Why no reviews of, "Imperial Israel" Michael Palumbo?

BML

Rookie
Jul 18, 2018
I am studying what I refer to as the Israel Palestinian situation and one of the methods of study that I use is that when I am recommended a particular book I look for reviews on it. I was recommended to read, "Imperial Israel The History of the Occupation of the West Bank and Gaza" by Michael Palumbo but for the first time I have not been able to find a single review of it. Can anyone assist me?

I am studying what I refer to as the Israel Palestinian situation and one of the methods of study that I use is that when I am recommended a particular book I look for reviews on it. I was recommended to read, "Imperial Israel The History of the Occupation of the West Bank and Gaza" by Michael Palumbo but for the first time I have not been able to find a single review of it. Can anyone assist me?
There are no reviews to be found, but here is some history:

Key words: Imperial and Occupation

1) What the two words on the title mean, is that the book was written either by an Arab Palestinian or a pro Palestinian sympathizer.

2) There is no biography to be found on this author, which leads me to believe that it could be a pen name

3) Israel does not have an Empire. It lost 80% of the its rightful land from 1922 to 1948. The Whole Palestine Mandate was to become Israel, because all of it was Jewish land before many invaders, which include the Arabs. The Arabs now have 80% of the Mandate, and are demanding the rest.

4) It is not an Israel-Palestinian situation, but a war started by Muslim Arabs (before they adopted the name Palestinians in 1964) in 1920 against the Jewish right to recreate their ancient Nation ON their ancient homeland.

I suggest these books:

https://www.amazon.com/Time-Immemorial-Arab-Jewish-Conflict-Palestine/dp/0963624202&tag=ff0d01-20

https://www.amazon.com/Case-Israel-...c=1&refRID=XACSCKRAYW1FYXFPYEE1&tag=ff0d01-20

Maybe others can suggest other reads.

Be aware that there are Historians, who do look into time, place and facts of history, and what is now called "New Historians" who for the most part seem to have a goal in mind, but are not following the rules of history telling.

These new historians have existed mainly since the creation of Israel and, like Palumbo, are intent in influencing minds against Jews and Israel, rather than tell via their research what actually happened at a certain time and place, aka, history.

You state, “Key words: Imperial and Occupation. 1) What the two words on the title mean, is that the book was written either by an Arab Palestinian or a pro Palestinian sympathizer. As an absolutely neutral observer I would suggest that the two words may also mean that the book was written by an objective writer.

“2) There is no biography to be found on this author, which leads me to believe that it could be a pen name.” Not so, Palumbo has in fact written on a number of subjects.

3) Israel does not have an Empire. It lost 80% of the its rightful land from 1922 to 1948. The Whole Palestine Mandate was to become Israel, because all of it was Jewish land before many invaders, which include the Arabs. The Arabs now have 80% of the Mandate, and are demanding the rest. With the greatest respect how far do you want to go back in history to prove the point you are making?

4) It is not an Israel-Palestinian situation, but a war started by Muslim Arabs (before they adopted the name Palestinians in 1964) in 1920 against the Jewish right to recreate their ancient Nation ON their ancient homeland. What right to, “recreate their ancient Nation? ON their ancient homeland” What ancient homeland?

I suggest these books:
https://www.amazon.com/Time-Immemorial-Arab-Jewish-Conflict-Palestine/dp/0963624202
https://www.amazon.com/Case-Israel-...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=XACSCKRAYW1FYXFPYEE1

Many thanks for your recommendations on the two books which I have just ordered and look forward to reading.

There are no reviews to be found, but here is some history:

Key words: Imperial and Occupation

1) What the two words on the title mean, is that the book was written either by an Arab Palestinian or a pro Palestinian sympathizer.

2) There is no biography to be found on this author, which leads me to believe that it could be a pen name

3) Israel does not have an Empire. It lost 80% of the its rightful land from 1922 to 1948. The Whole Palestine Mandate was to become Israel, because all of it was Jewish land before many invaders, which include the Arabs. The Arabs now have 80% of the Mandate, and are demanding the rest.

4) It is not an Israel-Palestinian situation, but a war started by Muslim Arabs (before they adopted the name Palestinians in 1964) in 1920 against the Jewish right to recreate their ancient Nation ON their ancient homeland.

I suggest these books:

https://www.amazon.com/Time-Immemorial-Arab-Jewish-Conflict-Palestine/dp/0963624202&tag=ff0d01-20

https://www.amazon.com/Case-Israel-...c=1&refRID=XACSCKRAYW1FYXFPYEE1&tag=ff0d01-20

Maybe others can suggest other reads.

Be aware that there are Historians, who do look into time, place and facts of history, and what is now called "New Historians" who for the most part seem to have a goal in mind, but are not following the rules of history telling.

These new historians have existed mainly since the creation of Israel and, like Palumbo, are intent in influencing minds against Jews and Israel, rather than tell via their research what actually happened at a certain time and place, aka, history.

Wonderful reply by Sixties Fan. Well done indeed to expose the obvious intent of the book. A book so in demand that not even a Palestinian or Pali supporter has written a review.

Here is a review from someone who does know history and has read one of Palumbo's books on the conflict:

Amazon.com: Customer reviews: The Palestinian Catastrophe: The 1948 Expulsion of a People from Their Homeland

bardofbyte
1.0 out of 5 starsthe sum of two half truths equals a total lie

October 28, 2010
Format: Paperback

Palubmo's book is not a history but rather an antiIsrael polemic. Palumbo cherry picks his facts, scrupulously inserting any half truth that puts the Zionist movement in the worst light possible and totally omitting Palestinian and Arab atrocities. For example he omits the fact that all almost all Jews
in Arab countries were driven out penniless. Approximately 850,000 were expelled and 600,000 settled in Israel, not because they were Zionists but because of Arab antisemitc persecution.The 600,000 were first settled in Israeli refugee camps, but unlike the so-called Palestinians refugees in Lebanon they were not confined to these camps but were quickly integrated into Israeli society. The irony is that Arab antiSemitism populated Israel almost as much as Nazi antisemitism. Palumbo tries to explain why there were over three hundred thousand Arab still remaining in Israel after it won its independence by quoting a speech by Golda Meir in which she stated that Israel needed laborers. What Palumbo conveniently omits is that remaining Arabs were given FULL ISRAELI CITIZENSHIP, unlike the Palestinian refugees in the Arab countries who were denied citizenship in their host countries. With the exception of Jordan the refugees were confined to camps and were stateless. In Jordan most were made Jordanian citizens because that's what they were, Jordanians. On page 19 Palumbo mention Amin Husseini. Palumbo quotes Yassir Arafat naming Husseini as the political and spiritual of Pa lestinian nationalism, which reveals that there wasn't such a movement before Husseini invented it. Strangely, there is only one other mention of Husseini in the book. You would think that such a central figure, and he most certainly was, would be extensively covered, but he isn't.
This omission reveals Palumbo's dishonesty. Husseini was the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem from 1922 to 1936. He was a racist and antiSemite. He organized the April 1929 riots which drove the Jews out of Gaza and Hebron killing dozens.
The British did nothing, so much Palumbo's claim of British professionalism
In 1936 the Mufti led a riot not only against the Jews but also the British.
He fled Jerusalem. During WW2 this founder of Palestinian nationalism
found refuge in Nazi Germany. In 1943 this champion of Palestinian nationalist cause, by the request of Heinrich Himmler, organized the Hanzer Moslem battalion of the Waffen SS. They murdered hundreds of thousands in Bosnia and Hungary. Nowhere does Palumbo mention this in his diatribe against the Jewish State. Certainly if he researched the facts he should have been aware of it. Almost everychapter is full of distortions, half truths and out-and-out lies. It's beyond the scope of this review to rebut them all so I picked some, but not all, of the most egregious to discuss. What are Palumbo's real motives in writing this book?

Last edited:
"You might want to look into a book on the 4000 year history of the Jewish people in their homeland as well."
Please enlighten me as to what book will show me what you refer to as, "the 4000 year history of the Jewish people in their homeland"
Regarding the other two replies the one thing I have found in my quest for information on the "Israel Palestinian situation" is how bad natured, insulting and aggressive the pro Israel supporters in such discussions as this become unable to even consider any objective remark if they don't agree with it.

"You might want to look into a book on the 4000 year history of the Jewish people in their homeland as well."
Please enlighten me as to what book will show me what you refer to as, "the 4000 year history of the Jewish people in their homeland"
Regarding the other two replies the one thing I have found in my quest for information on the "Israel Palestinian situation" is how bad natured, insulting and aggressive the pro Israel supporters in such discussions as this become unable to even consider any objective remark if they don't agree with it.
Well, if you feel that way.....
(and your responses to my first response to you make it very clear where you came from and where you are going......)

Goodbye

Enjoy revisionist history to the full as you are doing right now, because it will make no difference to Israel and the history of the Jewish People in the end.

The history is a fact. The people is a fact.

And those, like you, who do not care about history (for whichever reason) and the history of the Jewish people in particular, and knowing it or not, wish to see that history disappear from the pages of history and everyone's memory........will have some success in making it work.....but in the end the Jewish people will not be destroyed by the endless Christian and Muslim hatred each one of these ideologies have lived and breathed out of for the past 2000 years.

In other words:

Am Israel Chai
(The People of Israel live)

There is nothing the slightest bit objective in asking the question, “What ancient homeland?”

What you are really saying is that Jewish people react bad-naturedly and aggressively when you try to erase them and their culture and history.

(Although one might ask compared to whom?”)

The one thing that I have found in my attempts to understand the history of Israel is the sort of knee jerk bigotry above the writers of which who might find people ready to look at the history of Israel more sympathetically if they weren't so aggressive.

In attempt to be as objective as possible I contacted a forum and asked for their suggestions in looking for objective reading matter on Israel. They suggested I look at the following two alternative views on Israel.

The Case for Israel Author: Dershowitz, Alan. The Case for Israel an ardent defense of Israel’s rights, supported by indisputable evidence. Presents a passionate look at what Israel’s accusers and detractors are saying about this war-torn country. Dershowitz accuses those who attack Israel of international bigotry and backs up his argument with hard facts. Widely respected as a civil libertarian, legal educator, and defense attorney extraordinaire, Alan Dershowitz has also been a passionate though not uncritical supporter of Israel.

Goliath: Life and Loathing in Greater Israel, Max Blumenthal. In Goliath, New York Times bestselling author Max Blumenthal takes us on a journey through the badlands and high roads of Israel-Palestine, painting a startling portrait of Israeli society under the siege of increasingly authoritarian politics as the occupation of the Palestinians deepens. Beginning with the national elections carried out during Israel's war on Gaza in 2008-09, which brought into power the country's most right-wing government to date, Blumenthal tells the story of Israel in the wake of the collapse of the Oslo peace process. As Blumenthal reveals, Israel has become a country where right-wing leaders like Avigdor Lieberman and Bibi Netanyahu are sacrificing democracy on the altar of their power politics; where the loyal opposition largely and passively stands aside and watches the organized assault on civil liberties; where state-funded Orthodox rabbis publish books that provide instructions on how and when to kill Gentiles; where half of Jewish youth declare their refusal to sit in a classroom with an Arab; and where mob violence targets Palestinians and African asylum seekers scapegoated by leading government officials as "demographic threats." A brave and unflinching account of the real facts on the ground, Goliath is an unprecedented and compelling work of journalism.

I then discovered Ruth King on the Internet saying the following.

"Go to a library and toss a coin at the Israel shelf. You’re almost certain to bounce it off a title critical of the Jewish state. The latest contribution to this death by a thousand books is by journalist Milton Viorst. At the heart of this book is the assumption that Israel is wholly to blame for the conflict between Jews and Arabs."

I managed to contact the writer and said the following. "There is more than a grain of truth in what you wrote but would you care to assist me by suggesting some books that take the opposite line of the person you criticise." I ask the question because I would feel a bit of a fool to publicly wrote, "I want to find books that support the State of Israel." I do hope that makes sense.

Ruth King sent me the following titles.

The Siege: The Saga of Israel and Zionism

Good News from Amazing Israel from Michael Ordman

Before you attack someone make sure you understand where there coming from.

The one thing that I have found in my attempts to understand the history of Israel is the sort of knee jerk bigotry above the writers of which who might find people ready to look at the history of Israel more sympathetically if they weren't so aggressive.

Rather than "knee jerk bigotry", you might consider such responses to be the result of years, and in many cases decades, of discussion and experience. This experience readily recognizes familiar themes.

Anyone claiming, "What ancient homeland?" is certainly professing denial rather than complete ignorance of the history of the Jewish people. (Which would be virtually impossible in an English-competent person). This is further emphasized when the person doubles down on their claimed "objectivity" rather than on simply admitting their lack of knowledge. And even further emphasized when they bristle at being called out and labeling the persons who flicked the light on as being aggressive. And then for the cherry on top, let's add some victim-blaming, saying people would like Israel more if Jews were just "nicer" about having their existence and history erased.

What emerges, clearly, in only a few posts, is a pattern of behaviour with which we are all too familiar. I can not tell you how many times I've had this conversation. And it would appear you have too. Probably actually with me.

All that said, it would be a refreshing thread to post books we think are significant contributions to understanding the conflict.

I only recently started to attempt to understand the matter of the Israeli Palestinian situation and I immediately met the problem of not knowing where to start so I found a forum and asked for advice on what reading matter I should use and they were very helpful. It didn’t take me very long to discover that the subject I intended to study was extremely polarised so eventually I found a forum that was supportive of the Zionist view, asked and received reading advice from.

The last thing that I want to do is to alienate anyone but I appear to have stepped right into the middle of what is as much a propaganda war as a physical conflict and I will do my best not to offend anyone but I appear to have done so when I wrote. "The one thing that I have found in my attempts to understand the history of Israel is the sort of knee jerk bigotry above the writers of which who might find people ready to look at the history of Israel more sympathetically if they weren't so aggressive."

You replied, “Rather than "knee jerk bigotry", you might consider such responses to be the result of years, and in many cases decades, of discussion and experience. This experience readily recognizes familiar themes.”

I made my statement because on the basis of much reading and certainly the filmed evidence of the recent Israeli reaction to the Gaza demonstration that, “criticism of Israel is justified unless you consider shooting dead and deliberately shooting to maim is a civilised action by the IDF.” You appear to be too sensitive to anything remotely critical of Israel.

Your statement, “Anyone claiming, "What ancient homeland?" is certainly professing denial rather than complete ignorance of the history of the Jewish People.” My reply to that statement is, “Anyone other than a Zionist would reject a claim that a divine being made a gift of land to any people. Some Zionists, but certainly not all, may well say, “that is what we believe” but I would have to say, “Where is the evidence.”

I certainly do claim objectivity in my search for knowledge of Israeli history and I admit to my lack of such knowledge which is why I bristle at, “being called out”. I will resist commenting on the perpetual victimhood you appear to have embraced. I would ask that you just accept that statement.

One of the things I came across shows that Lord Balfour was so keen to obtain the support of the American Zionist in seeking the agreement of President Wilson to supporting England in the First World War that I’m obliged to quote Lord Balfour directly: “In Palestine, we do not propose even to go through the form of consulting its inhabitants as to their wishes…Zionism…is of far greater importance…than the desire and prejudices of the 700,000 Arabs who inhabit that ancient land.” That situation was to exist even up until today.

Zogby in his book, “Palestinians The Invisible Victims” wrote, “It’s worth noting that figure, 700,000 Palestinians. A wiser approach by the European parties—one that envisioned a mutually beneficial future—could easily have produced a different future. There was clearly more than enough room for the Zionists to come and establish a new state without dispossessing or infringing anyone’s rights. It was only the complete disregard for the rights of the indigenous population by all the European parties that put both the Jews and Palestinians on this miserable course...”

In conclusion. Many years ago when the Irish problem was at its height I asked my Irish father. “What will resolve this matter?” My Irish father, a lifelong supporter of Irish independence, replied, “One thing that will not resolve the matter is to seek to apportion blame. Sooner rather than later the two sides will have to talk.

I made my statement because on the basis of much reading and certainly the filmed evidence of the recent Israeli reaction to the Gaza demonstration that, “criticism of Israel is justified unless you consider shooting dead and deliberately shooting to maim is a civilised action by the IDF.” You appear to be too sensitive to anything remotely critical of Israel.

I'm sorry, have you made any criticisms of Israel? I have read every post and haven't seen any criticisms of Israel.

What I have seen is the statement, "What ancient homeland?" That is not a criticism of Israel -- it is the erasure of the Jewish people, and their history in their homeland. As a competent English speaker, you surely have been raised in a place where knowledge of the Bible is commonplace. Therefore, you are at least aware of the existence of the Jewish people and the stories of the people in their homeland as well as the factual historical basis for these stories (whether you have a faith in them or not). Further, it is relatively easy to do a simple Google search on the history of the Jewish people in ancient Israel.

Any claim of "What ancient homeland?" is solidly based in deliberately attempting to erase it. Its a provocation, not a request for information.

Also, with respect to the sensitivity remark:
  • Typecasting. An insult is used to get a chosen victim who would otherwise ignore one to engage in conversation to counteract the insult. For example: "Oh, I bet you're too stuck-up to talk to a guy like me." The tendency is for the chosen victim to want to prove the insult untrue.

My reply to that statement is, “Anyone other than a Zionist would reject a claim that a divine being made a gift of land to any people.
On the contrary, as a Zionist (aka someone who supports the same rights for Jewish people as for other peoples, including the right to self-determination), I base my Zionism on human rights and equality of human rights. On historical facts. On indigeneity. On the uniqueness of Jewish culture.

I (and most others) do not base my Zionism on any religious faith. Although, ironically, if basing the right of Israel to exist on religious faith was legitimate the VAST majority of people (Jews, Christians and Muslims) would have to support Israel.

but I would have to say, “Where is the evidence.”
The evidence for what? A faith-based religious ideology? Or evidence of the thousands years long history of the Jewish people in Israel, Judea and Samaria? For the latter, I'd start here.

I certainly do claim objectivity in my search for knowledge of Israeli history and I admit to my lack of such knowledge which is why I bristle at, “being called out”. I will resist commenting on the perpetual victimhood you appear to have embraced. I would ask that you just accept that statement.
I will not accept that statement, as I have already seen evidence to the contrary. And oooh, another typecasting. You DO know that people genuinely seeking knowledge don't do that, right?

BML

I made my statement because on the basis of much reading and certainly the filmed evidence of the recent Israeli reaction to the Gaza demonstration, “criticism of Israel is justified unless you consider shooting dead and deliberately shooting to maim is a civilised action by the IDF.” You are too sensitive to anything remotely critical of Israel.

“I'm sorry, have you made any criticisms of Israel? I have read every post and haven't seen any criticisms of Israel.”

A GENERAL INTERPRETATION OF THE TERM, “CRITICISM” IS, “EXPRESSION OF DISAPPROVAL” L HAVE CERTAINLY MADE A NUMBER OF THEM BUT YOU ARE BEING PEDANTIC

“What I have seen is the statement, "What ancient homeland?" That is not a criticism of Israel -- it is the erasure of the Jewish people, and their history in their homeland. As a competent English speaker, you surely have been raised in a place where knowledge of the Bible is commonplace. Therefore, you are at least aware of the existence of the Jewish people and the stories of the people in their homeland as well as the factual historical basis for these stories (whether you have a faith in them or not). Further, it is relatively easy to do a simple Google search on the history of the Jewish people in ancient Israel.

"What ancient homeland?" That is not a criticism of Israel -- it is the erasure of the Jewish people, and their history in their homeland.”

"WHAT ANCIENT HOMELAND?" IS A QUESTION. AT ONE TIME THE JEWS DID LIVE WHERE THEY DID BUT THEY WERE EXPELLED ON A NUMBER OF TIMES. WHEN THE JEWS DID LIVE WHERE THEY DID IT MAY HAVE BEEN THEIR HOMELAND BUT THAT ENDED CLOSE TO 2000 YEARS AGO.

I FOUND THE FOLLOWING ON THE INTERNET.

“That for almost as long as the Jewish nation has existed, it has been persecuted and forced to wander from land to land: starting with slavery in Egypt, to the destruction of both temples in Jerusalem, to the Crusades, the pogroms, the Holocaust, and finally, modern day anti-Semitism. These times of this national displacement are known in Hebrew as galut, exile. The four primary periods of exile are known as “arba galuyot” (the four exiles). The intimation is that these exiles resulted by an act of God. Historically they were invaded by a powerful force.”

The first was Egipt 1523 – 1312 BCE Before Common Era) (Before Christ).

I WILL NOT EXPLORE THESE PERIODS BECAUSE YOU ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THEM.

“The Egyptian exile served as the forerunner, and the prototype, for the four exiles that the Jewish people were later to experience.”

THE FOUR EXILES ALL APPEAR TO ME TO HAVE BEEN BASED ON RELIGIOUS STORIES.

Babylon (423 BCE - 372 BCE)

Persia/Media (372 BCE – 348 BCE)

Greece 371 BCE - 140 BCE

Rome (69 CE - Present)

IN OTHER WORDS THE JEWS WERE EXILED CLOSE TO 2000 YEARS AGO END OF STORY.

“Therefore, any claim of "What ancient homeland?" is solidly based in deliberately attempting to erase it. Its a provocation, not a request for information.”

I DID NOT MAKE A DELIBERATE ATTEMPT TO ERASE ANYTHING. I WAS EXPECTING AN ANSWER TO MY QUESTION, “WHAT ANCIENT HOMELAND”.

Also, with respect to the sensitivity remark.:Typecasting. An insult is used to get a chosen victim who would otherwise ignore one to engage in conversation to counteract the insult. For example: "Oh, I bet you're too stuck-up to talk to a guy like me." The tendency is for the chosen victim to want to prove the insult untrue.

“TYPECASTING” NONSENSE, ONLY IN YOUR MIND. TRY TAKING WHAT I SAID ON ITS FACE VALUE.

My reply to that statement is, “Anyone other than a Zionist would reject a claim that a divine being made a gift of land to any people.

“On the contrary, as a Zionist (aka someone who supports the same rights for Jewish people as for other peoples, including the right to self-determination), I base my Zionism on human rights and equality of human rights. On historical facts. On indigeneity. On the uniqueness of Jewish culture.”

REALLY! ZIONISTS OFFER THE SAME EQUAL HUMAN RIGHTS AS THEY ENJOY TO PALESTINIANS!

“I (and most others) do not base my Zionism on any religious faith. Although, ironically, if basing the right of Israel to exist on religious faith was legitimate the VAST majority of people (Jews, Christians and Muslims) would have to support Israel.”

I’M UNABLE TO ACCEPT THAT STATEMENT.

"but I would have to say, “Where is the evidence.”

The evidence for what? A faith-based religious ideology? Or evidence of the thousands years long history of the Jewish people in Israel, Judea and Samaria? For the latter, I'd start here."

NEITHER, THE EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT THE CLAIMS OF 19TH CENTURY ZIONISM WHO EXPLOITED THESE CLAIMS.

"I certainly do claim objectivity in my search for knowledge of Israeli history and I admit to my lack of such knowledge which is why I bristle at, “being called out”. I will resist commenting on the perpetual victimhood you appear to have embraced. I would ask that you just accept that statement."

"I will not accept that statement, as I have already seen evidence to the contrary. And oooh, another typecasting. You DO know that people genuinely seeking knowledge don't do that, right?"

YOU HAVE LOST ME.

BML

I made my statement because on the basis of much reading and certainly the filmed evidence of the recent Israeli reaction to the Gaza demonstration, “criticism of Israel is justified unless you consider shooting dead and deliberately shooting to maim is a civilised action by the IDF.” You are too sensitive to anything remotely critical of Israel.

“I'm sorry, have you made any criticisms of Israel? I have read every post and haven't seen any criticisms of Israel.”

A GENERAL INTERPRETATION OF THE TERM, “CRITICISM” IS, “EXPRESSION OF DISAPPROVAL” L HAVE CERTAINLY MADE A NUMBER OF THEM BUT YOU ARE BEING PEDANTIC

“What I have seen is the statement, "What ancient homeland?" That is not a criticism of Israel -- it is the erasure of the Jewish people, and their history in their homeland. As a competent English speaker, you surely have been raised in a place where knowledge of the Bible is commonplace. Therefore, you are at least aware of the existence of the Jewish people and the stories of the people in their homeland as well as the factual historical basis for these stories (whether you have a faith in them or not). Further, it is relatively easy to do a simple Google search on the history of the Jewish people in ancient Israel.

"What ancient homeland?" That is not a criticism of Israel -- it is the erasure of the Jewish people, and their history in their homeland.”

"WHAT ANCIENT HOMELAND?" IS A QUESTION. AT ONE TIME THE JEWS DID LIVE WHERE THEY DID BUT THEY WERE EXPELLED ON A NUMBER OF TIMES. WHEN THE JEWS DID LIVE WHERE THEY DID IT MAY HAVE BEEN THEIR HOMELAND BUT THAT ENDED CLOSE TO 2000 YEARS AGO.

“That for almost as long as the Jewish nation has existed, it has been persecuted and forced to wander from land to land: starting with slavery in Egypt, to the destruction of both temples in Jerusalem, to the Crusades, the pogroms, the Holocaust, and finally, modern day anti-Semitism. These times of this national displacement are known in Hebrew as galut, exile. The four primary periods of exile are known as “arba galuyot” (the four exiles). The intimation is that these exiles resulted by an act of God. Historically they were invaded by a powerful force.”

“The Egyptian exile served as the forerunner, and the prototype, for the four exiles that the Jewish people were later to experience.”

Greece 371 BCE - 140 BCE

Rome (69 CE - Present)

“Therefore, any claim of "What ancient homeland?" is solidly based in deliberately attempting to erase it. Its a provocation, not a request for information.”

I DID NOT MAKE A DELIBERATE ATTEMPT TO ERASE ANYTHING. I WAS EXPECTING AN ANSWER TO MY QUESTION, “WHAT ANCIENT HOMELAND”.

Also, with respect to the sensitivity remark.:Typecasting. An insult is used to get a chosen victim who would otherwise ignore one to engage in conversation to counteract the insult. For example: "Oh, I bet you're too stuck-up to talk to a guy like me." The tendency is for the chosen victim to want to prove the insult untrue.

“TYPECASTING” NONSENSE, ONLY IN YOUR MIND. TRY TAKING WHAT I SAID ON ITS FACE VALUE.

“On the contrary, as a Zionist (aka someone who supports the same rights for Jewish people as for other peoples, including the right to self-determination), I base my Zionism on human rights and equality of human rights. On historical facts. On indigeneity. On the uniqueness of Jewish culture.”

REALLY! ZIONISTS OFFER THE SAME EQUAL HUMAN RIGHTS AS THEY ENJOY TO PALESTINIANS!

“I (and most others) do not base my Zionism on any religious faith. Although, ironically, if basing the right of Israel to exist on religious faith was legitimate the VAST majority of people (Jews, Christians and Muslims) would have to support Israel.”

The evidence for what? A faith-based religious ideology? Or evidence of the thousands years long history of the Jewish people in Israel, Judea and Samaria? For the latter, I'd start here."

NEITHER, THE EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT THE CLAIMS OF 19TH CENTURY ZIONISM WHO EXPLOITED THESE CLAIMS.

"I certainly do claim objectivity in my search for knowledge of Israeli history and I admit to my lack of such knowledge which is why I bristle at, “being called out”. I will resist commenting on the perpetual victimhood you appear to have embraced. I would ask that you just accept that statement."

"I will not accept that statement, as I have already seen evidence to the contrary. And oooh, another typecasting. You DO know that people genuinely seeking knowledge don't do that, right?"

YOU HAVE LOST ME.
You are indeed lost and will continue to be lost because you work way too hard to prove the opposite of what is true.

During all of the exiles, there never ceased to be a Jewish presence on the Land of Israel. It is recorded in history, but you only cared for the title where it looked as if ALL JEWS were forever banned from the land of Israel for the past 2000 years.

Not true.

When the Greek invaded, the Jews were there.
When the Romans invaded, the Jews were still there.
When the Byzantine Greek invaded, the Jews were still there.
When the Kurdish Muslims invaded, the Jews were still there.
When the Arab Muslims invaded and opened Jerusalem again FOR the Jews, the Jews were still there.
When the Crusaders invaded, the Jews were still there.
When the Ottomans invaded, the Jews were still there.
When the Ottoman Empire collapsed, the Jews were still there.
When the British took over the Iraq and Palestine Mandates post WWI, the Jews were still there.

Work as hard as you like to delegitimize the rights of the Jewish people to be on their own land, and recreate their ancient Nation ON their ancient homeland, all you like, I know for sure that no "evidence" to what we say will ever satisfy you because you are not here to be shown evidence that you are 1 Million Percent Wrong.

Perpetual victimhood. So on and so forth.

We know very well where you have achieved all of your knowledge and need to use those phrases.

In other words. You did not come here to discuss but to PROVE that you are right and prove how you can delegitimize those "Europeans" who dared to invade "Palestine" and take it away from the "Palestinians.

You have chosen to believe in that nightmare of delusion and even the belief that you have any business with this war between Israel and the Muslim world, that is your problem and no one else's .

And you even believe that if you come over any forum and belittle and delegitimize Israel and anyone who defends its existence and actions to defend itself and its population (all of it, not just Jews) you will feel good about yourself and and can be proud of yourself, even if you do not achieve anything. Which is something you already knew was going to happen.

Your beliefs were set, long before you asked that question in the other forum and over here in order to find people who agreed with you, or pro Israelis who were definitely not going to agree with the miseducation you have subjected yourself to this point in your life.

Can we educate you about the real history of the land, its people and all that happened in the past 2000 years and why Israel needed to be recreated, especially on its ancient homeland by descendants of its ancient people?

Of course not.

Your points of view, not facts, not history of the land, are abundantly clear.

Am Israel Chai !
The People of Israel Live !

BML

Greece 371 BCE - 140 BCE

Rome (69 CE - Present)

YOU HAVE LOST ME.
<<REALLY! ZIONISTS OFFER THE SAME EQUAL HUMAN RIGHTS AS THEY ENJOY TO PALESTINIANS!>>

Of course we need to separate the Palestinians who do live in Israel and the ones who live in Gaza, under Hamas, or in Areas A and B, under the PA, because your knowledge on the subject seems to be nil.

Which Palestinians do you think Israel is responsible for giving equal rights to? Some of them, the ones in Israel, All the Palestinians living in Gaza, the PA and in Israel?

BML

Greece 371 BCE - 140 BCE

Rome (69 CE - Present)

YOU HAVE LOST ME.

Careful now, your "objectivity" is showing.

BML

Greece 371 BCE - 140 BCE

Rome (69 CE - Present)

YOU HAVE LOST ME.

Also, if you have any experience at all engaging on forums, you would know that ALL CAPS is considered yelling and exceedingly rude.

Oooh. Pedantic now. You really are good at this whole typecasting thing.

I'd suggest that if you have any specific criticisms of Israel that you post on the appropriate thread. For example, if you wish to discuss Israel's response to the border riots, the thread is entitled "Palestinians Massing at the Border", I believe.

"WHAT ANCIENT HOMELAND?" IS A QUESTION. AT ONE TIME THE JEWS DID LIVE WHERE THEY DID BUT THEY WERE EXPELLED ON A NUMBER OF TIMES. WHEN THE JEWS DID LIVE WHERE THEY DID IT MAY HAVE BEEN THEIR HOMELAND BUT THAT ENDED CLOSE TO 2000 YEARS AGO.IN OTHER WORDS THE JEWS WERE EXILED CLOSE TO 2000 YEARS AGO END OF STORY...I DID NOT MAKE A DELIBERATE ATTEMPT TO ERASE ANYTHING. I WAS EXPECTING AN ANSWER TO MY QUESTION, “WHAT ANCIENT HOMELAND”.
Clearly, it is not a question, since you have provided your own (biased) answer. Its a provocation now, and it was a provocation in your last two posts to me as well.

And, corrected, the Jewish people have always lived there. They have been invaded, conquered, colonized, ethnically cleansed and genocided, but their presence, and their hope to reconstitute their national homeland there has never been extinguished.

Tell me, do you believe that a peoples who have been invaded, conquered, colonized and ethnically cleansed lose all rights to their homeland? As an objective question, of course.

Absolutely. Objectively, what equal human rights do you think both the Arab Palestinians and the Jewish people should have? Make a list, and I will demonstrate how the Jewish people uphold those rights, and how the Arabs and Muslims deny them.

YOU HAVE LOST ME.
Clearly.

Forum List

Back