Why Romney Thinks Trump Will Win Reelection

I have faith that the court of public opinion will drive the Trump mafia from power. We'll know in about 100 days.
Trump became president the consequence of a bizarre EC fluke.

The conditions no longer exist that allowed for that bizarre fluke.

Biden isn’t Clinton.

Trump must run on his record of failure and incompetence.

And the tiny minority in a few swing states who voted for Trump in 2016 thinking “how bad can Trump be” now know how bad Trump truly is.

Biden definitely isn't Clinton. HRC would have knocked Biden out of the race within a week if she had chose to run. It was clear the Dems were punting until 2024 the minute they went with Biden.

View attachment 366903
I have faith that the court of public opinion will drive the Trump mafia from power. We'll know in about 100 days.

Biden isn’t Clinton.

And the tiny minority in a few swing states who voted for Trump in 2016 thinking “how bad can Trump be” now know how bad Trump truly is.

Biden definitely isn't Clinton. HRC would have knocked Biden out of the race within a week if she had chose to run. It was clear the Dems were punting until 2024 the minute they went with Biden.

You obviously underestimate the hatred for Trump.

From the OP:

In other words, don’t count out all those young and minority Americans fed up with Trump. But Biden has also shown an unusual strength among older voters

Who are you trying to kid? Us "old voters" think he's an asshole.

If it's a choice between assholes, smart older people prefer the asshole who hasn't killed 150,000 Americans and isn't suggesting that older Americans are disposable.

Cuomo isn't running after all.

Haven't you heard.

Let’s hope Romney is wrong.

Or…

Romney wants Trump gone like many other Republicans – this is a scare tactic to keep Trump’s opponents from becoming complacent.

Let's hope they keep at it....burning down Portland that is.

Maybe the distraction will keep them from voting.....

Oh wait......

smart older people prefer the asshole who hasn't killed 150,000 Americans

Biden said it was 120 million.

Trump said the virus would disappear when it got warmer. Like magic.

Biden's misstatement Didn’t kill anyone.

I'm amazed there were 120 million killed by the virus, after 150 million were killed by gun violence.

We must be down to 60 million Americans left.

Is that why Biden wants to open the borders?

“And number three, I think the voters that are most animated in opposition to the president tend not to come out to vote ― and that’s young people and the minorities. They’re active in polls, but not necessarily active at actually getting out to the polls,” the senator said.

========================================================

I disagree with this one.

Democrats saw a huge increase in their 2018 House vote total compared to the previous midterm. They had a whopping 70% increase. I looked back several elections and never saw anything come even close to that. The closest, I believe, was by the Republicans also in 2018. They had a 27% increase from the previous midterm. Both sides didn't just have record-breaking numbers, but record-breaking percentage increases from the previous midterm election.

Why was there such a big percentage increase in this last midterm election? I believe it's because Trump. Trump energized both sides to come to the polls. Unfortunately for him, there are a lot more people who hate him than support him.

If this were any other election, I might agree that people won't come out and vote. But as we saw in 2018, I believe this election is very different.

Politics used to be boring for a lot of people. That's not the case this time around. Everyone is aware of what's happening in the country and everyone has an opinion on it, whether for Trump or against him. Trump really got a lot of people very interested in politics and he may have woken up a sleeping bear for elections to come. However, that remains to be seen.

Last edited:
View attachment 366903

Biden isn’t Clinton.

I am still having a hard time believing Biden will be the candidate. I won't feel completely comfortable until we get a little closer to the election and a switch becomes more unlikely. If it is Biden, it will be a strange election year. Usually I am nervous, but Biden is such a pushover, it will be great to have an easy win for Trump.

View attachment 366903

Biden isn’t Clinton.

I am still having a hard time believing Biden will be the candidate. I won't feel completely comfortable until we get a little closer to the election and a switch becomes more unlikely. If it is Biden, it will be a strange election year. Usually I am nervous, but Biden is such a pushover, it will be great to have an easy win for Trump.

All we care about is that Biden has a pulse when he is sworn in - and Trump will be gone.

View attachment 366903

Biden isn’t Clinton.

All we care about is that Biden has a pulse when he is sworn in - and Trump will be gone.

It is gonna be tough night for you. No question about it. But, win some, lose some.

View attachment 366903

Biden isn’t Clinton.

It is gonna be tough night for you. No question about it. But, win some, lose some.

Go to 3:30

1595660762284.png

View attachment 366903

Biden isn’t Clinton.

See you in November, asswipe.

View attachment 366903

Biden isn’t Clinton.

I'll take Biden propped up at his desk "lifeless" in the OVAL Office before having Trump alive and kicking in 2021! :p

View attachment 366903

Biden isn’t Clinton.

I'll take Biden propped up at his desk "lifeless" in the OVAL Office before having Trump alive and kicking in 2021! :p

Amen!

Mitt Romney is one of Donald Trump’s biggest Republican critics on Capitol Hill. He’s the only GOP senator who voted to convict the president for abuse of power earlier this year, and he regularly calls Trump out on policy and personal conduct.

Yet the Utah lawmaker, who was his party’s presidential standard-bearer in 2012, believes Trump is likely to win reelection this November.

Asked why he foresees that outcome, especially with most public polls showing Trump trailing badly behind presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden, Romney offered three reasons.

“There are enormous advantages to being the incumbent, number one,” Romney told HuffPost on Thursday. “Number two, I think [Trump] will tack more towards the middle in his communication than he has so far.”

“And number three, I think the voters that are most animated in opposition to the president tend not to come out to vote ― and that’s young people and the minorities. They’re active in polls, but not necessarily active at actually getting out to the polls,” the senator said.

The futility of expecting Trump to somehow moderate his tone aside, Romney’s theory about the nature of the electorate and polling is an interesting one.

OMG, I hope he's wrong. What do you think? I look forward to some intelligent responses.
Romney is a republican in name only. He's actually a closet Democrat.

No he's not, but nice try. Romney is a vulture capitalist. He got richer by buying up troubled companies, and breaking them up and selling off the equipment, the land, the contracts, and behind towns with no industry, no jobs, and no future. The perfect Republican attitude towards working people.

Or…

Romney wants Trump gone like many other Republicans – this is a scare tactic to keep Trump’s opponents from becoming complacent.

Oh wait......

Portland wasn't "burning down" before Trump sent in his storm trooper to "dominate" the peaceful protestors and to violate their First Amendment Rights. Last night the secret police gassed and beat the Wall of Moms, and the Wall of Veterans standing silently holding signs.

This is authoritarianism and straight out of Putin's playbook. This is how Putin took control of Russia. Creating chaos and unrest, using "unmarked" troops.

The IG for the Justice Department is now investigating Bill Barr for his use of Federal Troops in Portland to violate the First Amendment right of peaceful protestors. Not only is this backfiring on Trump and his minions, it is backfiring BIGLY. Americans are disgusted and appalled by this President.

Or…

Oh wait......

Portland wasn't "burning down" before Trump sent in his storm trooper to "dominate" the peaceful protestors and to violate their First Amendment Rights. Last night the secret police gassed and beat the Wall of Moms, and the Wall of Veterans standing silently holding signs.

This is authoritarianism and straight out of Putin's playbook. This is how Putin took control of Russia. Creating chaos and unrest, using "unmarked" troops.

The IG for the Justice Department is now investigating Bill Barr for his use of Federal Troops in Portland to violate the First Amendment right of peaceful protestors. Not only is this backfiring on Trump and his minions, it is backfiring BIGLY. Americans are disgusted and appalled by this President.
You truly are a lunatic. There’s nothing peaceful about those Portland retards.

Forum List

Back