Why it would be prudent to install security cameras covering the front of your house

If it's a break-in, they are not going to loudly bang on your door at 4 AM. Common sense would tell me it's not a good idea to walk outside with a gun when the person banging on my door is likely a cop.

The problem is what happened to Breona Taylor, when cops just break down your door and you have a gun. You don't even need to shoot it, just raise it and you're likely dead.
At 4 AM, you walk to the door with your gun, always chambered and safety off, asking who is there. If they say police, you look out the window, door viewer or open to the chain to see for sure before putting the weapon down to open the door, then alert them weapon is down, while hold up your hands that weapon is down as you slowly are opening door. At 4 AM, in this day and time, you make sure who you are opening your door for before laying down your weapon. Then, be ready for very bad news, as most of us will never have the police knock on our door in the middle of the night.:(

Last edited:
A shotgun is a very good home defense weapon. A high powered rifle or handgun can fire rounds through your walls and through your neighbors walls. A shotgun won't do that.

Wrong, a shotgun will do that, it depends on the type of shotgun and the type of shot used. A 12 gauge with slugs or 00 buck will penetrate walls...sometimes several...

At 4 AM, you walk to the door with your gun, always chambered and safety off, asking who is there. If they say police, you look out the window, door viewer or open to the chain to see for sure before putting the weapon down to open the door, then alert them weapon is down, while hold up your hands that weapon is down as you slowly are opening door. At 4 AM, in this day and time, you make sure who you are opening your door for before laying down your weapon. Then, be ready for very bad news, as most of us will never have the police knock on our door in the middle of the night.:(

You know...with cell phones, you can tell anyone on the other side to take a photo and send it to your phone...no need to open the door at all, really....

You know...with cell phones, you can tell anyone on the other side to take a photo and send it to your phone...no need to open the door at all, really....
I doubt I would try to piss them off by that, rather than just looking out. Besides, just because they send you a picture of officer friendly, doesn't mean they are officer friendly.

Wrong, a shotgun will do that, it depends on the type of shotgun and the type of shot used. A 12 gauge with slugs or 00 buck will penetrate walls...sometimes several...
Hard to believe 00 buck will go through your walls, across the street and through more walls. A .223 or .357 or .45 will.

A lot of people like to keep some sort of firearm next to their bed to protect themselves if someone tries to break into their home. You hear a commotion outside your door and it sure sounds like somebody is trying to break in. If you have a security camera you check it first before you grab your gun and open the door, it could save your life. Seems the rage among law enforcement is no knock warrants and early morning raids. If you open your door with a gun in your hand, they feel they are more than justified to gun you down. It's already happened in parts of the country. Almost happened to this guy but he checked his cameras first...thank God....Early morning visit by sheriff's deputies raises questions
Ya gotta know if ya should set off the boobie traps and start yelling I ain't going to no camp !come and get it ya motherless whores
xmdmmdmmdd.png

Hard to believe 00 buck will go through your walls, across the street and through more walls. A .223 or .357 or .45 will.
Buck shot will go through a wall, also. It just won't go through as many layers of drywall.

The problem is what happened to Breona Taylor, when cops just break down your door and you have a gun. You don't even need to shoot it, just raise it and you're likely dead.
Except that didn’t happen with Taylor

Except that didn’t happen with Taylor

How not to get shot?

Don't be a criminal.

Don't be a family member of a criminal.

Don't be a friend of a criminal.

Don't be an associate of a criminal.

Don't aid your drug dealer boyfriend by hiding stuff for him and getting on the radar of the police......

Don't live in democrat party controlled cities.

A shotgun is a very good home defense weapon. A high powered rifle or handgun can fire rounds through your walls and through your neighbors walls. A shotgun won't do that.
1627941382443.png

........Shotguns work fine.....................

If it's a break-in, they are not going to loudly bang on your door at 4 AM. Common sense would tell me it's not a good idea to walk outside with a gun when the person banging on my door is likely a cop.

What happened to Breonna Taylor....she became involved with criminals...

Contrary to the repeated claim that the police “had the wrong address and the wrong person and the person was in custody”—as the Rev. Al Sharpton put it—the police were not at the wrong house at all.

It seems that Breonna Taylor was knee-deep in the criminal enterprise of her sometime-boyfriend, Jamarcus Glover, who was running a massive drug operation, selling crack cocaine and fentanyl to the citizens of Louisville.

The morning after Breonna was killed, for example, Jamarcus told his baby mama (on a police-recorded phone call): “This is what you got to understand, don’t take it wrong, but Bre been handling all my money, she been handling my money … She been handling sh*t for me and Cuz, it ain’t just me.”

He detailed the amounts when an unidentified male got on the line, saying, “Tell Cuz, Bre got down like $15 (grand), she had the $8 (grand) I gave her the other day and she picked up another $6 (grand).”

And yet, the media credulously repeated that Breonna barely knew Jamarcus, based on the family’s lawyer, Sam Aguiar, saying that they had broken up two years earlier and had only a “passive friendship.”

In addition to “handling sh*t” for Jamarcus, Breonna had bailed Jamarcus out of jail, driven with him to a “trap house” (where the drugs were sold), and allowed him to use her address—the site of the raid—for his mail, phone bills, a bank account and jail bookings. All this in 2020.

Police GPS tracking showed that Jamarcus had been to Breonna’s apartment six times in January alone, and had called her from jail dozens of times since they had allegedly broken up.
----
More significantly, police had photos of Jamarcus picking up USPS packages at Breonna’s apartment as recently as Jan. 16, 2020, then taking them directly to a trap house.
------

Even Breonna’s boyfriend says they knocked. You’re the bagwoman for a major crack cocaine operation, there’s loud banging on your door after midnight, and your reaction is:The last thing I imagined was that it could be the police!

Team Breonna makes a big point of the fact that the police found no drugs or money at her apartment. Yeah, that’s because they didn’t look.

The first officer through the door was shot by Breonna’s boyfriend—who eventually admitted he shot first—and the officers returned fire, hitting Breonna five times, one fatally. (All proved by federal ballistics reports.) In the commotion after the shootout, the officers
never executed the search warrant.

Forum List

Back