Why Israel Lies

fanger

Gold Member
May 21, 2014
Fuck israel
All governments lie, as I.F. Stone pointed out, including Israel and Hamas. But Israel engages in the kinds of jaw-dropping lies that characterize despotic and totalitarian regimes. It does not deform the truth; it inverts it. It routinely paints a picture for the outside world that is diametrically opposed to reality. And all of us reporters who have covered the occupied territories have run into Israel’s Alice-in-Wonderland narratives, which we dutifully insert into our stories—required under the rules of American journalism—although we know they are untrue.

I saw small boys baited and killed by Israeli soldiers in the Gaza refugee camp of Khan Younis. The soldiers swore at the boys in Arabic over the loudspeakers of their armored jeep. The boys, about 10 years old, then threw stones at an Israeli vehicle and the soldiers opened fire, killing some, wounding others. I was present more than once as Israeli troops drew out and shot Palestinian children in this way. Such incidents, in the Israeli lexicon, become children caught in crossfire. I was in Gaza when F-16 attack jets dropped 1,000-pound iron fragmentation bombs on overcrowded hovels in Gaza City. I saw the corpses of the victims, including children. This became a surgical strike on a bomb-making factory. I have watched Israel demolish homes and entire apartment blocks to create wide buffer zones between the Palestinians and the Israeli troops that ring Gaza. I have interviewed the destitute and homeless families, some camped out in crude shelters erected in the rubble. The destruction becomes the demolition of the homes of terrorists. I have stood in the remains of schools—Israel struck two United Nations schools in the last six days, causing at least 10 fatalities at one in Rafah on Sunday and at least 19 at one in the Jebaliya refugee camp Wednesday—as well as medical clinics and mosques. I have heard Israel claim that errant rockets or mortar fire from the Palestinians caused these and other deaths, or that the attacked spots were being used as arms depots or launching sites. I, along with every other reporter I know who has worked in Gaza, have never seen any evidence that Hamas uses civilians as “human shields.”
Chris Hedges Why Israel Lies - Chris Hedges -Truthdig
The Big Lie, used like a bludgeon by Israel, as perhaps it is designed to be, ultimately reduces all problems in the world to the brutish language of violence. And when oppressed people are addressed only through violence they will answer only through violence.

All governments lie, as I.F. Stone pointed out, including Israel and Hamas. But Israel engages in the kinds of jaw-dropping lies that characterize despotic and totalitarian regimes. It does not deform the truth; it inverts it. It routinely paints a picture for the outside world that is diametrically opposed to reality. And all of us reporters who have covered the occupied territories have run into Israel’s Alice-in-Wonderland narratives, which we dutifully insert into our stories—required under the rules of American journalism—although we know they are untrue.

I saw small boys baited and killed by Israeli soldiers in the Gaza refugee camp of Khan Younis. The soldiers swore at the boys in Arabic over the loudspeakers of their armored jeep. The boys, about 10 years old, then threw stones at an Israeli vehicle and the soldiers opened fire, killing some, wounding others. I was present more than once as Israeli troops drew out and shot Palestinian children in this way. Such incidents, in the Israeli lexicon, become children caught in crossfire. I was in Gaza when F-16 attack jets dropped 1,000-pound iron fragmentation bombs on overcrowded hovels in Gaza City. I saw the corpses of the victims, including children. This became a surgical strike on a bomb-making factory. I have watched Israel demolish homes and entire apartment blocks to create wide buffer zones between the Palestinians and the Israeli troops that ring Gaza. I have interviewed the destitute and homeless families, some camped out in crude shelters erected in the rubble. The destruction becomes the demolition of the homes of terrorists. I have stood in the remains of schools—Israel struck two United Nations schools in the last six days, causing at least 10 fatalities at one in Rafah on Sunday and at least 19 at one in the Jebaliya refugee camp Wednesday—as well as medical clinics and mosques. I have heard Israel claim that errant rockets or mortar fire from the Palestinians caused these and other deaths, or that the attacked spots were being used as arms depots or launching sites. I, along with every other reporter I know who has worked in Gaza, have never seen any evidence that Hamas uses civilians as “human shields.”
The Big Lie, used like a bludgeon by Israel, as perhaps it is designed to be, ultimately reduces all problems in the world to the brutish language of violence. And when oppressed people are addressed only through violence they will answer only through violence.

Government is an idea, not an entity. It is a small group of people that thinks they have the authority to push everyone else around.

However, getting back to the subject of the OP; Does Israel lie? Do people lie? Sometimes. But which religion feels that lies are an important tool in neo-political struggles?

Islam.

We've too often witnessed the lies of Muslims. The disregard for human life. Now is not the time to lend credence to yet another one of their scams. Take everything they say with a grain of salt.

Government is an idea, not an entity. It is a small group of people that thinks they have the authority to push everyone else around.

However, getting back to the subject of the OP; Does Israel lie? Do people lie? Sometimes. But which religion feels that lies are an important tool in neo-political struggles?

Islam.

We've too often witnessed the lies of Muslims. The disregard for human life. Now is not the time to lend credence to yet another one of their scams. Take everything they say with a grain of salt.

So, the Israelis killing 500 children in a few weeks in Gaza last summer is not "disregard for human life"? Is it "thinning the herd" as the pro-Israel nutcases say?

Islam.

the fact that two Zionist paid shills clicked on a like for your post makes me wonder if you are like alex jones.someone who is not transparent like Zionist paid shill Hossfly troll,someone who like jones,is clever at convincing others he wants to stop government corruption but is really working for them.the fact you are criticizing the OP here ignoring his facts he showed, speaks VOLUMES about your credibility.

Islam.

So, the Israelis killing 500 children in a few weeks in Gaza last summer is not "disregard for human life"? Is it "thinning the herd" as the pro-Israel nutcases say?
Seemed to me that number is an exaggeration. Besides, if Hamas would stop protecting their missiles with human-shields none of them would be dead.

the Zionist paid shills such as as hossfly and MJZ don't like you exposing Israel here.lol

And since most supporters of Israel do not have a desire to know the truth, a truth that would force them to examine their own racism and self-delusions about Zionist and Western moral superiority, like packs of famished dogs they lap up the lies fed to them by the Israeli government

One can never believe what Israel says, and so many turn a blind eye to their lies.

Islam.

Seemed to me that number is an exaggeration. Besides, if Hamas would stop protecting their missiles with human-shields none of them would be dead.

that human shield stuff is propaganda, and the weapons of Hamas is not much more than little rockets , that is why so few Israelites get hurt, more get hurt in accidents driving due the fake sirens, Israel even terrorizes their own.

Wasn't he the person that first started telling the US that the Iraqi's were making biological and chemical weapons, only to see his world come tumbling down when it was found it was a hoax and scam. So why would anyone want to believe this piece of crap ?

Islam.

We will see who the ICC and ICJ blame for those deaths wont we Abdul, and you will be crying all the way home when they do. Will it be that the ICC is a Zionist otganisation when they place the blame on thye Palestinians ?

And since most supporters of Israel do not have a desire to know the truth, a truth that would force them to examine their own racism and self-delusions about Zionist and Western moral superiority, like packs of famished dogs they lap up the lies fed to them by the Israeli government

One can never believe what Israel says, and so many turn a blind eye to their lies.
Same with Muslims.

Same with Muslims.

The muslims have a term for it Kithman and Taqiya or in English Lies and Deciet

they got paid shills here trolling for them such as hossfly,phonenall and MJZ.

Islam.

that human shield stuff is propaganda, and the weapons of Hamas is not much more than little rockets , that is why so few Israelites get hurt, more get hurt in accidents driving due the fake sirens, Israel even terrorizes their own.

yep.exactly.

Islam.

the fact that two Zionist paid shills clicked on a like for your post makes me wonder if you are like alex jones.someone who is not transparent like Zionist paid shill Hossfly troll,someone who like jones,is clever at convincing others he wants to stop government corruption but is really working for them.the fact you are criticizing the OP here ignoring his facts he showed, speaks VOLUMES about your credibility.

LOL at you talking about someone elses credibility!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

they got paid shills here trolling for them such as hossfly,phonenall and MJZ.

You know this how ?.............OR ARE YOU JUST LYING AGAIN

Islam.

Hamas killed those children, not Israel. Nobody gains more than Gaza children killed than Hamas.

True story.

Islam.

Hamas killed those children, not Israel. Nobody gains more than Gaza children killed than Hamas.

True story.

Quit your lies, you killed those kids, so admit it. Quit blaming your plight on everyone else, its like Israel against the world isn't it? You hate anyone or any country you can't control. Soon the Judeo Christian will be just Judeo USA.

Islam.

True story.

Quit your lies, you killed those kids, so admit it. Quit blaming your plight on everyone else, its like Israel against the world isn't it? You hate anyone or any country you can't control. Soon the Judeo Christian will be just Judeo USA.

Told you to stop listening to the imams and start reading such things as the Geneva conventions and the rules of war to see who actually killed those children. The blame lies fairly at the feet of hamas, and this is why Abbas has engaged the ICJ to look into the claims of war crimes so the spotlight will fall on hamas and its war crimes

Forum List

Back