Why Obama May Be Terrified by Trump Commuting Blagojevich's Sentence

Doc7505

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2016

Why Obama May Be Terrified by Trump Commuting Blagojevich’s Sentence
20 Feb 2020 ~~ By Matt Margolis
Ever since President Trump commuted the sentence of disgraced former governor of Illinois Rod Blagojevich, I've been asking myself why he would do such a thing. I have a theory about what might have contributed to the decision, and if I'm right, Barack Obama should be concerned. When Barack Obama won the presidency in 2008, it was then-Governor Blagojevich's responsibility to appoint someone to fill the seat. But, Blagojevich didn't just want to give it away, he wanted something for it. "A Senate seat is a f---ing valuable thing. You don't just give it away for nothing," Blagojevich said at the time.
In 2011, Blagojevich was sentenced to 11 years in prison on corruption charges. Of course, he wanted a pardon from Obama, but never got one. That had to be tough for the disgraced governor, considering Obama granted clemency to terrorists and traitors, but couldn't (or wouldn't) give one to a former political ally.This naturally should have people asking: Why? In my opinion, it all comes back to Blagojevich's attempt to sell Obama's former Senate seat. Soon after Obama's victory, negotiations began for Blagojevich to appoint an Obama-approved candidate to fill his seat. Obama even provided a list of suitable candidates. At the top of the list was Valerie Jarrett. But, as previously mentioned, Blagojevich didn't just want to give away the seat to someone.
He wanted something in return: a position in Obama's cabinet. Unfortunately for him, at the time, he was politically unpopular and the target of a federal corruption probe, and being wiretapped by the FBI. The chances of him getting picked for a cabinet position were slim. Jarrett also eventually decided to follow Obama to the White House as an advisor.
Now that Blagojevich is a free man, slighted by Obama but ingratiated by Trump, it could mean that he'll be willing to talk more freely about Obama's illegal actions in the Senate-seat-for-sale scandal. I'd love to see that happen. That scandal was one of many that Obama was never held accountable for.

Comment:
Seems obvious that the MSM has been hiding the real reasons. Will the walls start closing in on Obama and his nefarious illegal actions?
When I heard Trump pardoned him the first thing I thought was Trump opened the cage to let out one of Obama's problems.
Does anyone really believe that Blagojevich invented the idea that Illinois senate seats like that were for sale? It's always made me wonder why Blagojevich got burned for something other Chicago Democrats including Obama have gotten away with for decades. The framing of Blagojevich made it clear if you step on toes of the "Chicago Deep State Elitists they'll bury you.
You have give it to Blagojevich, if said anything prison, he would have been killed just like Epstein. He made a wise choice to keep silent in prison. Now that he is out he must watch his back if he is murdered or supposedly commits suicide it will be to keep him from telling the truth lets just she how this play out.

Last edited:
Blago is a very corrupt individual, yet trump seeks to curb corruption.

Weird, huh?

Why Obama May Be Terrified by Trump Commuting Blagojevich’s Sentence | News and Politics
Ever since President Trump commuted the sentence of disgraced former governor of Illinois Rod Blagojevich, I've been asking myself why he would do such a thing. I have a theory about what might have contributed to the decision, and if I'm right, Barack Obama should be concerned. When Barack Obama won the presidency in 2008, it was then-Governor Blagojevich's responsibility to appoint someone to fill the seat. But, Blagojevich didn't just want to give it away, he wanted something for it. "A Senate seat is a f---ing valuable thing. You don't just give it away for nothing," Blagojevich said at the time.
In 2011, Blagojevich was sentenced to 11 years in prison on corruption charges. Of course, he wanted a pardon from Obama, but never got one. That had to be tough for the disgraced governor, considering Obama granted clemency to terrorists and traitors, but couldn't (or wouldn't) give one to a former political ally.This naturally should have people asking: Why? In my opinion, it all comes back to Blagojevich's attempt to sell Obama's former Senate seat. Soon after Obama's victory, negotiations began for Blagojevich to appoint an Obama-approved candidate to fill his seat. Obama even provided a list of suitable candidates. At the top of the list was Valerie Jarrett. But, as previously mentioned, Blagojevich didn't just want to give away the seat to someone.
He wanted something in return: a position in Obama's cabinet. Unfortunately for him, at the time, he was politically unpopular and the target of a federal corruption probe, and being wiretapped by the FBI. The chances of him getting picked for a cabinet position were slim. Jarrett also eventually decided to follow Obama to the White House as an advisor.
Now that Blagojevich is a free man, slighted by Obama but ingratiated by Trump, it could mean that he'll be willing to talk more freely about Obama's illegal actions in the Senate-seat-for-sale scandal. I'd love to see that happen. That scandal was one of many that Obama was never held accountable for.

Comment:
Seems obvious that the MSM has been hiding the real reasons. Will the walls start closing in on Obama and his nefarious illegal actions?
When I heard Trump pardoned him the first thing I thought was Trump opened the cage to let out one of Obama's problems.
Does anyone really believe that Blagojevich invented the idea that Illinois senate seats like that were for sale? It's always made me wonder why Blagojevich got burned for something other Chicago Democrats including Obama have gotten away with for decades. The framing of Blagojevich made it clear if you step on toes of the "Chicago Deep State Elitists they'll bury you.
You have give it to Blagojevich, if said anything prison, he would have been killed just like Epstein. He made a wise choice to keep silent in prison. Now that he is out he must watch his back if he is murdered or supposedly commits suicide it will be to keep him from telling the truth lets just she how this play out.
Thanks for the post. Rod Blag stands a chance of being "suicided" in the near future. There is a detailed list of the Obama Body Count on Conservapedia.com. Not nearly as long and extensive as the Clinton Body Count List, it's still a frightening read.

Comment:
Conspiracy BS

Meanwhile, bluzman61 adds his usual loser drip.
You should get that DRIP checked dude.
The Body Count is a huge conspiracy theory, that is what you do.

So, in conclusion, bluzman61 , get that dick drip cured.

Counter this OP. Doc7505

You support this Pardon? Or Not?

Take a stance.

~~~~~~
It wasn't a pardon, Trump commuted his sentence....Blagojevich is still a felon. Indeed, I support the commutation of the sentence imposed upon him.

Trump commutes sentence of Rod Blagojevich, pardons Bernie ...
https://nypost.com/2020/02/18/trump-commutes...
2 days ago · President Trump on Tuesday said he pardoned former NYPD Commissioner Bernie Kerik and commuted the sentence of Rod Blagojevich, the former Illinois governor who was convicted of trying to sell Bara…

Weird, huh?

~~~~~~
Au Contraire..... Chicago is one of the most politically corrupt cities in the U.S.

SEE:
Machine Politics
www.encyclopedia.chicagohistory.org/pages/774.html
As the younger Daley readily acknowledged, radically different demographics and the attendant alterations in the political calculus clearly made the machine politics for which Chicago became famous an anachronism by the end of the twentieth century. Roger Biles

Cook County Democratic Party - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_Democratic_Machine
The Cook County Democratic Party is a political party which represents voters in 50 wards in the city of Chicago and 30 suburban townships of Cook County. The organization has dominated Chicago politics (and consequently, Illinois politics) since the 1930s.It relies on a tight organizational structure of ward and township committeemen to elect candidates. . At the height of its influence under ...

Weird, huh?

~~~~~~
Au Contraire..... Chicago is one of the most politically corrupt cities in the U.S.

SEE:
Machine Politics
www.encyclopedia.chicagohistory.org/pages/774.html
As the younger Daley readily acknowledged, radically different demographics and the attendant alterations in the political calculus clearly made the machine politics for which Chicago became famous an anachronism by the end of the twentieth century. Roger Biles
Yep, Chicago REEKS with corruption. The Dim Dems have ruled that city FAR too long.

The Senate seat was not for sale for cash. Blogovaniyovanocumguzzlervich was wanting to horse trade political positions/appointments. not cash.

SCOTUS has ruled such things are not illegal.

Comment:

We should believe a word that this guy says? He was a liar tears ago and he is still a liar. Apparently you believe that because it may have been done previously that he should have gotten away with it? The prosecutor was a Republican not a Democrat. Obama had nothing to do with it as the feds were already onto Blagojevich.

The Senate seat was not for sale for cash. Blogovaniyovanocumguzzlervich was wanting to horse trade political positions/appointments. not cash.

SCOTUS has ruled such things are not illegal.

A jury determined that was not true.

Comment:

We should believe a word that this guy says? He was a liar tears ago and he is still a liar. Apparently you believe that because it may have been done previously that he should have gotten away with it? The prosecutor was a Republican not a Democrat. Obama had nothing to do with it as the feds were already onto Blagojevich.
These nuts will never stop searching for an Obama scandal. When I see Deep State and MSM in the same post I know I`m reading words that were typed by a lunatic.

Comment:

I doubt it.

You mean that Obama gets to walk for turning the FBI into his Secret Police but you think Barr is going after him for corruption in Chicago?

Obama is terrified why again??

We are talking Obama here....

The same guy who was able to order lifelong republicans to investigate, indict and convict half of Trump's campaign and staff....

He is terrified why?

We are talking Obama here...

The same guy for who every time Trumpers promise us some explosive pending Deep State indictment coming soon and it does NOT happen -- they blame it on Obama....he is terrified why?

Obama is terrified why again??

We are talking Obama here....

The same guy who was able to order lifelong republicans to investigate, indict and convict half of Trump's campaign and staff....

He is terrified why?

We are talking Obama here...

The same guy for who every time Trumpers promise us some explosive pending Deep State indictment coming soon and it does NOT happen -- they blame it on Obama....he is terrified why?

OJ Simpson redux.

Obama is terrified why again?? We are talking Obama here....The same guy who was able to order lifelong republicans to investigate, indict and convict half of Trump's campaign and staff....He is terrified why? We are talking Obama here...The same guy for who every time Trumpers promise us some explosive pending Deep State indictment coming soon and it does NOT happen -- they blame it on Obama....he is terrified why?
OJ Simpson redux.
Is Alan Dershowitz on the case?

Forum List

Back