Why It Would Be Unwise For Joe Biden To Tap The Strategic Petroleum Reserve

You don't like the fact that your people in office have screwed up. From day one. Reversing everything good Trump did while we were slowly recovering from a Prog induced shutdown.

I do not have any people in office. no Libertarians won that I know of

Why It Would Be Unwise For Joe Biden To Tap The Strategic Petroleum Reserve

With oil prices at $80/barrel, and OPEC+ refusing to accelerate its relaxing of production quotas, some have called on President Biden to release oil from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve.
Friday morning, Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm laughed at a question about what the administration might do to reduce gasoline prices, blaming OPEC and U.S. oil companies for not drilling, and saying that Biden would be considering an SPR release. “The SPR is certainly on the table as an option,” Granholm said.
Indeed, over the years, oil price volatility has been a concern for producers and consumers, although to be honest, consumers usually complain about volatile prices only when they are high and producers tend to complain about volatility when prices collapse.
~Snip~
Finally, the use of strategic reserves for short-term political gain is certainly inadvisable. As my colleague Larry Goldstein wrote recently, it is rather like tapping into your retirement fund to pay for a vacation. To which I would add, it might feel good in the short-term, but in the long run you will usually regret it.

Comment:
Since two articles have been banned in regard to the SPR, I thought I might take a different tack on the subject.
Politically this is inadvisable to tap America's SPR to alleviate the self made crisis by this administration.
The logical thing to do is to rescind the Executive orders by Joey Xi and return to the 2020 oil regulations.
Obviously though logical and sane, this administration would not allow this to happen. It would put back their impossible "Utopian Green Deal" aspirations.
With this administrations blatant show of weakness in it's foreign policies missteps it's no wise to deplete our SPR at a time when both China and Russia are rattling their sabers. One wrong move on China versus Taiwan, or Putin versus the Ukraine can light a potential cascade of war.
In the Bible it talks of the New Babylon . New Babylon is America. It describes the Statue of Liberty. It will be the greatest nation and over night it will become total shit . Sort of just like Joe . If everything smells like shit it is shit.

Last edited:
History repeats it's self. DemocRats screw everything up and to fix it piss the rest away.

Forum List

Back