Why schools in the United States should not re-open this fall.

U2Edge

Gold Member
Sep 15, 2012
Three Arizona teachers who shared a classroom got coronavirus. One of them died
By Jennifer Henderson, CNN 1 hr ago

Three teachers who shared a summer classroom at a school in Arizona all contracted coronavirus last month, leaving one of them dead.

Kimberley Chavez Lopez Byrd, 61, died June 26, less than two weeks after she was hospitalized. The other two teachers -- Jena Martinez and Angela Skillings -- said they're still struggling with the effects of the virus that has killed nearly 135,000 people nationwide.

All three teachers wore masks and gloves, used hand sanitizer and socially distanced, but still got sick, according to school officials at the small community in the eastern part of the state.

Gregorich reiterated the three teachers were careful and still got Covid-19.

I think that's really the message or the concern that our staff has is we can't even keep our staff safe by themselves ... how are we going to keep 20 kids in a classroom safe? I just don't see how that's possible to do that," he said.

Byrd said reopening schools will put people in their small community at risk and he does not want to see other families go through a similar experience.

"Many grandparents, wind up being caretakers to kids when they get off school- mom and dad are working and a lot of grandparents are even raising their grandchildren. So, many of these grandparents fall into this high risk category of being older with more health issues," he said.

"They have no business opening the schools to try and get back to a traditional classroom ... let's get through this pandemic first before we try to get back to normal."

IMHO there need to be an "infrastructure" funding initiative to improve HVAC systems in schools.
Apparently the virus thrives indoors.
So whatever they can do to reduce the viral loads in HVAC systems would be well worth it.
Schools need to open, but safely.

I do a lot of photography at colleges and universities, and I haven't stepped foot on a campus since March 12. I've got shoots on my calendar beginning on August 22, but there's no guarantee that those will actually happen, as many of these events can't exist with "social distancing"...

Last edited:

Three teachers who shared a summer classroom at a school in Arizona all contracted coronavirus last month, leaving one of them dead.

Kimberley Chavez Lopez Byrd, 61, died June 26, less than two weeks after she was hospitalized. The other two teachers -- Jena Martinez and Angela Skillings -- said they're still struggling with the effects of the virus that has killed nearly 135,000 people nationwide.

All three teachers wore masks and gloves, used hand sanitizer and socially distanced, but still got sick, according to school officials at the small community in the eastern part of the state.

I think that's really the message or the concern that our staff has is we can't even keep our staff safe by themselves ... how are we going to keep 20 kids in a classroom safe? I just don't see how that's possible to do that," he said.

Byrd said reopening schools will put people in their small community at risk and he does not want to see other families go through a similar experience.

"Many grandparents, wind up being caretakers to kids when they get off school- mom and dad are working and a lot of grandparents are even raising their grandchildren. So, many of these grandparents fall into this high risk category of being older with more health issues," he said.

"They have no business opening the schools to try and get back to a traditional classroom ... let's get through this pandemic first before we try to get back to normal."

Should all grocery stores be closed because store workers got corona and died.

Police officers died of Corona so abolish all cops

People in the military died of corona so give away all the weapons.

Keep snorting that heroin doofy

Re-opening schools in the United States this fall, could double the infection and death rate in the country.
Sorry bonebrain, it has already been shown that kids are at minimal risk. We're not holding an entire nation hostage to a situation that doesn't even exist because one person died to assuage your pathetic fears of working. You're probably a teacher who just doesn't want to leave the cushy situation of "teaching by computer" to a real live classroom again.

We need cops and we need food so those are really stupid ideas. What harm would it do if kids graduated one year later than they had planned?

Byrd was team-teaching an online summer school course in the same room with two other teachers. How many foreign countries did, at least one of these teachers travel to when schools were shut down?

Don't forget all the tourists who died on that cruise line. We need to ban all tourism, boating, ships, sailing, sea transport and vacations.

So you're okay with spreading the pandemic without consideration of children, teachers, parents and the wider community? Students spend 6 hours inside. That's long enough to contact the virus. Grocers wear masks, but not enough customers do. Do you?

You remember that the far-right loons who are in favor of re-opening are the same ones who hate teachers, right?

Don't forget all the tourists who died on that cruise line. We need to ban all tourism, boating, ships, sailing, sea transport and vacations.
Better yet drain the oceans then the problem ends

You remember that the far-right loons who are in favor of re-opening are the same ones who hate teachers, right?
What teachers? once the online curriculum is set there will be one teacher per grade in the USA so they will all be unemployed

Fine. Close the schools. But I’m not paying property taxes so these assholes can sit at home. All federal funding also goes away. The Feds can provide funds directly to families so they can use them on private schools and charter schools. I’m not paying that union or it’s members a dime.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I remember the ones in favor of shut downs being the same ones who hate Trump.

If you're nervous about contracting the virus, stay home... Problem solved.

Forum List

Back