Why is Impeachment driviing the market up?

All the tards can do is give a sheepish grin when faced with FACTS.
It's funny, but it's not funny.

I've seen one of them blame Obama for the 9.9% unemployment rate in 2019, and I'll bet many more do, too.

There are no words for this.
I've seen people on this forum claim Obama was president when the market crashed.

Talk about ODS!
I had one of them post this as a comparison. And they believe it's a perfectly legitimate comparison. They're not kidding. This is not good.

Source: Post 141, Is Trump better than Lincoln?

upload_2019-12-5_16-47-9-png.293381

I've seen one of them blame Obama for the 9.9% unemployment rate in 2019, and I'll bet many more do, too.

I've seen people on this forum claim Obama was president when the market crashed.

Talk about ODS!
I had one of them post this as a comparison. And they believe it's a perfectly legitimate comparison. They're not kidding. This is not good.

It's not accurate because true unemployment was much higher than 9.9%, due to so many falling off unemployment roles and many out of the work place.

Talk about ODS!

It's not accurate because true unemployment was much higher than 9.9%, due to so many falling off unemployment roles and many out of the work place.
Serious question: Do you really believe that's an accurate and intellectually honest representation of the economy under the Obama administration?

I'll believe your answer.

The impeachment is making sure that the enemies of economy - the democrats - will lose the next election. Great news for stock market and the future of America in general.

Make the election as great or even greater than in the UK.

Talk about ODS!

If I'm not mistaken the BLS just quit counting those whose benefits ran out and gave up looking for work, during the Obama years.

Talk about ODS!

If I'm not mistaken the BLS just quit counting those whose benefits ran out and gave up looking for work, during the Obama years.

You are of course mistaken.

U3 (official unemployment number) never counted those that are not looking for work as unemployed.

U6 tracks underemployment and does count those that gave up looking due to market conditions.

none of that changed under Obama or Trump.

Talk about ODS!

U3 (official unemployment number) never counted those that are not looking for work as unemployed.

U6 tracks underemployment and does count those that gave up looking due to market conditions.

Deception in Counting the Unemployed

"Hindery says up front that the BLS only notes those specifically looking for work. That may make sense to some -- until one learns who is left out.

According to the Hindery report, those who are left under the rug of America's unemployment mess are a number of discouraged workers who have given up looking for work and partially-employed workers. He notes those that BLS does not include are:

a. Marginally attached workers, of whom there are now 2.6 million. These are workers who, "while wanting and available for jobs, have not searched for work in the past four weeks but have searched for work in the past twelve months." Currently included among them are 1.0 million "discouraged workers" who did not look for work specifically because "they believe there are no jobs available or none for which they would qualify."

b. Part-time-of-necessity workers, of whom there are now 8.2 million, are workers unable to find full-time jobs or who've had their hours cut back. These workers are often referred to as the "underemployed".
The zinger from the Hindery unemployment assessment is that:

In June 2013, the number of Real Unemployed Persons increased by 757,000 to 22.6 million and the Real Unemployment Rate increased by 0.4% to 14.3%, reflecting large increases in the number of "marginally attached" and "part-time-of-necessity" workers.
In other words, BLS reports that official unemployment stayed flat at 7.6% while Hindery's more extensive figures show that real unemployment increased by 0.4% to 14.3%.

In June 2013, the number of Real Unemployed Persons increased by 757,000 to 22.6 million and the Real Unemployment Rate increased by 0.4% to 14.3%, reflecting large increases in the number of "marginally attached" and "part-time-of-necessity" workers.
In other words, BLS reports that official unemployment stayed flat at 7.6% while Hindery's more extensive figures show that real unemployment increased by 0.4% to 14.3%.."

Talk about ODS!

Deception in Counting the Unemployed

"Hindery says up front that the BLS only notes those specifically looking for work. That may make sense to some -- until one learns who is left out.

According to the Hindery report, those who are left under the rug of America's unemployment mess are a number of discouraged workers who have given up looking for work and partially-employed workers. He notes those that BLS does not include are:

a. Marginally attached workers, of whom there are now 2.6 million. These are workers who, "while wanting and available for jobs, have not searched for work in the past four weeks but have searched for work in the past twelve months." Currently included among them are 1.0 million "discouraged workers" who did not look for work specifically because "they believe there are no jobs available or none for which they would qualify."

b. Part-time-of-necessity workers, of whom there are now 8.2 million, are workers unable to find full-time jobs or who've had their hours cut back. These workers are often referred to as the "underemployed".

In other words, BLS reports that official unemployment stayed flat at 7.6% while Hindery's more extensive figures show that real unemployment increased by 0.4% to 14.3%.

In other words, BLS reports that official unemployment stayed flat at 7.6% while Hindery's more extensive figures show that real unemployment increased by 0.4% to 14.3%.."

Dude, BLS U5 and U6 numbers SPECIFICALLY TRACK DISCOURAGED WORKERS.

It's not rocket science

KNOW YOUR HR STUFF: The Difference Between U3/U5/U6 Unemployment Rates

6a00d8345275cf69e201b8d24f2745970c-800wi

These measures remain the same under Bush, Obama and Trump.

Last edited:

Talk about ODS!

Right out of Orwell.

Forum List

Back