CDZ Why Is America Worse Than Other Developed Countries At The Basic Function Of Keeping Its Citizens Alive?

America has a death problem.

No, I’m not just talking about the past year and a half, during which COVID-19 deaths per capita in the United States outpaced those in similarly rich countries, such as Canada, Japan, and France. And I’m not just talking about the past decade, during which drug overdoses skyrocketed in the U.S., creating a social epidemic of what are often called “deaths of despair.”

I’m talking about the past 30 years. Before the 1990s, average life expectancy in the U.S. was not much different than it was in Germany, the United Kingdom, or France. But since the 1990s, American life spans started falling significantly behind those in similarly wealthy European countries.

One very obvious example was left off the list.

One.....we got fat.....many of our poor are fat.....that increases illnesses......we are suffering from the problems of being successful.

America has a death problem.

No, I’m not just talking about the past year and a half, during which COVID-19 deaths per capita in the United States outpaced those in similarly rich countries, such as Canada, Japan, and France. And I’m not just talking about the past decade, during which drug overdoses skyrocketed in the U.S., creating a social epidemic of what are often called “deaths of despair.”

I’m talking about the past 30 years. Before the 1990s, average life expectancy in the U.S. was not much different than it was in Germany, the United Kingdom, or France. But since the 1990s, American life spans started falling significantly behind those in similarly wealthy European countries.

One very obvious example was left off the list.

What the heck is wrong with death? People have been doing it since life began. Besides. just look at the benefits of having say 1/3rd of the US population just drop dead from something like Covid.

Fewer cars on the roads.
Fewer traffic jams
Easier access to super bowl tickets
Housing prices would go down.
Fewer wars.
Less crime
Fewer old people in line at the gas station who can't figure out which $1 scratch off they want.

The benefits completely outweigh the disadvantages.

Costa Rica is the only country in Central America that people are trying to get into, not escape from. The wife of a Costa Rican friend had her second child last year and the out of pocket cost was $150. They disbanded their army in 1948 and wisely redirected the money towards towards health care and education. If you plan on retiring there start doing your homework now because it`s not an easy place to move to. My wife would never leave her children and grand children so I`ll have to settle for frequent visits to that wonderful country.

Costa Rica is fine, if you like lots and lots of rain. Like 6 months out of the year.

The idiotic dumb moronic attitude of "hey I'm an American nobody tells me what to eat and tells me to exercise" is frankly the dumbest attitude ever. That so called "macho" attitude wreaks of imbecility.
BlablaRand.jpg

When you're fat and aggravated by your government, your health suffers. When you believe polls, predictions and statistics nowadays, you're wasting your time to the detriment of your health.

I don`t mind. They`re not all day rains but for 6 months it does rain every day.

I just retired. And because of the housing bubble in Texas, I wanted to find a much more affordable place to live. To give you a clue about Texas now a days, there were people buying/building storage sheds, adding a tiny bath, tiny kitchen, with maybe one cabinet and some used appliances and trying to rent them out for $750 per month.
I started my search in Costa Rico. I was impressed by a lot of things down there.

Forum List

Back