why I won't support Wounded Warriors Project.

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
It gets crazy when you talk about this stuff but here it is anyway. Wounded Warriors has become a glitzy and well advertised charity and usually their ads feature horribly crippled Veterans who deserve our support but WWP also supports PTSD Veterans who claim mental illness but never saw a day of combat. The donations that you assume are targeted to the families of Veterans who come home with horrible wounds are also used to lobby politicians about alleged sexual abuse cases alleged by female reservists. These people might have a case but they do not qualify as Wounded Warriors and it's dishonest to claim that they do.

It gets crazy when you talk about this stuff but here it is anyway. Wounded Warriors has become a glitzy and well advertised charity and usually their ads feature horribly crippled Veterans who deserve our support but WWP also supports PTSD Veterans who claim mentl illness but never saw a day of combat. The donations that you assume are targeted to the families of Veterans who come home with horrible wounds are also used to lobby politicians about alleged sexual abuse cases alleged by female reservists. These people might have a case but they do not qualify as Wounded Warriors and it's dishonest to claim that they do.
So, in your mind....some are more wounded than others.

BTW...did Hannity every do his waterboarding for this charity like he pledged to?

It gets crazy when you talk about this stuff but here it is anyway. Wounded Warriors has become a glitzy and well advertised charity and usually their ads feature horribly crippled Veterans who deserve our support but WWP also supports PTSD Veterans who claim mentl illness but never saw a day of combat. The donations that you assume are targeted to the families of Veterans who come home with horrible wounds are also used to lobby politicians about alleged sexual abuse cases alleged by female reservists. These people might have a case but they do not qualify as Wounded Warriors and it's dishonest to claim that they do.

BTW...did Hannity every do his waterboarding for this charity like he pledged to?
Some are more wounded? That's the point. The Wounded Warriors foundation should support only Purple Heart Veterans.

When people give to organizations such as WWP...

... they expect the money to be used to help wounded veterans...

... not to finance weekend get-togethers for the organizers.

The Hussein administration authorized PTSD pensions to people who never officially experienced an incident that would trigger PTSD symptoms.. Apparently the Hussein administration determined that putting on a Military uniform qualified as an experience that might cause mental illness. It's an insult to the brave men and women who honorably did their time in the Military and moved on in life. All the WWP needs to do is list the expenditures up front including administration costs but so far the expenditures are fuzzy.

The Hussein administration authorized PTSD pensions to people who never officially experienced an incident that would trigger PTSD symptoms.. Apparently the Hussein administration determined that putting on a Military uniform qualified as an experience that might cause mental illness. It's an insult to the brave men and women who honorably did their time in the Military and moved on in life. All the WWP needs to do is list the expenditures up front including administration costs but so far the expenditures are fuzzy.
Would that be like Palin's son? Asking for a friend.

It gets crazy when you talk about this stuff but here it is anyway. Wounded Warriors has become a glitzy and well advertised charity and usually their ads feature horribly crippled Veterans who deserve our support but WWP also supports PTSD Veterans who claim mental illness but never saw a day of combat. The donations that you assume are targeted to the families of Veterans who come home with horrible wounds are also used to lobby politicians about alleged sexual abuse cases alleged by female reservists. These people might have a case but they do not qualify as Wounded Warriors and it's dishonest to claim that they do.
Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but how do you know that they have not seen at least one day of combat?

God bless you and our troops always!!!

Holly

I donate to these people. I've never heard a complaint about them and they focus on brain injuries and PTSD.

Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund
"Brain injuries and PTSD". Is there a connection ?

Idk, seems likely to me. PTSD is real I've seen and interacted with people who have it. Common in sexual assault survivors too.
Almost everyone experiences symptoms of PTSD especially Police Officers and First Response people. If graphic images of carnage could elicit PTSD then every kid in the United States other than the Amish would qualify. The point is that the image that the WWP portrays is genuine Purple Heart Wounded Warriors that people respond to but the actual funding seems to go to projects other than Purple Heart Veterans.

I donate to these people. I've never heard a complaint about them and they focus on brain injuries and PTSD.

Idk, seems likely to me. PTSD is real I've seen and interacted with people who have it. Common in sexual assault survivors too.
Almost everyone experiences symptoms of PTSD especially Police Officers and First Response people. If graphic images of carnage could elicit PTSD then every kid in the United States other than the Amish would qualify. The point is that the image that the WWP is genuine Purple Heart Wounded Warriors that people respond to but the money seems to go to projects other than what we see.

I'm skeptical of some claims of PTSD but I get what you're saying

Almost everyone experiences symptoms of PTSD especially Police Officers and First Response people. If graphic images of carnage could elicit PTSD then every kid in the United States other than the Amish would qualify. The point is that the image that the WWP is genuine Purple Heart Wounded Warriors that people respond to but the money seems to go to projects other than what we see.

I'm skeptical of some claims of PTSD but I get what you're saying
If (and I'm just speculating) about 20% or even 30% of WWP money goes to Veterans that never experienced combat but claim to have mental disabilities , what would it say about the project that calls itself Wounded Warriors? Should they rename the Veterans victims project?

Some are more wounded? That's the point. The Wounded Warriors foundation should support only Purple Heart Veterans.
Because you said so?

Because you said so?
What do you say?

Forum List

Back