• they are democrats (mostly)

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • they are bought and paid for by la raza

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • other (please specific)-10-07

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This thread is just poking fun at democrats, I welcome a poll making fun of republicans, and would happely vote in it.

Im sincerely, just having fun :)

hopefully, nobody takes this poll too seriously.

But everyone should vote, even if your democrat, and then all the republicans have to vote in a democrat made poll, about how much we republicans suck.

I freely admit im annoyed with the republican party, which is why i call myself a conservative.

I feel it's low because they never do anything. Regardless of who's in power. They sit up there and never achieve anything.

This thread is just poking fun at democrats, I welcome a poll making fun of republicans, and would happely vote in it.

Im sincerely, just having fun :)

hopefully, nobody takes this poll too seriously.

But everyone should vote, even if your democrat, and then all the republicans have to vote in a democrat made poll, about how much we republicans suck.

I freely admit im annoyed with the republican party, which is why i call myself a conservative.

You should have had the option "all the above"

I feel it's low because they never do anything. Regardless of who's in power. They sit up there and never achieve anything.

Or considering the Dems have broken every promise they made to get elected - that may have had an impact on their rating

gunny, to be fair, i made a thread about republicans too. This poll, and the one about republicans was made in jest. So i hope nobody gets all pissy at me. this board could use a bit of a sense of humor :eusa_dance:

You missed the "regardless who is in power" part. It doesn't matter which party controls Congress. Congress has accomplished little if anything for several decades. The only thing they manage to do in a timely manner is give themselves raises and/or jack taxes.

You missed the "regardless who is in power" part. It doesn't matter which party controls Congress. Congress has accomplished little if anything for several decades. The only thing they manage to do in a timely manner is give themselves raises and/or jack taxes.

Republicans did soom good things - until the power went to their heads and they forgot what got them into power

Reagan conservatism

What did they do? They got the majority and spent 10 years acting as if they were still the minority, backing down every time the Dems made squealed.

When they took office, they did cut spending, passed welfare reform, and some of the items in the Contract With America

Then they let the power go to their heads and we are stuck with the Dems again

Edging Away From Inner Circle, Pelosi Asserts Authority

By Jonathan Weisman
Washington Post Staff Writer
Monday, July 9, 2007; Page A01

snip

The new Democratic Congress took office in January with a 43 percent approval rating. Since then, its rating has sunk to about the same low levels as President Bush's, a bit below 30 percent. And Pelosi's own approval ratings have slipped, from 48 percent in a March poll by the Pew Research Center for the People and the Press to 36 percent last month in a Los Angeles Times/Bloomberg poll. Over the same time frame, her disapproval ratings climbed from 22 percent to 39 percent.

As the first speaker since Newt Gingrich (R-Ga.) to have to manage a new majority after a switch in party rule, Pelosi came in with an ambitious 100-hour agenda and some challenges that would quickly strain the Democratic caucus: finishing all of the government's domestic budget plans left undone by the Republicans, enacting an ethics program unpopular with many lawmakers and, most important, funding a war most Democrats oppose.

Pelosi faced an inherent conflict -- unite a Democratic majority or fulfill her promises to run a more transparent and bipartisan House. In her first six months, she has chosen the former, not without a price.

Combative Republicans repeatedly tried to use her initial openness against her. They tried to force a vote to end the District's gun ban as a price for giving the city a vote in the House and attempted to make Democrats vote on a GOP resolution declaring that the House would always fund the troops in Iraq, at a time when many liberals wanted to end funding. In both instances, Pelosi pulled the proposals before they were voted on, violating her pledges of bipartisanship but keeping Democratic unity intact.

for the complete article
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/07/08/AR2007070801202.html?hpid=topnews

Forum List

Back