Why is ISIS fighting against Taliban terror?

Nope. They are Pashtun Deobandi.
Yes, just a short search told me that. However I remember reading about what I spoke of in the Afghan's women's resistance so I accept that the Taliban were originally Pashtum and had apparently been around for a while but certainly my reading has told me that the Afghan Refugee children were basically taught to be Taliban fighters. Their parents agreed to them going to these schools because they got well fed while they were there and the parents were unable to provide this. Will try to find some proof when I have time.

Yes, just a short search told me that. However I remember reading about what I spoke of in the Afghan's women's resistance so I accept that the Taliban were originally Pashtum and had apparently been around for a while but certainly my reading has told me that the Afghan Refugee children were basically taught to be Taliban fighters. Their parents agreed to them going to these schools because they got well fed while they were there and the parents were unable to provide this. Will try to find some proof when I have time.
OK. while there was plenty of information on this last time I looked that is not the situation now. I cannot for the time being think of any more keywords. In order to even see this one I had to sign up for a 7 day free trial of the Washington post.

"The Taliban indoctrinates kids with jihadist textbooks paid for by the U.S.​

After the United States helped chase out the Taliban government in Afghanistan in 2001, it came across a legacy of its earlier intervention in the region. As The Washington Post reported in 2002, the United States had spent millions of dollars beginning in the 1980s to produce and disseminate anti-Soviet textbooks for Afghan schoolchildren. The books encouraged a jihadist outlook, which was useful propaganda at the time for a Washington driven by the imperatives of the Cold War

As The Washington Post reported in 2002, the United States had spent millions of dollars beginning in the 1980s to produce and disseminate anti-Soviet textbooks for Afghan schoolchildren. The books encouraged a jihadist outlook, which was useful propaganda at the time for a Washington driven by the imperatives of the Cold War.

"The primers, which were filled with talk of jihad and featured drawings of guns, bullets, soldiers and mines, have served since then as the Afghan school system's core curriculum," The Post reported. "Even the Taliban used the American-produced books, though the radical movement scratched out human faces in keeping with its strict fundamentalist code."

Printed both in Pashto and Dari, Afghanistan's two major languages, books such as "The Alphabet for Jihad Literacy" were produced under the auspices of the U.S. Agency for International Development by the University of Nebraska at Omaha and smuggled into Afghanistan through networks built by the CIA and Pakistan's military intelligence agency, the ISI.
in a recent book, Burde raises the issue of the continued presence of these books as part of her research on the unintended consequences of foreign aid policies in countries riven by conflict.
In an interview with NPR last week, she explained the calculations made by American Cold War strategists who sponsored these jihadist texts.

Picture yourself in the mid-'80s. Preventing and countering Soviet expansion was a single-minded focus in the United States and across the West. After the balance of power shifted and the shah of Iran was overthrown, there was an enormous amount of suffering among the Afghan people, and an exodus of epic proportions, similar to the Syrian refugee crisis today. There was a lot of outpouring of support on both the right and the left for Afghans struggling against the Soviet occupation.
As part of this war effort and consistent with the spirit and goals of the time, the alphabet of jihad literacy tried to solidify the links between violence and religious obligation. "

I think I have put in sufficient to give the important things in the article as most people will not be paying a subscription to the Washington Post.

This article concentrates on the US part in it. It does say that the kids were taught to fight which goes with what I have heard before. I heard fight with the Taliban who made Afghanistan a place of hell especially for women though most certainly for men also. The article doesn't say who wrote the books or taught the children nor go into what schooling was like. It does go into the US involvement and support of these fanatics and how that was not something most Americans knew.

Last edited:
the "schools" were run and curriculum determined by DEOBANDI thugs of both pashtun and pakistani origin. The books were written by----Deobandi
forces

The Taliban were war orphans with very little education.

the "schools" were run and curriculum determined by DEOBANDI thugs of both pashtun and pakistani origin. The books were written by----Deobandi
forces
Deobandi came about in reaction to the British in India and Pakistan.

The Taliban were war orphans with very little education.
the taliban were and are Deobandis from both Afghanistan
and Pakistan. They established schools for impoverished
Afghani children----orphans or just part of the teeming masses
for the purpose of inculcation into their sick cult. They fought
Socviet occupation and the USA idiotically funded them for that
reason.

OK. while there was plenty of information on this last time I looked that is not the situation now. I cannot for the time being think of any more keywords. In order to even see this one I had to sign up for a 7 day free trial of the Washington post.

"The Taliban indoctrinates kids with jihadist textbooks paid for by the U.S.​

After the United States helped chase out the Taliban government in Afghanistan in 2001, it came across a legacy of its earlier intervention in the region. As The Washington Post reported in 2002, the United States had spent millions of dollars beginning in the 1980s to produce and disseminate anti-Soviet textbooks for Afghan schoolchildren. The books encouraged a jihadist outlook, which was useful propaganda at the time for a Washington driven by the imperatives of the Cold War

As The Washington Post reported in 2002, the United States had spent millions of dollars beginning in the 1980s to produce and disseminate anti-Soviet textbooks for Afghan schoolchildren. The books encouraged a jihadist outlook, which was useful propaganda at the time for a Washington driven by the imperatives of the Cold War.

"The primers, which were filled with talk of jihad and featured drawings of guns, bullets, soldiers and mines, have served since then as the Afghan school system's core curriculum," The Post reported. "Even the Taliban used the American-produced books, though the radical movement scratched out human faces in keeping with its strict fundamentalist code."

Printed both in Pashto and Dari, Afghanistan's two major languages, books such as "The Alphabet for Jihad Literacy" were produced under the auspices of the U.S. Agency for International Development by the University of Nebraska at Omaha and smuggled into Afghanistan through networks built by the CIA and Pakistan's military intelligence agency, the ISI.
in a recent book, Burde raises the issue of the continued presence of these books as part of her research on the unintended consequences of foreign aid policies in countries riven by conflict.
In an interview with NPR last week, she explained the calculations made by American Cold War strategists who sponsored these jihadist texts.

Picture yourself in the mid-'80s. Preventing and countering Soviet expansion was a single-minded focus in the United States and across the West. After the balance of power shifted and the shah of Iran was overthrown, there was an enormous amount of suffering among the Afghan people, and an exodus of epic proportions, similar to the Syrian refugee crisis today. There was a lot of outpouring of support on both the right and the left for Afghans struggling against the Soviet occupation.
As part of this war effort and consistent with the spirit and goals of the time, the alphabet of jihad literacy tried to solidify the links between violence and religious obligation. "

I think I have put in sufficient to give the important things in the article as most people will not be paying a subscription to the Washington Post.

This article concentrates on the US part in it. It does say that the kids were taught to fight which goes with what I have heard before. I heard fight with the Taliban who made Afghanistan a place of hell especially for women though most certainly for men also. The article doesn't say who wrote the books or taught the children nor go into what schooling was like. It does go into the US involvement and support of these fanatics and how that was not something most Americans knew.
I knew----because way back in the 60s and 70s and counting I had friends and colleagues educated in Pakistan and India---muslims who insisted that the Taliban were terrific people doing the Afghanis, the USA and THE WORLD a big favor
by fighting the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan and by establishing a
SHARIAH PARADISE in Afghanistan. They were bankrolled by really stupid
USA government----especially in the critical years----the 1980s. The cessation
of that bankrolling left the southeast asian muslims EMBITTERED. The islamic
saint---Bin Laden---sought refuge in the AFGHANI SHARIAH PARADISE

I knew----because way back in the 60s and 70s and counting I had friends and colleagues educated in Pakistan and India---muslims who insisted that the Taliban were terrific people doing the Afghanis, the USA and THE WORLD a big favor
by fighting the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan and by establishing a
SHARIAH PARADISE in Afghanistan. They were bankrolled by really stupid
USA government----especially in the critical years----the 1980s. The cessation
of that bankrolling left the southeast asian muslims EMBITTERED. The islamic
saint---Bin Laden---sought refuge in the AFGHANI SHARIAH PARADISE
There was a time when the Taliban looked like the best hope for Afghanistan after the Communists overthrew the monarchy. Taliban didn't exist in the 1960-70s.

There was a time when the Taliban looked like the best hope for Afghanistan after the Communists overthrew the monarchy. Taliban didn't exist in the 1960-70s.
they existed in the 1980s----their HEYDAY of righteous adulation from
southeast asian muslims and really stupid americans-----unfortunately
including those who DONATED

they existed in the 1980s----their HEYDAY of righteous adulation from
southeast asian muslims and really stupid americans-----unfortunately
including those who DONATED
Not until 1994.

Not until 1994.
wrong---the URDU speaking pakistanis called them TALIBAN and proudly
cited the fact that many were students off the campuses of Pakistani colleges
who volunteered in the noble pursuit of a shariah paradise in Afghanistan---
way back in the 1980s. ---some even claimed relatives and friends in the
motley group

I understand the Taliban came from the Afghan Refugees. They were educated by the Saudis. As for the rest, Abdul Haq who wanted democracy and was the last Afghan who could get the support and trust of all the Afghans, learnt English so that he could go to the US and ask them to stop supporting the Arabs who had largely come out of Arab jails and start supporting the fighters from Afghanistan. He said the Arabs were creating a situation of Muslim against Muslim and were extreme, Not only was the US providing them with weapons and training, they knew just what they were like. The US supported the extremists rather than the Afghans working for a Democratic Afghanistan because they knew that unlike the Afghan's they were far less likely to come to a peace treaty with Russia so would continue fighting.
The most selective nonsense, as far from reality as it is even possible

The most selective nonsense, as far from reality as it is even possible
alexa's rant did contain a little grain of truth.
In the 1980s the USA did fund the Deobandi
slugs of Afghanistan and Pakistan because they
advocated resistance against SOVIET aggression
in afghanistan. The Deobandi filth does have its
roots in arab filth but the people involved
were not arabs---the leaders were mostly
Pakistanis and Afghanis. Support by the USA
in the 1980s was a HUGE MISTAKE

alexa's rant did contain a little grain of truth.
In the 1980s the USA did fund the Deobandi
slugs of Afghanistan and Pakistan because they
advocated resistance against SOVIET aggression
in afghanistan. The Deobandi filth does have its
roots in arab filth but the people involved
were not arabs---the leaders were mostly
Pakistanis and Afghanis. Support by the USA
in the 1980s was a HUGE MISTAKE
I'm not sure that deobandi exists now, but the Reagan administration armed the fighters for freedom and independence - the Mujahideen, who, among other things, fought with the Taliban faggots.

I'm not sure that deobandi exists now, but the Reagan administration armed the fighters for freedom and independence - the Mujahideen, who, among other things, fought with the Taliban faggots.
Deobandi is a kind of school of thought in Sunni
islam that DOES exist in southeast asia. Da DEOBANDIS is da MUJAHADEEN and is da
TALIBAN {faggots} theoretically they oppose
"terrorism" (yet to be defined as such)

Deobandi is a kind of school of thought in Sunni
islam that DOES exist in southeast asia. Da DEOBANDIS is da MUJAHADEEN and is da
TALIBAN {faggots} theoretically they oppose
"terrorism" (yet to be defined as such)
Senseless nonsense. Deobandi were previously Islamic movements against Britain and terrorists. Now there are no deobandists, and Reagan financed the Freedom Fighters against pashtuns and soviet totalitarianism - Northern Alliance.

Forum List

Back