Why is Tesla hated so much?

I understand that many people do not want to buy an EV. So they shouldn't buy an EV.

I understand that the current electrical grid cannot handle the load if most people drove EVs. But then, there are significant portions of the electrical grid cannot handle our current needs. It needs to be upgraded and expanded. That has been true for many years.

I don't like Ford Motor Co. Not because of some political nonsense, but because I have owned 2 Fords and both have been pieces of shit. So I don't buy Fords. It is that simple.

But Tesla has become one of the most valuable companies on the planet. They have innovated the EV market. While they did not have the first commercially available EV, what came before them was more of a commuter novelty than a good option for a vehicle. I had a friend with a Volt. The range, on a full charge, was around 50 miles.

So why all the hatred for an American car company?

Their cars were at least original way overpriced for what they were but they are more than just a car company. I don't particularly like their cars. Their energy storage/solar company interests me a little. I considered a powerwall but will wait until competition drives prices down. I personally think that they would be more desireable if they could be put outside. I would rather not risk a lithium fire near my sock and underwear drawer. I'm peculiar like that.

Forum List

Back