Why Obama does not deserve a 2nd term

Wiseacre

Retired USAF Chief
Apr 8, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Someone else wrote a thread about why Obama has earned another term in office, but I disagree. And this is why:

The primary reason why Obama should not be re-elected is his weak performance on the economy and jobs. The GDP number for the 3rd qtr of 2012 is 2%, a large chunk of which is gov't spending rather than growth in the private sector. That 2% number means GDP growth thus far for FY2012 is at 1.7%, which is less than the 1.8% we had in FY2011 and that was less than the 2.4% we had in 2010. IOW, we ain't getting better, we're getting worse. I know the president inherited an economic mess when he entered into office, but his policies and attitudes have not spurred the kind of growth we should expect to see.

Hand in hand with that is the lack of reasonable job creation. We've had some 3 and a half years where the UE rate has been over 8%, even though we've been spending (or wasting) over 3.5 trillion dollars each year. This past month (Sept) saw the rate drop to 7.8%, which is likely an anomaly that will be adjusted back to 8%. And it's much worse for minorities and young people, damned if I know why they're still supporting this guy. And there's no reason to think that Obama's policies will do much better in a 2nd term, with the rest of the world slowing down and a looming taxmageddon coming on Jan 1st. Many economists are forecasting another recession if taxes are raised in 2013.

There's a lot of other stuff we can discuss, debt/deficits, energy, foreign policy; but I'll close this post talking about leadership. We were promised a change in the way Washington does business when Obama was elected in 2008. Didn't happen, in fact manhy think it has gotten worse. Some blame for that can be laid at the feet of the republicans, fair enough. But a president is supposed to lead, he's supposed to be able to reach across the aisle to the other side. Every other president has been able to do that, but this one has not. Obama allowed Pelosi and Reid to run roughshod over the GOP in 2009 and 2010, engendering a lot of ill will that bore fruit after the 2010 midterms. There was no attempt at cooperation or compromise then, nor is there any now. Obama's lack of leadership then has come back to bite him and us all in the ass now. I don't understnad how anyone can possibly want 4 more years of what we've been through the last 4. Barack Obama has not earned another term in office; we need to try someone else.

He is the most corrupt and incompetent President we have ever had in all area's of the Job.....Only the simple minded would vote for him.

While I certainly disagree with pretty much everything he does and says... to say he is the most corrupt and incompetent is hyperbolic. There are a few contenders for both those titles.

He is the most corrupt and incompetent President we have ever had in all area's of the Job.....Only the simple minded would vote for him.

While I certainly disagree with pretty much everything he does and says... to say he is the most corrupt and incompetent is hyperbolic. There are a few contenders for both those titles.

No way. None have failed by the numbers as Obama Nor as blatantly corrupt. Wilson is close on the corrupt part but even he wouldn't have been as brazen as Obama is. Incompetent? It is not a contest.

Someone else wrote a thread about why Obama has earned another term in office, but I disagree. And this is why:

The primary reason why Obama should not be re-elected is his weak performance on the economy and jobs. The GDP number for the 3rd qtr of 2012 is 2%, a large chunk of which is gov't spending rather than growth in the private sector. That 2% number means GDP growth thus far for FY2012 is at 1.7%, which is less than the 1.8% we had in FY2011 and that was less than the 2.4% we had in 2010. IOW, we ain't getting better, we're getting worse. I know the president inherited an economic mess when he entered into office, but his policies and attitudes have not spurred the kind of growth we should expect to see.

Hand in hand with that is the lack of reasonable job creation. We've had some 3 and a half years where the UE rate has been over 8%, even though we've been spending (or wasting) over 3.5 trillion dollars each year. This past month (Sept) saw the rate drop to 7.8%, which is likely an anomaly that will be adjusted back to 8%. And it's much worse for minorities and young people, damned if I know why they're still supporting this guy. And there's no reason to think that Obama's policies will do much better in a 2nd term, with the rest of the world slowing down and a looming taxmageddon coming on Jan 1st. Many economists are forecasting another recession if taxes are raised in 2013.

There's a lot of other stuff we can discuss, debt/deficits, energy, foreign policy; but I'll close this post talking about leadership. We were promised a change in the way Washington does business when Obama was elected in 2008. Didn't happen, in fact manhy think it has gotten worse. Some blame for that can be laid at the feet of the republicans, fair enough. But a president is supposed to lead, he's supposed to be able to reach across the aisle to the other side. Every other president has been able to do that, but this one has not. Obama allowed Pelosi and Reid to run roughshod over the GOP in 2009 and 2010, engendering a lot of ill will that bore fruit after the 2010 midterms. There was no attempt at cooperation or compromise then, nor is there any now. Obama's lack of leadership then has come back to bite him and us all in the ass now. I don't understnad how anyone can possibly want 4 more years of what we've been through the last 4. Barack Obama has not earned another term in office; we need to try someone else.

You've focused on domestic policy and that is what wins elections. Or loses in this case. Yes, Obama's policies are fails. Obamacare is a mess, Dodd Frank is a mess, mortgage bailout is a mess, EPA is a mess. You could go on and on. Things are much worse than when he took office.
But you've left out foreign affairs. His surge in Afhghanistan is a failure. We will leave the country no better off than we got there, with the exception of a dead bin Laden, which Obama takes credit for unjustly. His negotiation of status of forces agreement in Iraq was a failure. Romney nailed him good in the last debate and Obama had to lie about what his negotiating position had actually been. His reset with Russia is a failure, as his engagement with Iran, and then boycott of Iran. He led from the back on Libya and is voting present in Syria.
When Rudy Giuliani excoriated Obama in 2008 at the GOP convention because he voted present most of the time, he was on to something. Obama is indecisive and unsure.
Domestic policy ties in to foreign policy because when our economy is poor we are weak. "Unlimited funds are the sinews of war" wrote Cicero. When our economy is not producing jobs and revenue for the gov't there are cut backs everywhere. This makes us weaker and emboldens our enemies, making the world less safe.

Obama may or may not ‘deserve’ another term.

What you and others on the right seem blind to, however – and assuming you’re not proposing the office of president be left vacant for the next for years – is that Romney is not the answer. It’s idiocy to propose someone wholly unqualified such as Romney replace the president, given he would merely reintroduce the same failed policies, both foreign and domestic, from the Bush years.

Had you nominated a more viable candidate to replace Obama, you’re argument might carry more weight.

What you and others on the right seem blind to, however – and assuming you’re not proposing the office of president be left vacant for the next for years – is that Romney is not the answer. It’s idiocy to propose someone wholly unqualified such as Romney replace the president, given he would merely reintroduce the same failed policies, both foreign and domestic, from the Bush years.

Had you nominated a more viable candidate to replace Obama, you’re argument might carry more weight.

LOL Romney is far more qualified then Obama for the job! Obama was the unqualified one and as we see are seeing daily still is.

What made Obama qualified?

An Obama supporter talking about how other candidates are unqualified is one of the biggest fails I've seen on this site. And that's saying something.

He ran his election campaign. And there was that first black president thing too.

I see no reason why Romney should be designated as not viable. As Daveman says, he's no less qualified that Obama was in 2008. I would go further and say his experience as a governor will stand him in better stead than Obama's limited time in the US Senate. And I certainly think Romney's policies will not be a rehash of the Bush presidency. I do not think he will embroil us in 2 wars, nor spend like a drunken sailor as Bush did. For one thing, he'll have the Tea Party folks who will have a curbing effect.

“…we need to try someone else.”

Who?

The OP doesn’t even mention Romney, as if there are scores of individuals just standing around waiting to be president.

If the OP believes Obama doesn’t ‘deserve’ a second term, he needs to have the courage to say whom he believes will do a better job.

The fact is it’s just between the president and Romney, and Romney is clearly unqualified, fortunately a majority of voters realize that.

you do realize that taken on the whole obama was no more qualified than Romney is. a state senator for 7 years and senator for 3.

Romney was a governor for 4, considering Romneys position is an executive position, thats even at least.

he is also very much more a centrist than a 'conservative', despite the usual running to the farther end of the party ( and I don't wholly agree con's are th extreme either but for arguments sake lets say they are) , which EVERY candidate does when they need ti as in the primary etc. again, that's a wash.

Lets face it, Eisenhower could be running and you'd have a problem with him too...

He ran his election campaign. And there was that first black president thing too.
Not much of a resume to hand out when applying for the position of Leader of the Free World, is it?

But retards fell for it. Didn't you, Jones?

Who?

The OP doesn’t even mention Romney, as if there are scores of individuals just standing around waiting to be president.

If the OP believes Obama doesn’t ‘deserve’ a second term, he needs to have the courage to say whom he believes will do a better job.

The fact is it’s just between the president and Romney, and Romney is clearly unqualified, fortunately a majority of voters realize that.

What makes him "clearly unqualified"?

Is it really as simple as "he's not a liberal"?

Who?

Who? Who do you think? Who is the only other possible contender on the entire planet? Pretty weak response, dude.

The OP was written about Obama, I assumed anyone with a brain would realize who his opponent is. But hey, I'll step right up and say that I believe Romney will do a better job than Obama. No problem, and your assertion that Romney is clearly unqualified is nonsense. As is your opinion that a majority of voters realize that. Did you notice the boost Romney got after the 1st debate? Looks like a lot of voters might've changed their mind about Romney, which puts the lie to both of your points.

How about the first black most corrupt president. Oh ya I said it!!!

How about the first black most corrupt president. Oh ya I said it!!!

He's also the first muslim pig terrorist president. :mad:

Forum List

Back