Why Romney cannot beat Obama? [Romney supporter]

kelvingts

Rookie
Oct 17, 2012
Romney is losing, but for a few reasons in which i find unfortunate for himself and the republican party.
I am a Romney supporter but I consider myself center, maybe a little right.

1. Obama's administration has a creative bunch of people and supporters, and with the recent economic issues these supporters can easily take advantage of the people's attention to the government and economic ideas.
2. Romney himself is not such a great presidential candidate, I personally cannot find a better choice but he is simply a right wing version of Obama, and with the current economy, that is just not going to cut it. Romney hopes to be able to be more center to gain support to win the election, but that position is already taken by Obama. The Republican party has been weak for a long long time, they have failed to present a strong and prepare candidate in the recent years. I find this as such a disappointment since its obvious, republicans are more traditional while democrats are in my view more "hip and new". The right isn't really doing much to fit in with the current times. come on guys McCain was a JOKE.
3. Romney does dish out different points of views for many issues, from my point of view that's a very simply mistake...waking up with a fresh mind means new ideas and i can easily understand why he would flip-flop. But the problem here is he is running to become the president these mistakes will cost him his election.
4. Obama advertisements and supporters that take advantage of mistakes that Romney make. Again a very smart group of people is able to exploit these mistakes and limit Romney supporters to defend him.
5. Obama's ideas even though some are very similar with Romney's, his ideas lean towards to popular majority which is the lower class. His idea idea of middle class consist of lower class and lower middle class while Romney's idea consist of middle class and upper middle class. It's obvious that Obama sees where the majority of his votes are. Obama takes advantage of that, actually democrats in general takes advantage of that.

Why i am a Romney supporter.
I will not be able to say I am well studied for this as this is a forum and I simply want to voice a opinion. I am only 22 a college student still and have recently felt interested in politics. Anyways In my point of view Romney represents "tough love" while Obama represents a more "spoon-feed" reform. I believe that we need to work hard to an extend to receive some of the benefits that this country wish to provide us. I don't mean to say Obama doesn't support hard workers, but his reform also gives advantages and exploits for SOME lower income families that "chose" to be a little more lazy, "chose" to give a little less to america. The worst part about this is while doing so Obama removes the benefits from the upper lower class and middle class. Equality is important but I believe that equality should be distribute to those who actually worked hard for it.

Romney is a business man, yes that gives the stero-type of the selfish upper-class, but at least in terms of numbers and digits Romney holds a stronger case. I simply want to believe that with Romney as president yes will we have reduce funding to certain programs for lower class, students, etc. But I believe that these funding can be replace with the dedication and hard-work of the lower class, students, etc (the group in general).
I mean look at the recent crisis, many Americans may be out of jobs but we don't really consider the percentage that actually enjoy the moment without jobs, staying home in front of their Tvs and computers while receiving well-fare and such.
Of course I do not wish to rule out any Americans who are in need but i am speaking of those who actually are in the terms "lazy Americans". If Romney did win, i am prepared for a tough love situation as i know if I worked hard enough my future and my children's future will have lower tax rates and possibly more jobs. Instead with Obama as a winner means that working hard has little motivation as if I saw fit and a exploit is possible i can be on well-fare.

I am open to open-minded comments, I believe my views are of an amateur
I apologize for any grammar mistakes and am willing to clear any point with a better explanation if needed.

Thank you

Last edited:
Romney is losing, but for a few reasons in which i find unfortunate for himself and the republican party.

1. Obama's administration has a creative bunch of people and supporters, and with the recent economic issues these supporters can easily take advantage of the people's attention to the government and economic ideas.
2. Romney himself is not such a great presidential candidate, I personally cannot find a better choice but he is simply a right wing version of Obama, and with the current economy, that is just not going to cut it. Romney hopes to be able to be more center to gain support to win the election, but that position is already taken by Obama. The Republican party has been weak for a long long time, they have failed to present a strong and prepare candidate in the recent years. I find this as such a disappointment since its obvious, republicans are more traditional while democrats are in my view more "hip and new". The right isn't really doing much to fit in with the current times. come on guys McCain was a JOKE.
3. Romney does dish out different points of views for many issues, from my point of view that's a very simply mistake...waking up with a fresh mind means new ideas and i can easily understand why he would flip-flop. But the problem here is he is running to become the president these mistakes will cost him his election.
4. Obama advertisements and supporters that take advantage of mistakes that Romney make. Again a very smart group of people is able to exploit these mistakes and limit Romney supporters to defend him.
5. Obama's ideas even though some are very similar with Romney's, his ideas lean towards to popular majority which is the lower class. His idea idea of middle class consist of lower class and lower middle class while Romney's idea consist of middle class and upper middle class. It's obvious that Obama sees where the majority of his votes are. Obama takes advantage of that, actually democrats in general takes advantage of that.

I will not be able to say I am well studied for this as this is a forum and I simply want to voice a opinion. I am only 22 a college student still and have recently felt interested in politics. Anyways In my point of view Romney represents "tough love" while Obama represents a more "spoon-feed" reform. I believe that we need to work hard to an extend to receive some of the benefits that this country wish to provide us. I don't mean to say Obama doesn't support hard workers, but his reform also gives advantages and exploits for SOME lower income families that "chose" to be a little more lazy, "chose" to give a little less to america. The worst part about this is while doing so Obama removes the benefits from the upper lower class and middle class. Equality is important but I believe that equality should be distribute to those who actually worked hard for it.

Romney is a business man, yes that gives the stero-type of the selfish upper-class, but at least in terms of numbers and digits Romney holds a stronger case. I simply want to believe that with Romney as president yes will we have reduce funding to certain programs for lower class, students, etc. But I believe that these funding can be replace with the dedication and hard-work of the lower class, students, etc (the group in general).
I mean look at the recent crisis, many Americans may be out of jobs but we don't really consider the percentage that actually enjoy the moment without jobs, staying home in front of their Tvs and computers while receiving well-fare and such.
Of course I do not wish to rule out any Americans who are in need but i am speaking of those who actually are in the terms "lazy Americans". If Romney did win, i am prepared for a tough love situation as i know if I worked hard enough my future and my children's future will have lower tax rates and possibly more jobs. Instead with Obama as a winner means that working hard has little motivation as if I saw fit and a exploit is possible i can be on well-fare.

I apologize for any grammar mistakes and am willing to clear any point with a better explanation if needed.

Thank you

What you are reciting is the conservative moral worldview. It is as old as the scriptures and still as corrupt today as it was when Jesus Christ walked this earth. Back then conservatives were called the Pharisees.

The central issue in our political life is not being discussed. At stake is the moral basis of American democracy.

The individual issues are all too real: assaults on unions, public employees, women's rights, immigrants, the environment, health care, voting rights, food safety, pensions, prenatal care, science, public broadcasting, and on and on.

Budget deficits are a ruse, as we've seen in Wisconsin, where the governor turned a surplus into a deficit by providing corporate tax breaks, and then used the deficit as a ploy to break the unions, not just in Wisconsin, but seeking to be the first domino in a nationwide conservative movement.

Deficits can be addressed by raising revenue, plugging tax loopholes, putting people to work, and developing the economy long-term in all the ways the president has discussed. But deficits are not what really matters to conservatives.

Conservatives really want to change the basis of American life, to make America run according to the conservative moral worldview in all areas of life.

In the 2008 campaign, candidate Obama accurately described the basis of American democracy: Empathy -- citizens caring for each other, both social and personal responsibility -- acting on that care, and an ethic of excellence. From these, our freedoms and our way of life follow, as does the role of government: to protect and empower everyone equally. Protection includes safety, health, the environment, pensions and empowerment starts with education and infrastructure. No one can be free without these, and without a commitment to care and act on that care by one's fellow citizens.

The conservative worldview rejects all of that.

Conservatives believe in individual responsibility alone, not social responsibility. They don't think government should help its citizens. That is, they don't think citizens should help each other. The part of government they want to cut is not the military (we have 174 bases around the world), not government subsidies to corporations, not the aspect of government that fits their worldview. They want to cut the part that helps people. Why? Because that violates individual responsibility.

But where does that view of individual responsibility alone come from?

The way to understand the conservative moral system is to consider a strict father family. The father is The Decider, the ultimate moral authority in the family. His authority must not be challenged. His job is to protect the family, to support the family (by winning competitions in the marketplace), and to teach his kids right from wrong by disciplining them physically when they do wrong. The use of force is necessary and required. Only then will children develop the internal discipline to become moral beings. And only with such discipline will they be able to prosper. And what of people who are not prosperous? They don't have discipline, and without discipline they cannot be moral, so they deserve their poverty. The good people are hence the prosperous people. Helping others takes away their discipline, and hence makes them both unable to prosper on their own and function morally.

The market itself is seen in this way. The slogan, "Let the market decide" assumes the market itself is The Decider. The market is seen as both natural (since it is assumed that people naturally seek their self-interest) and moral (if everyone seeks their own profit, the profit of all will be maximized by the invisible hand). As the ultimate moral authority, there should be no power higher than the market that might go against market values. Thus the government can spend money to protect the market and promote market values, but should not rule over it either through (1) regulation, (2) taxation, (3) unions and worker rights, (4) environmental protection or food safety laws, and (5) tort cases. Moreover, government should not do public service. The market has service industries for that. Thus, it would be wrong for the government to provide health care, education, public broadcasting, public parks, and so on. The very idea of these things is at odds with the conservative moral system. No one should be paying for anyone else. It is individual responsibility in all arenas. Taxation is thus seen as taking money away from those who have earned it and giving it to people who don't deserve it. Taxation cannot be seen as providing the necessities of life, a civilized society, and as necessary for business to prosper.

In conservative family life, the strict father rules. Fathers and husbands should have control over reproduction; hence, parental and spousal notification laws and opposition to abortion. In conservative religion, God is seen as the strict father, the Lord, who rewards and punishes according to individual responsibility in following his Biblical word.

Above all, the authority of conservatism itself must be maintained. The country should be ruled by conservative values, and progressive values are seen as evil. Science should not have authority over the market, and so the science of global warming and evolution must be denied. Facts that are inconsistent with the authority of conservatism must be ignored or denied or explained away. To protect and extend conservative values themselves, the devil's own means can be used again conservatism's immoral enemies, whether lies, intimidation, torture, or even death, say, for women's doctors.

Freedom is defined as being your own strict father -- with individual not social responsibility, and without any government authority telling you what you can and cannot do. To defend that freedom as an individual, you will of course need a gun.

This is the America that conservatives really want. Budget deficits are convenient ruses for destroying American democracy and replacing it with conservative rule in all areas of life.

What is saddest of all is to see Democrats helping them.

Luke 16:13-15

13 “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and mammon (money).”

14 The Pharisees, who loved money, heard all this and were sneering at Jesus.

15 He said to them, “You are the ones who justify yourselves in the eyes of man, but God knows your hearts. What is highly valuable in the eyes of man is detestable in God’s sight.

Thank you

Romney certainly can beat Obama. Many people have figured out that voting for who they thought was "cool" has been a disaster. "Cool" doesn't do much good when voters are looking at gas prices around $4.00 per gallon.. rising food prices...sky-rocketing health insurance costs... as well as lowered housing values... high unemployment.. and useless college degrees. Even the media, though they've given it a valiant effort, haven't been able to hide the Obama failures.

Last edited:
Romney is losing?????? If you think Romney is losing, that's your problem right there.

well after watching the 2nd debate that's exactly whats been troubling me.

btw for those who keeps mentioning current crisis or issues where people need help.
(i live in california)
I have worked down at the soup kitchen for college credit, and i tell you that they have been needing more and more help every year. I highly doubt half the liberals who keeps mentioning helping the lower class or the majority of those in-need has ever even stepped into any like that.

Forum List

Back