CDZ Why Is It?

Good question. I mean, fuck old folks that can't work any more and PAID INTO the system all their lives. Yet, bring on over some illegals, feed and clothe them, who haven't paid diddly squat.

• Banned
Good question. I mean, fuck old folks that can't work any more and PAID INTO the system all their lives. Yet, bring on over some illegals, feed and clothe them, who haven't paid diddly squat.
Its time I think to call in an idiot to explain why. Excuse me...
Matthew care to explain this?

images

Most likely what's going to happen is the government will create or lower the means bar on people that prepared, most of their lives, to supplement their SSI with additional retirement income. So if you scrimped, saved, and made smart choices, to live more comfortably than others the means bar will allow the government to cut into the SSI and benefits you were supposed to receive because now you'll make to much.

If this happens those at the lower end of the financial spectrum will lose again by having less than they expected when they retire.

Progressives love to redistribute the wealth.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Last edited:
  • Banned
images

Most likely what's going to happen is the government will create or lower the means bar on people that prepared, most of their lives, to supplement their SSI with additional retirement income. So if you scrimped, saved, and made smart choices, to live more comfortably than others the means bar will allow the government to cut into the SSI and benefits you were supposed to receive because now you'll make to much.

If this happens those at the lower end of the financial spectrum will lose again by having less than they expected when they retire.

*****SMILE*****

People invested in social security but not welfare. Everyone says its running out of money but overseas aid is never out of money.
I can't really think of any government aid program going broke by their claims only the citizens invested ones.

Vets invested their lives and their health in a government program {military} and yet its going broke and not Syrian refugees?

I was going to tweet this but there is no tweet button. Maybe cuz its in the CDZ?

It's a safer bet to buy votes from foreigners through welfare than to give the elderly back the money they've already paid into the system whose vote is not guaranteed.

images

*****SMILE*****

People invested in social security but not welfare. Everyone says its running out of money but overseas aid is never out of money.
I can't really think of any government aid program going broke by their claims only the citizens invested ones.

Vets invested their lives and their health in a government program {military} and yet its going broke and not Syrian refugees?

images

I agree. Perhaps you're missing my point.....

Do you think the people representing us care?

Right now the growing voting base are those on welfare who demand to be taken care of by the government. While those who didn't save for retirement could care less if someone who did plan and save will not have that extra cushion. Both these groups represent a large percentage of the voting base.

Who do you think they're going to screw?

EXAMPLE: My vet benefits continue to be cut and because I make somewhat more than other vets I pay more because the government determined my means will allow me to pay more for those services... Tomorrow the government could arbitrarily decide that I need to pay 50% more for those services even if my overall income didn't change but they determine my current means would allow me to pay more.

“Already long ago, from when we sold our vote to no man, the People have abdicated our duties; for the People who once upon a time handed out military command, high civil office, legions — everything, now restrains itself and anxiously hopes for just two things: bread and circuses.” – Juvenal (Satire 10.77–81)

*****SMILE*****

Last edited:
It's a safer bet to buy votes from foreigners through welfare than to give the elderly back the money they've already paid into the system whose vote is not guaranteed.
Every time the government invests the PEOPLES money we lose money.
Solyndra.....went broke.
Post office....always in debt.
Amtrack.....always losing money.
General Motors....we sold the stock back at a LOSS.

Iran got its money back PLUS interest! How come we are the only ones losing?

Every election we hear that social security is running out of money but never welfare is running out of money?

The answer is simple. Social Security has a requirement to make payments to people who contribute to it, and it operates under the "pay as you go," or pension fund, model. It was originally formed using the "savings account" model, and had its funding approach stayed that way, it would not run out of money. Demographic shifts that result in too few folks paying into it "now" can result in there being too little money coming in to sustain the payments the program is committed to make. It is the unfunded liability that accountants and actuaries see coming that gives rise to the statement "Social Security is running out of money." (a more comprehensive discussion of pension accounting is here: http://www.actuary.org/pdf/pension/fundamentals_0704.pdf)

Welfare on the other hand has no requirement to make payments to people on the basis of their having contributed to a welfare fund. Whereas we can choose to pay or not pay welfare benefits, we cannot do so with Social Security (SSI) for practical, legal and political reasons. If we were to fail to pay people who worked and made contributions to SSI, we'd find ourselves facing open nationwide revolt by the overwhelming majority of the citizenry. That's not about to happen no matter how much welfare the government declines to make available, and it won't because (1) the people on welfare just don't have the political or physical means to successfully mount such a thing, and (2) welfare supporters who do have such power (or potential power) aren't going to "cut off their nose to spite their face" over welfare, no matter how much they scream and shout about the immorality of even the most extreme reduction in moneys doled out under it.

Last edited:
Every election we hear that social security is running out of money but never welfare is running out of money?

False comparison. You can make that with almost ANYTHING the government spends money on. Why is we cannot afford welfare, but we can afford wars? Why is we cannot afford welfare, but we can afford GOP pork projects. The list goes on.

I agree with the complaints about veterans not getting taken care of while Syrian refugees are. I think that is a disgrace and that could ALL be solved by Republicans since they control the house and the senate. What have they done about it?

False comparison. You can make that with almost ANYTHING the government spends money on. Why is we cannot afford welfare, but we can afford wars? Why is we cannot afford welfare, but we can afford GOP pork projects. The list goes on.

I agree with the complaints about veterans not getting taken care of while Syrian refugees are. I think that is a disgrace and that could ALL be solved by Republicans since they control the house and the senate. What have they done about it?
Same thing the party before has done, nothing. Its NOT a party issue, its priority's.

One cannot expect 'clean debate' when the thread premise fails as a false comparison fallacy.

In fairness, the OP just asks a question. It may be a legitimate inquiry rather than some sort of veiled attempt to lambaste welfare or SSI. We'll see...
I did not ask this question to be partisan. I asked it because we have been losing our ass for a long time now.

Well, I replied with an objective, non-partisan answer to your question.

Forum List

Back