Why Romney is now pro life

I would guess that it was his experiences in dealing with all those social problems while he was governor of Massachusetts that really brought his core beliefs to the forefront.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/02/07/romney.abortion.ap/index.html?eref=rss_politics

I see some very compelling reasons here which explain why Mitt Romney was at one time pro choice and has since become pro life. If someone has a compelling reason not to believe him, I would love to see what it is.

He is pro-life because it appeals to the religious right wing-nut base of the GOP. Political expediency, not moral conviction drives these "pro-life" conversions.

He is pro-life because it appeals to the religious right wing-nut base of the GOP. Political expediency, not moral conviction drives these "pro-life" conversions.

So you've never had a change in opinion on some core belief because of moral reasons?

The reason Mitt Romney was pro-choice and is now pro-life is simple. He used to be running for the office of governor in Massachusetts. Now he's running for the Presidency on a Republican ticket. He had to change his position.

So you've never had a change in opinion on some core belief because of moral reasons?

Indeed, I have, but that is not the case with Romney, Giuliani, McCain, or any other GOP candidate. They flipped on those issues which are raw-meat to religious right wing-nuts that make up the base of the GOP. They flipped out of political expediency...Nothing more.

bully and conley are on the mark....Mitt realized he'd better get more "moral" if he wanted to talk the religious right into ignoring the fact that he's a mormon.

My wife has a well developed ability to see people for who they really are. As we were watching replays of Romney's announcement of his presidential bid, she watched carefully and then said, "That man would f**k the baby-sitter. "

My wife has a well developed ability to see people for who they really are. As we were watching replays of Romney's announcement of his presidential bid, she watched carefully and then said, "That man would f**k the baby-sitter. "

Right...

New Topics

Forum List

Back