Why Liberals Want To Ban The AR-15

CrazedScotsman

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2012
***\\\This Is My Opinion///***

I believe Liberals want to ban the AR-15 for two reasons...

1. The AR-15 is scary looking, it's that simple. The AR-15 is scary looking and it's easy to get people to think the AR-15 is bad because of the way it looks.

2. Here's the main reason why Liberals want to ban the AR-15. If Liberals are successful, they can then point to other guns as more powerful and say "We banned the AR-15 so we should ban all of these other weapons because they are more powerful and accurate."

That's why the big push to ban the AR-15.

1. The AR-15 is scary looking, it's that simple. The AR-15 is scary looking and it's easy to get people to think the AR-15 is bad because of the way it looks.

2. Here's the main reason why Liberals want to ban the AR-15. If Liberals are successful, they can then point to other guns as more powerful and say "We banned the AR-15 so we should ban all of these other weapons because they are more powerful and accurate."

And you are wrong. No other gun, freely available to civilians, is designed for or capable of killing as many people as possible in as short a time as possible as the AR-15.

And you are wrong. No other gun, freely available to civilians, is designed for or capable of killing as many people as possible in as short a time as possible as the AR-15.
Many handguns hold 15-18 rounds. Handgun are much more mobile and concealable. The rounds they hold can be excessively deadly.

No other gun, freely available to civilians, is designed for or capable of killing as many people as possible in as short a time as possible as the AR-15.

I love when people who have never shot a gun think they are an expert.

You think I have never shot a gun? That makes sense to you because you think only gun nuts own guns. You are wrong on both counts.

Except for this little ranch rifle.
Ruger-Rifle-MINI-14-Ranch-5.56-NATO-Wood-Stock-Rifle---5816.jpg

So you think a round from an AR-15 has more killing power than other weapons?

That´s the purpose of a weapon.
Those who intent to use weapons illegally are not going to turn them in. Borders open to criminal cartels, citizens stripped of their arms, that is not in your interest.

Many handguns hold 15-18 rounds. Handgun are much more mobile and concealable. The rounds they hold can be excessively deadly.

Yes, in some situations, but not as consistently as the AR. The AR's accuracy doesn't degrade any where near as quickly as any other commonly available gun, including pistols, and concealment isn't always an issue.

It's based on a military action designed to kill/wound as many people as quickly as possible and will take large capacity detachable magazines, so should likewise be severely restricted.

Yes, in some situations, but not as consistently as the AR. The AR's accuracy doesn't degrade any where near as quickly as any other commonly available gun, including pistols, and concealment isn't always an issue.
Yeah but bear with me for a second...practically speaking...if you are in close quarters (office, school...mosque...etc.) and wish to effect max damage...a handgun is just as effective a tool as an AR.
I mean there is a reason police carry handguns and not rifles. You have a valid point Bulldog not arguing just saying.

Yeah but bear with me for a second...practically speaking...if you are in close quarters (office, school...mosque...etc.) and wish to effect max damage...a handgun is just as effective a tool as an AR.
I mean there is a reason police carry handguns and not rifles. You have a valid point Bulldog not arguing just saying.

In practical situations one can maximize the kill ratio with a handgun on concealment and a greater element of surprise alone.

It's based on a military action designed to kill/wound as many people as quickly as possible and will take large capacity detachable magazines, so should likewise be severely restricted.

So it’s not the total number of people killed that you’re concerned about...it’s the total number killed in a single incident? Am I understanding you right?

The Mini14's barrel heats up lots faster than the AR15, and it isn't nearly as dependable under extended use. That's mostly due to the metal used in the barrel. Later models are some better, but still don't compare with te AR. AR sights don't suck like on the mini.

So you think a round from an AR-15 has more killing power than other weapons?

You think caliber is the only thing that makes a difference? Have you ever shot a gun?

The Mini14's barrel heats up lots faster than the AR15, and it isn't nearly as dependable under extended use. That's mostly due to the metal used in the barrel. Later models are some better, but still don't compare with te AR. AR sights don't suck like on the mini.

There are no standard sights for an AR.

Haha...that’s a poor spin. They fire the same round, hold the same magazines and are equally affective at close range...Any AR-15 related incident we’ve seen could have easily been carried out with the mini-14

Forum List

Back