Why no thread on cooking?

Spaghetti, its an art.

You're CLOSE to finding the forum with all the great USMB recipes.. Try "Food and Wine"..

Just made spaghetti tonight. USed to work in an Italian restaurant kitchen.. THere are secrets to sauces most folks never get.. Like the vegetable base for sauce.. Since I don't have ALL DAY to cook down, carrots, celery, onions, etc --- I toss in a small can of V8.. Won't need to add salt after that either..

• Banned
Thank you.
Spaghetti, its an art.

You're CLOSE to finding the forum with all the great USMB recipes.. Try "Food and Wine"..

Just made spaghetti tonight. USed to work in an Italian restaurant kitchen.. THere are secrets to sauces most folks never get.. Like the vegetable base for sauce.. Since I don't have ALL DAY to cook down, carrots, celery, onions, etc --- I toss in a small can of V8.. Won't need to add salt after that either..
Of course, that's always the case. thanks.

Mine is pretty good. There's a local store that has the best ground beef around and I haven't used fresh garden tomato sauce or homemade pasta in awhile, but both those are on the horizon.

If anyone has a good meatball recipe I might check it out. Mine seem to turn out about 50/50, sometimes good - sometimes they taste like meatloaf.

But generally for a quick and easy sauce I use a pound & 1/2 of ground beef (browned, drained and sauteed in evo with onions, bell pepper and garlic) for every 24 oz jar of good marinara sauce. My chili is pretty good too.

Last edited:
Thank you.
Spaghetti, its an art.

Of course, that's always the case. thanks.
Don't feel bad.
It generally takes me about 9 years to learn something too.

Because most board users are male. Proudly carnivorous, I won't let them ceiling fan spies get me down. Majority meat in my cart.

Spaghetti, its an art.

Spaghetti noodles stuck on the ceiling?? I hear you.

I was actually today thinking of a new recipe, maybe someone else has already tried it. Was thinking sliced Yams with bacon strips and maple syrup on top. But... it might need some other kick to it. Suggestions?

Spaghetti, its an art.

I was actually today thinking of a new recipe, maybe someone else has already tried it. Was thinking sliced Yams with bacon strips and maple syrup on top. But... it might need some other kick to it. Suggestions?
BLT's with fried sweet potatoes.

Spaghetti, its an art.

BLT's with fried sweet potatoes.

sounds interesting. You make your own or buy that somewhere?

Because most board users are male. Proudly carnivorous, I won't let them ceiling fan spies get me down. Majority meat in my cart.
Ceiling fan spies? You mean male backseat relatives? That stick their fingers in everything?
Speaking of fingers in everything, do you ever watch Italian Grandma ?

Pizza sauce is always best as a simple sauce ...no meat very few ingredients

I do a meat ragu ...takes all day if I do cans ...2 days if I do fresh tomatoes ...I like to leave em a day after I remove the skins the old fashioned pain in the ass way

The best one I do for macaronis and other classic red dishes I do a triple meat
Meat balls ,chicken thighs n legs ,and sausage ...you can do giant pots and freeze most of it for later

Chicken thighs come out great in a sauce My dad mother was a loud mouth Ginny's ginnys ...my mother never heard the word f u c k ever come out of anyone's mouth until she met my dad's mom lol

She was a crazy women ...my grandpa from dad's side was a big jolly german ...she killed him by probably feeding him to death ...
I've talked about it before in a little more detail on another thread the sauce

My mom can do it ..my sister can make it and I can make it ...shell haunt me if I give out the techniques ...like the meatballs ...what mix of ground meat ya use and how to slowly need all the ingredients together lil at a time

Good Meatballs are not that easy

I've always loved to cook ....would never open a restaurant...hate the biz

I can toss pizza dough but never tried one this big...
tossingdough.gif

Spaghetti, its an art.

SALT?? :puke:

Spaghetti, its an art.

SALT?? :puke:

The V8 juice is salty enough. I don't use salt hardly at all when I cook.. Unless it's chemically required.

New Topics

Forum List

Back