Why Libs Hate Fox News

OK, I've earned a good retirement because I worked hard all my life. I've been married and true to my wife of over 30 years because I love her and want to keep her. I have raised and put through college 3 children for whom I would die in an instant if it would prevent them from having to take the same for me. I have remained adamant in my opinions, steadfast in my beliefs and strong in my committments.

I cordially invite anyone who vilifies Fox News to explain their success.

Anything else you want to know, mm?

I will take the absence of any coherent answer to my invitation as an admission - that there is no reply which could fail to expose its perpetrator as an elitist.

This is one lib that appreciates every word they broadcast, every ideology they espouse and every minute they dedicate to discussions of Mann Coulter, Rush Limpthing, Sean Helplessly and others that parrot the memos and talking points as delivered to them by the administration.

The fact they are so obviously not "fair and balanced" as they purport only reinforces the arguments of those that do seek truth, justice and the American way.

Psychoblues

Americans Gotta Keep On Truckin'

I think the point would be be that they don't pretend to be in the sense that they say things like "here is the right the perspective" or "here is the left perspective". On other networks these same commentators are simply labeled "experts". The point is FoxNews doesn't profess that one side in a debate is objective while other networks do

I cordially invite anyone who vilifies Fox News to explain their success.

Marketing. Sensationalism. Telling people what they want to hear rather than reporting much of what's actually going on in the world. Lots of editorial ranting.
Same as all the cable "news" stations.

Marketing. Sensationalism. Telling people what they want to hear rather than reporting much of what's actually going on in the world. Lots of editorial ranting.
Same as all the cable "news" stations.

Not the cool, smart people like you, though - right?

Thanks for proving my point.

That's not fair, that's not fair at all, mm.

Are you just bitchin' or are you asking a legitimate question? Lemme ask you, or should I say repeat one that you asked earlier in this conversation from me.

Explain your success?

You'll get more information skimming just about any newspaper for 30 minutes a day than you will if you watch MSNBC, CNN, or FOX News for a full 24 hour cycle. The cable news stations only report about 3-4 stories a day (if Anna Nicole's not sucking up all the air that week) and then fill in any remaining time with editorial opinions, celebrity interviews, and shouting matches.
Cable news sucks. All of it. Not just Fox.

You'll get more information skimming just about any newspaper for 30 minutes a day than you will if you watch MSNBC, CNN, or FOX News for a full 24 hour cycle. The cable news stations only report about 3-4 stories a day (if Anna Nicole's not sucking up all the air that week) and then fill in any remaining time with editorial opinions, celebrity interviews, and shouting matches.

I've stopped watching the news, and to be honest, I had Fox news on for twelve hours a day, at work.

Enough is enough..............:eusa_sick:

You haven't really responded to my invitation in kind, then. I was speaking to those who would vilify Fox EXCLUSIVELY - and on ideological grounds. Your objection appears to be with cable news in general; you and I don't seem to have much of a quarrel here.

You haven't really responded to my invitation in kind, then. I was speaking to those who would vilify Fox EXCLUSIVELY - and on ideological grounds. Your objection appears to be with cable news in general; you and I don't seem to have much of a quarrel here.

My post before that one offerred an explanation why theire ratings are hugh.
Marketing, sensationalism, and telling people what they want to hear in the form of editorial ranting are explanations you'll hear in lots or ratings analyses.

Unless you're listening to O'Reilly tell you himself why his ratings are so high, and then of course it's because he personally is just so awesome.

As far as why FOX usually outpaces CNN and MSNBC, I guess they found their niche audience in conservative cable news watchers, which would leave CNN and MSNBC to split the remainder.

Marketing, sensationalism, and telling people what they want to hear in the form of editorial ranting are explanations you'll hear in lots or ratings analyses.

Unless you're listening to O'Reilly tell you himself why his ratings are so high, and then of course it's because he personally is just so awesome.

What is your explanation, though, for the success of Fox News, distinctly - relative to the alphabet networks? Were we better off when ABC, CBS, and NBC were the only game in town?

What is your explanation, though, for the success of Fox News, distinctly - relative to the alphabet networks? Were we better off when ABC, CBS, and NBC were the only game in town?

Oh the network evening news programs? I don't know. Maybe people don't get home from work by six and late night talk shows are competing at 11pm and people just want to watch the news when it's convenient for them rather than tuning in at a specific time so they choose one of the 24 hour basic cable stations.

And again, marketing, sensationalism, editorial rants...

Were we better off when network evening news was the only option for T.V. news? Maybe. I wasn't very old when that was the case, but I think when news stations only have a half hour they just crank out the info and don't waste a lot of time on and speculation and fluff. There's not as much time for B.S.

Actually, wiggles, the ratings of FauxNews are not "hugh" as you say. They are not even huge as you might imply.

FauxNews has an agenda far beyond anything else that presents itself as "news" or even "infoentertainmentnews" on cable and satellite. Roger Ailes has a perspective that he totally committed to and wants YOU to be as well.

As far as why FOX usually outpaces CNN and MSNBC, I guess they found their niche audience in conservative cable news watchers, which would leave CNN and MSNBC to split the remainder.

Many of the people that you are addressing your genuine (I think) concern are as equally indoctrinated and equally as agenda prone as the enfotainment entity in question here.

Give it all a good listen, give it all a good and honest consideration. FauxNews in not credible in their "reporting" or their descriptions of national mood. They have a niche' in the entertainment field and they exploit it for all it's worth. Such is the dilemma of the cable/satellite era and such is the case for the "internet" era.

My suggestion is for you to separate the wheat from the chafe as you see it and go on about your life. Trying to separate the wheat from the chafe in these venues will not prove as fruitful as the more serious farming of genuinely credible news outlets and a variety of angles from which to observe the questions that you have.

Oh the network evening news programs? I don't know. Maybe people don't get home from work by six and late night talk shows are competing at 11pm and people just want to watch the news when it's convenient for them rather than tuning in at a specific time so they choose one of the 24 hour basic cable stations.

And again, marketing, sensationalism, editorial rants...

Were we better off when network evening news was the only option for T.V. news? Maybe. I wasn't very old when that was the case, but I think when news stations only have a half hour they just crank out the info and don't waste a lot of time on and speculation and fluff. There's not as much time for B.S.

But, here's what I'm trying to get at. The three-ring circus atmosphere of cable news aside, there is a distinct difference in ideological approach between Fox and all other major networks - cable or rabbit-ears. You've acknowledged it in one of your posts in this thread. You and others see it as right-wing bias; I see it as a fresh breath of relative objectivity in a field monopolized for decades by a decidedly left-leaning mindset. Yet Fox - DISTINCTLY - has been a smashing success.

To what do you attribute this?

I know that you didn't address that question to me, mm, but I'll give you a one word answer that explains a lot about what you allude and what has made me a bunch of money in my life as well.

Entertainment.

But, here's what I'm trying to get at. The three-ring circus atmosphere of cable news aside, there is a distinct difference in ideological approach between Fox and all other major networks - cable or rabbit-ears. You've acknowledged it in one of your posts in this thread. You and others see it as right-wing bias; I see it as a fresh breath of relative objectivity in a field monopolized for decades by a decidedly left-leaning mindset. Yet Fox - DISTINCTLY - has been a smashing success.

Dig it?

I know that you didn't address that question to me, mm,

That's right, Psychoblues - I didn't. And, it's not like I'm anybody to be telling you who you can post to on message boards; nor is it that I don't think you'd be an interesting person to chat with - or even butt heads with. But, your disgusting, vulgar, and classless treatment of women on message boards really makes me disinclined to have anything to do with you. I wasn't raised to treat ladies in that manner. Until you can mend some fences and act like you've got some sense, I'd prefer it if you didn't talk to me at all.

Is there a specific answer you're looking for? I've already said why I think network news has gone out of style, and I've said why I think Fox News has been in the lead among the cable news stations.
I'm mostly just guessing about all this anyway since I'm not a ratings expert. But Fox' ratings certainly aren't due to their integrity and objectivity. I'm sorry, but that notion's just laughable.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouKJixL--ms[/ame]

Is there a specific answer you're looking for? I've already said why I think network news has gone out of style, and I've said why I think Fox News has been in the lead among the cable news stations.
I'm mostly just guessing about all this anyway since I'm not a ratings expert. But Fox' ratings certainly aren't due to their integrity and objectivity. I'm sorry, but that notion's just laughable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouKJixL--ms

I didn't catch your earlier edit, wiggles - sorry.

I'm going to take a break for a while. Thanks for another interesting chat; maybe we can pick it up later.

Forum List

Back