Why is Aunt Becky pleading not guilty ?

If I had kids I would do what I thought was best for them to give them a head start in life. Maybe even bribe someone to get them into a special school.

And if caught you would be looking at federal prison time as well.

If you really want to help them get a head start, why not teach them that school is important and to make good grades so they can get in honestly? I don't think teaching your kids that bribing people for what you want is the best way to go.
The best schools are picky. Having a 4.0 average isn't good enough to get into them.

The school you go to controls your lifetime friendships. I know an idiot whose rich because he has rich friends who like him and throw jobs/money at him because they want him to make it big. The only reason he has money is because of who he knows not what he knows.

You are correct but...

Aunt Becky is already rich. Her two daughters will never have to work a day in their life and they already have connections through their rich father and celebrity mother.

No excuse.

Most of the families that paid the bribes are already rich and connected.

"Federal sentencing guidelines for fraud are primarily based on the amount of money involved, how sophisticated the fraud was what role the person played in the alleged scheme, and whether they were the ‘leader, middle, [or] low-end,'” Pate said.

With that in mind, Loughlin could look at "37-46 months if convicted at trial” and between “27-33 months [if she enters a] guilty plea.”

or she could beat this in court, and spend no time at all.

All it takes is ONE juror to hang the jury.

Frankly, I'm just not seeing what the big deal here is, that rich people can get better stuff than the rest of us, and have more privilege? That's called "America" bitches, and normally you guys all think this is a good thing.

You are correct but...

Aunt Becky is already rich. Her two daughters will never have to work a day in their life and they already have connections through their rich father and celebrity mother.

No excuse.

Most of the families that paid the bribes are already rich and connected.

What's the point of being rich if you can't use it to get privileges? I'm just not seeing the problem here. Trust me, there's a lot of rich people doing a lot worse things to working class folks and it's all legal, I just can't get worked up about this.

Aunt Becky will be very popular in prison

If she ever goes there.

Here's an ugly little secret... we don't send our celebrities to prison, no matter how bad what they did was or how much evidence there is against them. Just ask OJ Simpson or Robert Blake.

1800.jpg

The reason why she got to play Aunt Becky is because she was more appealing and likable than the 100 other actresses who auditioned to play Aunt Becky. She'll make a very compelling witness when she gets on the stand, tells us how much she loves her daughters and how this Singer fellow took advantage of their fears.

Here's the other thing. We are paying all this attention to Loughlin and Huffman because they are TV stars, and not so much to all the rich businessmen who did the same thing or worse.

Time to get a little perspective here, folks. The admissions policies of these colleges are already unfair in so many ways. Just hard to get worked up because your kid was probably going to a community college anyway.

Forum List

Back