Why Is Image So Important?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
So this is the time of year that I watch all four movies of Disney's Halloweentown series, and even though I like them all, I don't like the fact that they changed Marnies for the fourth one. Disney never officially came out and explained this change, but I read somewhere that it was because the original didn't have the right image which explained why it was never explained to her.

That's one of the reasons why I think The Cheetah Girls are underrated. (Besides the music was lit of course) They had different bodies and different nationalities, but all four of them were still a family, or Cheetah sisters as they put it. Which I think is one of their best, if not the best song they have. The beat drops like a basketball, but it also has GREAT lyrics!! :D

Any adult that knows what any of that stuff means needs to get a life.
Not necessarily.

I know what years small battles took place in the Civil War, I can name every town J.E.B. Stuart Raided, I can name random soldiers who fought in WWII, Their names ranks and units, I can name every town that had a bottler of sodas and medicines in some counties, I can remember details on every mask that was featured in the Friday the 13th and Halloween movies, I can remember too many quotes from 21 Jump Street, I can tell you any little detail you want to know about SlipKnoT, I can remember lyrics from Terrorizors "World Downfall" album, I can remember...

We're all nerds about something.

• Banned
Any adult that knows what any of that stuff means needs to get a life.

Huh? Any adult that knows what? Can you give me a little bit more context of what you're referring to?

So this is the time of year that I watch all four movies of Disney's Halloweentown series, and even though I like them all, I don't like the fact that they changed Marnies for the fourth one. Disney never officially came out and explained this change, but I read somewhere that it was because the original didn't have the right image which explained why it was never explained to her.

That's one of the reasons why I think The Cheetah Girls are underrated. (Besides the music was lit of course) They had different bodies and different nationalities, but all four of them were still a family, or Cheetah sisters as they put it. Which I think is one of their best, if not the best song they have. The beat drops like a basketball, but it also has GREAT lyrics!! :D

Uuuuh, I don't know. A marketing plan to make a buck off the easily led and entertained?:dunno:

Huh? Any adult that knows what? Can you give me a little bit more context of what you're referring to?
Disney is a celebration of everything wrong with western media. Buying into their hyper-consumerism propaganda as an adult is pretty sad. Ever go to Disney? Everything is a sham and costs far more than it's worth. Remember that feeling on the way out? At least a thousand dollars lighter, bag full of worthless crap, dragging over-stimulated over-tired brats, really badly needing a drink? That's how actual grown-ups feel about Disney all the time.

Disney is a celebration of everything wrong with western media. Buying into their hyper-consumerism propaganda as an adult is pretty sad. Ever go to Disney? Everything is a sham and costs far more than it's worth. Remember that feeling on the way out? At least a thousand dollars lighter, bag full of worthless crap, dragging over-stimulated over-tired brats, really badly needing a drink? That's how actual grown-ups feel about Disney all the time.

Whatever. To each their own. :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back