Why is it conservatives always say the government can't do that?

IDNeon

Feb 3, 2015
What can and can't the government do?

Conservatives seem to be confused.

The government can kill you, and shoot you in the back or strangle you to death on public television especially if you're a fat defenseless black man.

But the government can't provide education for "free".

The government can house more prisoners per capita than North Korea.

But the Government can't house poor people.

The government can bomb the entire world...kill millions of people in wars of imperialism...

But the government can't tell you what to do with your money because you're starving children through your hoarding of capital.

The problem is not what government can and cannot do but what stupid dumb-fuck conservatives believe government should do.

Which is why you will always find a conservative ready to champion the genocide of an entire race or the murder of people in the streets.

But if you tell the 1% what they can do with their billions of dollars you're a fucking lunatic.

The government can kill you, and shoot you in the back or strangle you to death on public television especially if you're a fat defenseless black man.

The government can bomb the entire world...kill millions of people in wars of imperialism...

But the government can't tell you what to do with your money because you're starving children through your hoarding of capital.

The problem is not what government can and cannot do but what stupid dumb-fuck conservatives believe government should do.

Which is why you will always find a conservative ready to champion the genocide of an entire race or the murder of people in the streets.

But if you tell the 1% what they can do with their billions of dollars you're a fucking lunatic.

If the government tells the 1% what they can do with their money, the next step is to tell you what to do with your money. Are you good with that?

Our government is responsible for our clean air, water and on the job workers rights.

The government sent a man to the moon
The government has made it possible to protect the weather 7 to 10 days in the future
The government makes our water cleaner so we don't get sick and sets the standards for our food.

But, yeah the government is worthless and a waste. lol...Why even have a government if all it is going to do is bomb other countries??

(patiently)

Look in the U.S. Constitution.

It says what the Federal government can do.

If something's not in it, the Fed govt can't do it.

And most of the things you're whining about, aren't in it.

If you don't like it, feel free to amend the Constitution.

If you fail, at least you'll learn just how many hundreds of millions of people disagree with you. Look at it as a "teachable moment".

Hope this helps you understand.

(patiently)

If you fail, at least you'll learn just how many hundreds of millions of people disagree with you. Look at it as a "teachable moment".

The constitution is only a rudimentary set of limits open to a process of congressional and judicial interpretation, it does not define the entirety of government. As it is the government can pretty much do whatever it wants as long as it passes the judicial test. It may not be the way you want it but it is the way it is.

Whoa there pardner!! You're getting ahead of yourself,you haven't finished convincing me I shouldnt have two homes in that other thread.

Apparently the government can't educate you.

Hey! That's MISTER stupid dumb-fuck conservative to you, Brotch. :slap:

The government should govern, not tell business or individuals how to conduct their affairs of commerce.

Conservatives represent the oil companies and the 1%.

The government represents the people who vote.

Business without regulation is the Mafia.

The government is the greatest force for good in America.

Look at all the good they do...all our roads, all our public schools and universities, Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, the military, the police, firefighters, EPA, NASA, CDC, NIH, FDA, FBI, etc...

It was greedy corporations that destroyed the world economy in 2008 with a derivatives based Ponzi scheme.....not the government.

Look at all the good they do...all our roads, all our public schools and universities, Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, the military, the police, firefighters, EPA, NASA, CDC, NIH, FDA, FBI, etc...

It was greedy corporations that destroyed the world economy in 2008 with a derivatives based Ponzi scheme.....not the government.
Governments don't make money, they spend it.

Governments invest money...and wisely.

Do you drive on the interstate?

There's a fundamental difference between republicans and democrats on the role government in our society. There are plenty of things a government can do, the question is what should they do.

Yes, I like many others payed the taxes to have government pay someone to build and maintain them. Why so many aren't being maintained is another question. Where did the money go? Oh, right, they invested it in studying the sex life of the spotted snail darter.

Yes, I like many others payed the taxes to have government pay someone to build and maintain them. Why so many aren't being maintained is another question. Where did the money go? Oh, right, they invested it in studying the sex life of the spotted snail darter.
Republicans hate science and education.
It's why the republican states are all poor.

If the government tells the 1% what they can do with their money, the next step is to tell you what to do with your money. Are you good with that?
Yes, if I'm screwing 99% of Americans over with my money then come and tell me what do with my money.

To play your "scarecrow" games...

I'm not ok with the government telling me I can't hang nig-gers.

Why can't I hang darkies? That's an infringement on my rights as a white man.

(patiently)

Government can defend and legalize slavery.

Constitution is a worthless piece of toilet paper that for 150 years defended slave owners who thought and said the same things you say today. Don't touch my money, the money is mine, all mine, go fuck yourself....if you want money go get a job, I inherited my billions of money from my daddy, it's my money you hear boy. Go fuck yourself you jigaboo loving spook.

Forum List

Back