Carrol made it clear to him he did not like it when he mouthed off about crabtree after last years win against the niners in the NFC title game.

as far as the two players being stupid enough to like obamacare? well ALL pro athletes are stupid shits to go to the white house when they win the big game.they seem so dense that they have been brainwashed into thinking the president is here to serve the people when he in fact serves the bankers yet they blindly go there like idiots every year and have their picture taken with these mass murderers. thats beeen going on for decades now so thats nothing new for NFL players to be stupid.lol

New England Patriots:

Seattle Seahawks:

..."come up with a reasonable arguement as to why I should root FOR YOUR TEAM "

A Patriot has larger balls than a sea bird? Just kidding.

The Seahawks were sloppy in the playoffs. They stumbled, tripped, and fell into the Super Bowl. They didn't earn the spot.

New England Patriots:

Seattle Seahawks:

The Seahawks were sloppy in the playoffs. They stumbled, tripped, and fell into the Super Bowl. They didn't earn the spot.

and cheating earns you a spot? lol oh and before you mention that it had no impact on the game,it wasn't the first time it happened.the colts said they noticed it earlier in the season as well for a home game played in the dome which pretty much cancels out the argument the beli-cheat apologists have used that the cold air caused it.lol

plus the ravens informed the colts as well they noticed it.while it was not a factor in the colts game,it had to have been a factor in the ravens game.

New England Patriots:

Seattle Seahawks:

and cheating earns you a spot? lol oh and before you mention that it had no impact on the game,it wasn't the first time it happened.the colts said they noticed it earlier in the season as well for a home game played in the dome which pretty much cancels out the argument the beli-cheat apologists have used that the cold air caused it.lol

plus the ravens informed the colts as well they noticed it.while it was not a factor in the colts game,it had to have been a factor in the ravens game.

Stop being such an idiot. It's so boring.

New England Patriots:

Seattle Seahawks:

As a Patriots fan my answer is: don't root for them. They don't need support from people who hate them.

New England Patriots:

Seattle Seahawks:

A sober conspiracy theorist would be even more boring. Let 9/11 run for a while.

The Seahawks have an unparalleled will to win which makes the fourth quarters very exciting. Russell Wilson offers some very entertaining plays where he looks like he will get sacked for minus twenty yards and spins and dodges and even stiff arms linebackers and ends up running for 20 yard gains. He ran for nearly 900 yards this season which placed him around 15th in running backs for the NFL.

Then there is Marshawn Lynch. What can I say? EVERY time he gets the ball on a running play or catches a pass it takes half of the other team to bring him down. His running is VERY entertaining and if you watch him long enough he will reward you with a spectacular example of physical domination.

Those are just two examples. There are many more players worth keeping an eye on especially on the Defensive side of the ball. Richard Sherman is considered one of if not the best corner backs in the NFL. His ability to rise to the ball at the perfect time allows him opportunity to swat it away or take it for a Seahawk possession. He is brash at times but he backs it up with extra ordinary performance.

You should be a fan. The team will reward you..not be a disappointment...like 31 other teams.

Here are some some silly but true reasons ...

Watching the Seahawks play is never boring.

RIchard Sherman can be crass but hes intelligent. He always acknowledges and explains why he reacted a certain way.

Lynch is a bad ass athlete...yet humble.

Russell Wilson ( seeing rallying his team at the end of the last game) was awesome. He has a work hard, never give up, work together, win fairly spirit.

Blue and Green are the colors of nature:mm:

New England Patriots:

Seattle Seahawks:

A sober conspiracy theorist would be even more boring. Let 9/11 run for a while.
as always,change the subject and evade the facts when your cornered.nice.:asshole::thup::rolleyes-41::clap:

Here are some some silly but true reasons ...

Watching the Seahawks play is never boring.

RIchard Sherman can be crass but hes intelligent. He always acknowledges and explains why he reacted a certain way.

Lynch is a bad ass athlete...yet humble.

Russell Wilson ( seeing rallying his team at the end of the last game) was awesome. He has a work hard, never give up, work together, win fairly spirit.

Blue and Green are the colors of nature:mm:

The color of nature is mostly brown. Everything gotta poo! :lol:

New England Patriots:

Seattle Seahawks:

Honestly, I could not care less who you route for, as it is completely irrelevant to the outcome of the game.

Go Pats! :D

Forum List

Back