Why is it called "fighting for our freedom"? What freedom can someone take from us half a world awa

buddhallah_the_christ

Dec 4, 2014
Don't mean to offend anyone but can someone explain? But we generally go to a country and has done anything to us and shoot and kill them. My view is that they're defending themselves, how does killing someone who did nothing to us make someone honorable or a hero? I know we say "risking ours lives for our freedom". If Syria came over here shoot at us and our family wouldnt you shoot back? The only ones taking our freedom away with laws are our politicans. What freedoms could the people we fight possibly take from us?

war is peace.
freedom is slavery.
ignorance is strength.

It's all spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, and it works on the stupid, the macho, and the fearful.

Why is it called "fighting for our freedom"? What freedom can someone take from us half a world awa

3,000 former World Trade Center workers were not available for comment.

We should be more concerned about the freedoms that are being usurped from within the White House.
Dead right. That is much more important than illegal invasions, occupations and waging aggressive war.

Do you want to say that we are fighting because of a sense of revenge?
Terrorists who attacked World Trade Center were from Saudi Arabia but the US troops bombed Iraq and Afghanistan.Sanctions were imposed on Iran. Libya was destroyed and the US President Barack Obama went to mourn for the King of Saudi Arabia.
where is the logic?

Don't mean to offend anyone but can someone explain? But we generally go to a country and has done anything to us and shoot and kill them. My view is that they're defending themselves, how does killing someone who did nothing to us make someone honorable or a hero? I know we say "risking ours lives for our freedom". If Syria came over here shoot at us and our family wouldnt you shoot back? The only ones taking our freedom away with laws are our politicans. What freedoms could the people we fight possibly take from us?

Well... there's this:

Do you want to say that we are fighting because of a sense of revenge?
Terrorists who attacked World Trade Center were from Saudi Arabia but the US troops bombed Iraq and Afghanistan.Sanctions were imposed on Iran. Libya was destroyed and the US President Barack Obama went to mourn for the King of Saudi Arabia.
where is the logic?

"We" are not fighting. Americans are fighting the Ideological Left and it's religious arm Islam.

Last edited:
I absolutely agree 110%. I have been saying the exact same thing for years now. My guess is that politicians know of nothing else to use as an excuse for sending our men and women of the armed forces to slaughter. In addition, soldiers come back home after their time is up, and find they have no freedom in their home country. We are a shameful example of everything freedom stands for. If anyone doubts it, go check out the number of innocent citizens in our jails and prisons. Or, fail to stop at a check point on the highway and see how much freedom you have to travel our roads and highways. Or, tell a cop that you'd love to answer his questions but you're late for a doctor appointment.

I absolutely agree 110%. I have been saying the exact same thing for years now. My guess is that politicians know of nothing else to use as an excuse for sending our men and women of the armed forces to slaughter. In addition, soldiers come back home after their time is up, and find they have no freedom in their home country. We are a shameful example of everything freedom stands for. If anyone doubts it, go check out the number of innocent citizens in our jails and prisons. Or, fail to stop at a check point on the highway and see how much freedom you have to travel our roads and highways. Or, tell a cop that you'd love to answer his questions but you're late for a doctor appointment.
:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Half a world away means nothing since the advent of ICBMs with nuke warheads.
Yep. BUT, our government had much rather allow those to sit and collect dust while our men and women of the armed forces are killed fighting senseless deadly costly wars. Our soldiers are not as valuable as our weaponry and technology. We can easily sacrifice soldiers, and have been doing so since 1960.

#11- Only moron hater dupes. As opposed to chickenhawk idiot Booshies and the ugly American chumps, we're now fighting terrorists and for democracy and human rights- which the majority of people everywhere want. And to fix the world economy messed up by greedy moron Pubs, which has made jihad a great career choice. You're all the American disgrace.

Neither are 60,000 soldiers who died in Vet Nam, 5,000 that died in Iraq, and the count continues in Afghanistan. Besides, destroying Iraq didn't solve the issue, nor did it punish the ones responsible for 9/11.

#11- Only moron hater dupes. As opposed to chickenhawk idiot Booshies and the ugly American chumps, we're now fighting terrorists and for democracy and human rights- which the majority of people everywhere want. And to fix the world economy messed up by greedy moron Pubs, which has made jihad a great career choice. You're all the American disgrace.
Obviously you watch too many movies and listen to way too many politicians.

The military industrial complex sees omen to be made. Do they care about the troops? I doubt it.

Forum List

Back