Why is the national debt only important to Republicans when Democrats are in office?

Natural Citizen

American Made
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 8, 2016
Clearly, the two party system has failed America.

U.S. Senator Ted Cruz addresses the Republican Party’s position on the national debt and deficits.

''During his 2016 presidential campaign, Donald Trump — even though he had dubbed himself “the king of debt” — promised to slash the mounting national debt until it was completely eliminated within eight years. Four years on, how’s that going? Not well.

Turns out the U.S. government, due in part to the coronavirus pandemic, ran a record budget deficit of $3.1 trillion in the fiscal year that ended in September. The deficit, which is the gap between what the U.S. spends and what it earns through tax receipts and other revenue, came to $2 trillion more than what the White House had forecast earlier in the year.
By comparison, the deficit in 2019 totaled $984 billion.

The cumulative effect of running up the deficit year after year, including 2020’s spike, has resulted in a national debt of more than $27 trillion, up from less than $20 trillion when Trump took office.''

Continued...

U.S. Senator Ted Cruz addresses the Republican Party’s position on the national debt and deficits.

''During his 2016 presidential campaign, Donald Trump — even though he had dubbed himself “the king of debt” — promised to slash the mounting national debt until it was completely eliminated within eight years. Four years on, how’s that going? Not well.

Turns out the U.S. government, due in part to the coronavirus pandemic, ran a record budget deficit of $3.1 trillion in the fiscal year that ended in September. The deficit, which is the gap between what the U.S. spends and what it earns through tax receipts and other revenue, came to $2 trillion more than what the White House had forecast earlier in the year.

The cumulative effect of running up the deficit year after year, including 2020’s spike, has resulted in a national debt of more than $27 trillion, up from less than $20 trillion when Trump took office.''

Continued...

Noticed, eh. When Democrats are in power, the republicans become fiscal hawks and the party of "NO". If they are in power, there is spending like drunken sailors, who have not been in port for a while.

We have more government than we are willing to pay for.

The federal government is the only entity on earth that doesn't adjust for increased costs.

Continued...

There's no 'vice versa' here, Mr. Both Sides.

We passed the point of no return on that long ago and both sides know it. To even begin to deal with the national debt we would have to have across the board tax increases and across the board spending cuts with no exceptions and nothing off limits for decades and we the people would never vote anyone into office who ran on that.

It is important. You want to join the Tea Party?

We started the Tea Party. Guys like this killed it.
The only honest person in the Tea party was Joe Walsh. He must have felt like an idiot when he found out it wasn't on the level, just a grifter exercise and a way to obstruct Obama.

Looks like you fell for it though!
4i6Ckte.gif

Continued...

Because when Democrats spend big taxpayer's money, only the fringe element and the party elitists benefit.

But when Republicans spend big taxpayer's money, all Americans reap the benefit.

Flame suit on.

Remember the time Pelosi was impeaching Trump, yet gave him everything he wanted in what was then the largest spending bill in American history?

I posted that bill here, as I recall. Crickets...

Actually, what they did was wrap 13 bills into bill. Which is a complete bastardization of the legislative process itself.

Last edited:
I've read your posts.

But please link to Democrats obsessing over the debt the minute Republicans take office. I'll check back, okey-doke?

Come to think of it, you're actually right, I haven't heard the dems complain at all about it. Hm. I'll have to edit the vice versa part out.

Continued...

Noticed, eh. When Democrats are in power, the republicans become fiscal hawks and the party of "NO". If they are in power, there is spending like drunken sailors, who have not been in port for a while.

That's because they know the next Democratic government will sort it out so they can wreck it again...it's the Circle of Life.

There's no 'vice versa' here, Mr. Both Sides.

I'm neither side.
I've read your posts.

But please link to Democrats obsessing over the debt the minute Republicans take office. I'll check back, okey-doke?

Come to think of it, youre actually right, I haven't heard the dems complain at all about it. Hm. I'll have to edit the vice versa part out.
That's all I'm saying. Democrats don't obsess over the debt. Republicans don't obsess over people dying from no healthcare. Viva le difference.

Continued...

That's because they know the next Democratic government will sort it out so they can wreck it again...it's the Circle of Life.

I wish these upcoming tax increases could be put towards Trump's additional $7 Trillion on the debt and $1 Trillion on the deficit (fiscal conservatives
qQVgqH1.gif
) but it will have to wait: first President Biden will have to clean up all of Trump's other messes.

The President alone cant do much. Repubs were last party to try to do anything but ya all thought Teabaggers were crazy.....quit your whining and pay up

" Other Reasons Public Put On Policies Ignore "

* It Is The Economy Stupid Meme *

The President alone cant do much. Repubs were last party to try to do anything but ya all thought Teabaggers were crazy.....quit your whining and pay up
Much as it the republican party of the day , the tea baggers were inundated with anti-choice for abortion and the left to middle would not yield to them any ground .

New Topics

Forum List

Back