Why is it always Muslims?

Leaders are not excluded from praying and speaking with God, especially the president of the US and the leader of the free world, who can order the world's deadliest military force at a snap of his finger. But I doubt the Muslim born atheist we have in office ever prays or speaks to God at all.

The invasion of Iraq was a national security issue, it had nothing to do with Bush's religion.

Nobody actually speaks to God because there is no God.

Some people speak to voices in their heads, but we have medicines for that now. It's probably a bad idea to let them make decisions to go to war.

In your opinion, there is no god.

so when God told Bush to go to war in Iraq, was he just punking the guy?

regardless of what Bush dreamed up, do you think America went to war in the name of Jesus ? You think our troops believed the whole affair was about Christians versus Muslims ?

regardless of what Bush dreamed up, do you think America went to war in the name of Jesus ? You think our troops believed the whole affair was about Christians versus Muslims ?

no more than I think that they went to war over "Mohammed'.

All wars, at the end of the day, are fights over resources. The only reason we care about the Middle East is that is where the world gets its oil.

So I pay less attention to the crazy rhetoric and more to the real reasons wars are being fought.

Or we could do the incredibly novel thing of getting ourselves off our Petroleum Addiction and stop empowering these clowns.

Failing that, the next time the CIA comes into the President's office and says, "Hey, this Crazy Person over there is the guy we can really work with!", the President throws him out on his can.

Since that is pretty much what the CIA told Reagan about Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein in the 1980's.

Charlie Hebdo was an equal opportunity satirist. Here he is mocking of all three faiths in one cartoon.

Yet only Muslim animals react the way they do.

Screen-Shot-2015-01-07-at-8.30.21-AM.png

Your question only works within a narrow context since Christians have a long history of killing each other for no good reason at all.

Bullshit, you didn't answer my question. Christians and Jews aren't killing people because someone offended their religion or prophet.

No one was ever killed by the Christian Church for heresy or blasphemy?

Are you sure about that?

We are talking about modern times. I know you are dying to rehash the crusades as justification. Funny part is the crusades would have never started had Muslims not invaded Christian a Europe and the Holy Land.

Strike three and you're out.

no more than I think that they went to war over "Mohammed'.

All wars, at the end of the day, are fights over resources. The only reason we care about the Middle East is that is where the world gets its oil.

So I pay less attention to the crazy rhetoric and more to the real reasons wars are being fought.

Or we could do the incredibly novel thing of getting ourselves off our Petroleum Addiction and stop empowering these clowns.

Failing that, the next time the CIA comes into the President's office and says, "Hey, this Crazy Person over there is the guy we can really work with!", the President throws him out on his can.

Since that is pretty much what the CIA told Reagan about Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein in the 1980's.

Real reasons Muslims are at war with the West is to establish Islamic Caliphates all over the globe. That's what they are saying loud and clear. It's been the same reason for the last 1400 years: the world must submit to Islam or else.

Only since I'm part of this progression of dialog....

I'm not at all convinced this is in fact a religious war.

What solutions, military or otherwise...that are not currently available...would appear if Christians were "truly united"

Are you talking about mobilizing Christian soldiers, marching as to war? as one might say?

Oh it's a religious war, whether you are convinced of it or not. It began about about 35 years ago with the Islamic revolution of Iran and has continued until this day. There are many in the West that keep shoving their heads in the sand, despite constant reminders. That won't make the supremacist Jihadists cease and desist from creating Islamic terrorist Caliphates across the world.

I am not talking about a war at all. Although a few military confrontations using extreme force might be necessary (because that is the only language Jihadists seem to respond to), most of what is needed can be done through legislation and identifying the enemy, it's nature, and how it multiplies. As they say "drain the swamp" that creates this kind of mindset.. Muslims in the West must agree to coexist and accept the laws and culture of the countries they have immigrated to, or get the fuck out. That's exactly what the mayor of Rotterdam, a Muslim himself said:

I'm surprised you think what you call a "religious war" started after the Iranian Hostage Crisis, and their revolution. Have you completely forgotten about Israel in 1947?

Which of Obama's few military confrontations using extreme force were inadequate to you? And exactly what else should he do. Please try to answer this with specifics. I know very well you have a problem with "leadership"...so I'm interested in EXACTLY what military confrontations he should do, that he hasn't already

Today's religious war was started with the Iranian revolution, and the establishment of the modern Islamic state ruled by Shiite clerics practicing pure Islam. Iran then began spreading their supremacist version of Shiite Jihadism and Islamic terror throughout the region and the world. The Sunni Muslims then countered the Shiite threat by creating their own version of pure Sunni Islamists via the Muslim brotherhood and Wahabbism, which gave rise to jihadists like Al Queda, Taliban, Hamas, etc.

In essence, these Islamic terrorist groups want to establish their own Caliphates aka Iskamic states in the regions they are active, which are ruled by a Caliph aka Islamic terrorist leader such as Al Bagdadi of ISIS, or the leader of Al Queda in Yemen, or leader of Boko Haram in Africa, or Hamas in Gaza, etc. In other words they want to go back to the 7th century, and are doing exactly what Muslims did to achieve those Caliphates.

We have been in a religious war whether people like you accept it or like it.
Fine...go ahead and call it what you like, it doesn't change what it is.

Now...Which of Obama's few military confrontations using extreme force were inadequate to you? And exactly what else should he do. Please try to answer this with specifics. I know very well you have a problem with "leadership"...so I'm interested in EXACTLY what military confrontations he should do, that he hasn't already

He's already fucked it up, and it can't be repaired, because he has no CREDIBILITY left internationally, and domestically. When Obama drew a red line for Syria and failed to act many times, when he refused to back the protesters in Iran, when he removed American troops too early from Iraq, leaving a vacuum which was filled by ISIS, when he virtually pushed Mubarek out of office to be replaced by radical Muslim Brotherhood, etc. These are all examples of what led to where we are today.

Look, the rise of modern Islamic fundamentalism, Jihadism and Muslim terrorism began with the Islamic revolution of Iran 1979. That was the opening salvo. It was Carter's weakness (another fuckup much like Obama,but probably not as bad) that caused a series of unfortunate events to occur which was due to a perceived weakness in the White House by our enemies, triggering the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, which led to Sunni Jihadism, which led to Osama Bin Laden and the Taliban takeover of Afghanistan, and we are where we are today. Therefore our enemies today preceive Obama much like they did back in the Carter days, an indecisive weak ideologue paper tiger. Islamists are and have been in a religious war with the US and the West, whether or not you like it or admit it.
Okay, so do what with the Iranians greens?....stay in Iraq, and Afganistan?

A non specific, and two things that he didn't run on.

I don't agree, nor am I impressed.

But thanks for responding, sort of

Real reasons Muslims are at war with the West is to establish Islamic Caliphates all over the globe. That's what they are saying loud and clear. It's been the same reason for the last 1400 years: the world must submit to Islam or else.

You know what, I work with some Muslims, and not a one of them every talked to me about a Caliphate.

Imagine that.

You know what, I work with some Muslims, and not a one of them every talked to me about a Caliphate.

Imagine that.

depends on your relationship with them. aspects of your personality and theirs and the kind of work you do.

Other beliefs are not routinely terrorizing the world in the name of their god and prophet.

Really, so When Bush said God told him to invade Iraq, and we inflicted a decade of death and misery on that country, you don't think that was terrorizing the world?

Leaders are not excluded from praying and speaking with God, especially the president of the US and the leader of the free world, who can order the world's deadliest military force at a snap of his finger. But I doubt the Muslim born atheist we have in office ever prays or speaks to God at all.

The invasion of Iraq was a national security issue, it had nothing to do with Bush's religion.
Muslim born Atheist.....

You're just pretending to be rational, aren't you...

t
Charlie Hebdo was an equal opportunity satirist. Here he is mocking all three faiths in one cartoon.

Yet only Muslim animals react the way they do.

Screen-Shot-2015-01-07-at-8.30.21-AM.png
Religious extremism, and even religious conservatism, is the problem.

The difference is only the scope and severity of the reaction to moral outrage.

Muslim extremists seem to use killing to try and stop people bad mouthing Islam.

Bill O'Reilly seems to use shame to try and stop people bad mouthing Christianity.

Please don't start about how Christians don't kill people for A,B, and C, but Muslims do for A, B, and C....because that's not my point and I already accept that.

I'm talking about the root cause of the killing, and it's moral outrage fueled by religion.

And while the horse has left the barn for Islam, I see the religious right in the US opening the barn door and getting the horse ready. I feel like the terrorists win when isolated terrorism causes people on this site to suggest entire populations and religions are evil

Oh Puhleeze, you're just too fucking stupid to bother arguing with.
My Grandpa, a WWI vet, had a great saying that explains dangerous people like you. And I quote:

"When angry people stop talking, they usually start fighting"

I'm not supporting appeasement of the terrorist, rather we should kill every last one of them wherever we find them.

What I'm supporting is keeping dialog open with the Muslims that aren't terrorists, but capitulate to, and DO NOT actively resist the terrorists. If we start saying all Muslims are bad, we make enemies of them too, and the terrorists win.

See, people as stupid, and angry as you, are the terrorist's best weapon against the rest of us

We can't treat terrorism on a case by case basis. There are 1.6 billion Muslims in this world. Time will come to an end before we sort out the terrorists from the ones that don't want to kill anyone. Your plan is a prescription for paralysis.

Whether all Muslims are bad, there isn't a single credible reason for letting more of them immigrate to this country. I don't really care if most of them don't want to kill me.

Other beliefs are not routinely terrorizing the world in the name of their god and prophet.

Really, so When Bush said God told him to invade Iraq, and we inflicted a decade of death and misery on that country, you don't think that was terrorizing the world?

Muslim born Atheist.....

Your belief that your "rational" is amusing. I think you have confused rationality with being a pompous ass.

Muslim born Atheist.....

Many Muslims have become atheists after realizing what Islam and its followers have come to represent. Is this news to you? I personally know three Muslims like that.

Imagine that.

depends on your relationship with them. aspects of your personality and theirs and the kind of work you do.

You know, you have a point. I also used to work with a Jehovah's Witness who just couldn't stop trying to push her religious bullshit on me.

I told her I'd love to be a Jehovah's Witness, but I didn't see the accident.

Yes, firing rockets, ineffective or not, at innocent civilians is a justification for killing you.

Your right. It's a lot more sensible than actually living in a place where they AREN'T trying to kill you.
I'm not sure I follow that.

Because you're stupid?

Living in a place where the people who already live there are going to kill you because you stole their land is kind of stupid. Doing it because a Magic Fairy In The Sky said so is even stupider.

One need look no further than the content of Q'uran and Hadith and the manner in which they spread from Arabia like a cancer and the barbarism of their cultures.

Muslim born Atheist.....

Many Muslims have become atheists after realizing what Islam and its followers have come to represent. Is this news to you? I personally know three Muslims like that.
Oh God...another righty who knows a few Muslims.

First, I don't believe you.

Second, righties always say they have this black friend who thinks the Democrats are trying to keep them down.

Or they have a gay friend who is against gay marriage

Or a Muslim who hates Islam

Yeah....sure ya do.

One need look no further than the content of Q'uran and Hadith and the manner in which they spread from Arabia like a cancer and the barbarism of their cultures.

Again, Christianity has been responsible for Imperialism, the Native genocides of the Americas and Australia, and two world wars... if anyone is bothering to keep score.

"Gott Mitt Uns!"

Again, Christianity has been responsible for Imperialism, the Native genocides of the Americas and Australia, and two world wars... if anyone is bothering to keep score.

"Gott Mitt Uns!"

And once again all's you can do is point to past atrocities that no one currently living is connected to.
This isn't about "keeping score", it's about WHERE the threat of terrorist acts is coming from TODAY, and TODAY the threat is coming from the members of ONE religion. I-S-L-A-M !!!

New Topics

Forum List

Back