Why no investigation of Obama being paid with our tax dollars for his book?

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Where is the investigation of Obama getting paid for his books that HE ORDERED the State Department to buy?
Copies of his book "Dreams from My Father" were purchased with OUR TAX dollars and he earned royalties.
WHERE is the MSM on this?
Didn't Obama then get royalties off the books the State Department bought with OUR TAX dollars????
The State Department bought more than $70,000 worth of books authored by President Obama, sending out copies as Christmas gratuities and stocking “key libraries” around the world with “Dreams From My Father” more than a decade after its release.
The U.S. Embassy in Egypt, for instance, spent $28,636 in August 2009 for copies of Mr. Obama’s best-selling 1995 memoir. Six weeks earlier, the embassy had placed another order for the same book for more than $9,000, federal purchasing records show.
About the same time, halfway around the world, the U.S. Embassy in South Korea had the same idea and spent more than $6,000 for copies of “Dreams From My Father.”
One month later, the U.S. Embassy in Jakarta, Indonesia, spent more than $3,800 for hardcover copies of the Indonesian version of Mr. Obama’s “The Audacity of Hope,” records show.
A review of the expenditures in a federal database did not reveal any examples of State Department purchases of books by former Presidents George W. Bush or Bill Clinton. The purchases of Mr. Obama’s literary work mostly, but not always, took place in the months after Mr. Obama captured the White House.
State Dept. spends $70K on Obama books

And by the way... this was the same book used the words..
You won't stop me eating no ribs, either. Gotta have them ribs. And pussy too.
Don't Malcolm talk about no pussy. Now you know that ain't gonna work."
Our tax dollars used to spread filth to foreign countries AND OBAMA earned royalties to boot!

Embassies buy books based on their importance and interest from their host countries. I guess only republicans would feel that a book written by the President would be of no interest to anyone.

the point seems to be that the USA bought the books

Embassies buy books based on their importance and interest from their host countries. I guess only republicans would feel that a book written by the President would be of no interest to anyone.

The U.S. buys countless books. I read an article saying the most Obama could have made from royalties from this is $6,000. A complete non-issue. But I guess that's the GOP's favorite type of issue.

Of which the royalties were paid to Obama!

Pure and simple. Obama orders department of state to buy "Dreams of my Father".
$70,000 or more in TAX payer money was sent to the publishers.
Publishers then wrote checks to Obama for royalties.

Something very wrong here!

The U.S. buys countless books. I read an article saying the most Obama could have made from royalties from this is $6,000. A complete non-issue. But I guess that's the GOP's favorite type of issue.

No other president has done it. Again this is part of the "transparent" administration in history?

This is the most transparent administration in history,” Obama said during a Google Plus “Fireside” Hangout.

“I can document that this is the case,” he continued. “Every visitor that comes into the White House is now part of the public record. Every law we pass and every rule we implement we put online for everyone to see.”
This is the most transparent administration in history,” Obama said during a Google Plus “Fireside” Hangout.
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...he-most-transparent-administration-in-history

This is grounds for impeachment! Start the process immediately!!!

Yes a vast government conspiracy to get Obama $4,000 dollars over 8 years!!! :eek:

No other president has done it. Again this is part of the "transparent" administration in history?

“I can document that this is the case,” he continued. “Every visitor that comes into the White House is now part of the public record. Every law we pass and every rule we implement we put online for everyone to see.”
Obama says his is ‘most transparent administration' ever
No other President has done it?! Are you sure? NO of course.

And... Obama didn't do it either! Is he in charge of embassy book purchases now? :cuckoo:

Obama says his is ‘most transparent administration' ever
Transparent. Hmm... maybe that's how YOU FOUND OUT ABOUT THESE BOOK SALES!!!

Christ you fucking people...

Remember the quaint old days when Conservatives pretended to be concerned about a President possibly making money off of his office?

Remember the quaint old days when Conservatives pretended to be concerned about a President possibly making money off of his office?

Of course!
When Bill Clinton Was Paid $500,000 to Speak in Russia, Hillary Opposed State Dept. Sanctions
When Bill Was Paid $500,000 to Speak in Russia, Hillary Opposed State Dept. Sanctions

Forum List

Back