Why i still support the death penalty

sarahgop

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2009
I was reading about a horrific case. I wont go into all the details but it boiled down to a woman refused to have sex with a man several times and he got mad and drove her in her car to a deserted road where he soaked her with gasoline and lit her on fire. She actually survived for a day with a 98% burned body. The EMT'S were traumatized when they found her. She actually was walking around. She died the next day in the hospital as her mom held what was left of her hand. No one can imagine the agony she suffered. I sometimes think the death penalty serves no purpose but then i also think this man should be soaked with gasoline by her relatives and slowly roast.
I worry about myself sometimes. I drink alot at bars and clubs but i always go in a group and NEVER leave alone and certainly NOT with someone i just met.
A state sanctioned killing is an awful thing but some people cant be given mercy.

I was reading about a horrific case. I wont go into all the details but it boiled down to a woman refused to have sex with a man several times and he got mad and drove her in her car to a deserted road where he soaked her with gasoline and lit her on fire. She actually survived for a day with a 98% burned body. The EMT'S were traumatized when they found her. She actually was walking around. She died the next day in the hospital as her mom held what was left of her hand. No one can imagine the agony she suffered. I sometimes think the death penalty serves no purpose but then i also think this man should be soaked with gasoline by her relatives and slowly roast.
I worry about myself sometimes. I drink alot at bars and clubs but i always go in a group and NEVER leave alone and certainly NOT with someone i just met.
A state sanctioned killing is an awful thing but some people cant be given mercy.
got a link for this??

got a link for this??
Try this. Here is all the details. He hasnt been convicted unbelievably, at least yet.

Here's the thing: The Left has made a mockery of the DP. It is such a protracted process, and usually results in the heinous bastard dying in prison, that it's just not worth the problem.

DP cases are a tremendous drain on the justice system with special hearings, mandatory appeals, and thousands of hours of pointless attention paid, usually pointlessly. The families of the victims must go through the agony time and time again, for no good purpose.

It is administered serendipitously, with less severe cases resulting in DP while more severe end up with LWOP. Some states have effectively quite the DP, thus saving those capital offenders for no good reason, while their comrades in Texas must sweat it out. How fair is that?

And one can never forget the possibility of a wrongful conviction, or the conviction of someone who is so mentally fouled up that they barely understand what is going on.

Killing the DP would also reduce revenue to the ACLU and other interest groups, and that's a good thing.

Life without parole. Throw away the fucking key.

I would support a DP that was clear, consistent, and quick. What we have now is an un-funny joke, and it's not about to change in the next fifty years, at least.

I've got mixed feelings on it. Unless you have video evidence, DNA, and a confession, in which case the execution should take place within days I hate the death penalty.

The reason is of course that I do not trust lawyers. DA's are notoriously corrupt as fuck, only care about convictions, not justice, and "defense" attorneys will drag cases out for decades just to line their pockets. That's unfortunately a blanket statement, but for the most part my experience with lawyers is more negative than used car dealers. I've met perhaps 5 lawyers in my life that I think won't go to hell.

The idea that a person is convicted of a crime they did not commit and suffered death as a result convicts our entire society of murder. I can not accept that responsibility. There are so many variables involved with capital cases, and the major concern I have is the integrity of those pushing the case. It always seem to me like the DA's pushing for capital punishment are looking for medals or some sort of trophy.

I would much rather have a public so totally armed, that every attempted rape ended in a dead man on the ground. It's not a perfect world of course, but our justice system is probably one of the best in the world, and it's as fucked up as a football bat.

Some people want the person receiving the death penalty to suffer as much or more than the people they killed. To me, justice is served if the person is painlessly removed from the living to never be able to commit such terrible crimes again.

The only way the press would care is if the woman was black and the guy was white.

As for justice in our Progressive judicial system, good luck Chuck.

He will probably walk in a couple of years for good behavior and the push to do away with prisons and police.

I've got mixed feelings on it. Unless you have video evidence, DNA, and a confession, in which case the execution should take place within days I hate the death penalty.

The reason is of course that I do not trust lawyers. DA's are notoriously corrupt as fuck, only care about convictions, not justice, and "defense" attorneys will drag cases out for decades just to line their pockets. That's unfortunately a blanket statement, but for the most part my experience with lawyers is more negative than used car dealers. I've met perhaps 5 lawyers in my life that I think won't go to hell.

The idea that a person is convicted of a crime they did not commit and suffered death as a result convicts our entire society of murder. I can not accept that responsibility. There are so many variables involved with capital cases, and the major concern I have is the integrity of those pushing the case. It always seem to me like the DA's pushing for capital punishment are looking for medals or some sort of trophy.

I would much rather have a public so totally armed, that every attempted rape ended in a dead man on the ground. It's not a perfect world of course, but our justice system is probably one of the best in the world, and it's as fucked up as a football bat.
Sure, but what do you do if they are found guilty? Lock in them in prison for life? That is arguably far less humane as they get raped every day.

Or do you let them out again? I mean really, should they be allowed out after taking a life?

What I find insane is the expense to which it takes to put someone to death. It take more money than keeping them in jail for life.

Some people want the person receiving the death penalty to suffer as much or more than the people they killed. To me, justice is served if the person is painlessly removed from the living to never be able to commit such terrible crimes again.
I cant help but put myself in her place. Whoever murdered her and burned her alive and even poured gasoline down her throat and nose should not be treated with mercy. I generally feel the state and prosecutors have too much power but this horrific crime can probably never be given a harsh enough punishment. Not to get off topic, but i think way too many people are in prison for non-violent crimes.

My problem is some people get used to prison and its probably not that bad of a life for them especially if they are on top of the prison food chain.

The animal is going to be tried in Louisiana for another murder he committed. He's going to be doing life in prison somewhere, and should be executed, but won't. And twice a jury of his peers couldn't convict him?

Sure, but what do you do if they are found guilty? Lock in them in prison for life? That is arguably far less humane as they get raped every day.

Or do you let them out again? I mean really, should they be allowed out after taking a life?

What I find insane is the expense to which it takes to put someone to death. It take more money than keeping them in jail for life.
Chinese Communists just put a bullet in the perp's head and then send the bill for the bullet to the family.

My problem is some people get used to prison and its probably not that bad of a life for them especially if they are on top of the prison food chain.
Correct. Human beings are adaptable. They adapt to prison life. They form relationships, make friends and fall in love.

Richard Speck hacked 7 nurses to death. No guns just an up and personal knife. He got life. He asked for and received hormones to grow his breasts to make him more attractive to his fellow inmates. There were plenty of drugs. All in all he was able to fashion a comfortable life in prison.

I can absolutely agree on the point that keeping these people confined to cells in near sewer like conditions to be managed by low paid CO's who are little more than trailer trash in many cases, in facilities that are grossly understaffed, poorly managed at best, underfunded by extreme thresholds is criminal in itself.

I worked TDCJ myself for less than 6 months. I sometimes felt like a gestapo soldier in a camp. It was more than I could tolerate. Then again I also developed a serious hatred for some of the inmates. I could have killed a lot of those assholes and slept better at the end of my shift. Worse than that was the pieces of criminal shit that infested the supervisor staff, lazy, incompetent, and as corrupt as Gulag Guards. There is no way I have seen to deal with the incarcerated criminals in a humane way without MASSIVE FUNDING. That's why I would rather just have people fight in the street to keep their wallets from muggers and kill the bastards, women should be dumping 6 cylinders of.357 into the guts of rapists, home owners should be blowing the faces off invaders and leave it to the state to QUICKLY execute pedophiles when there is absolutely no doubt these pieces of shit are guilty.

Also, the prison rape thing from my observation is no longer a reality. There is so much emphasis on making sure inmates can't even willingly let themselves be fucked for extra food that it consumes a lot of a CO's time and attention. What REALLY DISGUSTED ME THOUGH, was the resources that went into letting the faggots who wanted to be cum dumpsters for Ramen Noodles were given "Transition" treatment and hormone shots to become (LOL...) "women".

So as to your question about "
should they be allowed out after taking a life?" Whose "life" did they take? Was it another piece of shit thug slinging dope on the wrong corner or a pimp working into someone else's territory? Or was it an old lady clutching her purse on the corner of MLK and 12th Street?

I agree that it's insane for a death penalty to cost millions more than life incarceration, and that the 20+ years a convict will spend on "the Mile" is such an inhumane circumstance that few can understand. I can absolutely cotton to the idea that they should be put down as soon as possible and I'm not even all that concerned about their fuckin comfort. I've read some jackets where I couldn't believe the court constibles didn't take the mother fucker out into the front courtyard and blow their fuckin brains out with a 12Ga.

The euroweenies spend a shit ton of money "rehabilitating" sociopaths. These assholes get to kill someone in a bar over a soccer argument and spend 20-30 years in a college dorm environment if they don't get too stupid. I'm not sure what's better though. I just can't be part of what's called "justice" in what's left of America.

Correct. Human beings are adaptable. They adapt to prison life. They form relationships, make friends and fall in love.

Richard Speck hacked 7 nurses to death. No guns just an up and personal knife. He got life. He asked for and received hormones to grow his breasts to make him more attractive to his fellow inmates. There were plenty of drugs. All in all he was able to fashion a comfortable life in prison.
That mother fucker should have had his brains blown out on the courthouse yard on national TV.

Chinese Communists just put a bullet in the perp's head and then send the bill for the bullet to the family.
Yeah, but the chi-coms purged people cause the party believed there were too many people, and wasted anyone who was accused of political crimes, kinda like our democrooks want to do here.

I had a conversation with an inmate once, and keep in mind this was an inmate and his story could have been complete bullshit, but I gave him the benefit of doubt.

I was working the minimum wing of a shithole prison and was engaged by an inmate in a conversation. He had literally been incarcerated all my life. I don't how or if he could have known my BD, but he started his story from that day where he killed a MF'r for fuckin his wife and had been incarcerated since. He went through years in gladiator camps, managed to survive, worked his way into trustee status and had probably one of the best jobs an inmate could get. He specifically told me he would fight to stay IN PRISON because it was all he knew. The shit this dude talked about in just one hour of my recreation yard overwatch was the stuff of a movie and I listened to it while watching the yard and making sure I wasn't being distracted. I wish like hell I had a voice recorder and could document it.

Unless you're a sociopath or have something wrong with you, you can't be a CO in the TDCJ. At least not as far as I can see. These are gulags. Completely underfunded, mismanaged and corrupt. I thought I'd take the fuckin job for a year or so just to get some LEO State time, and I walked out in the middle of my shift because I had such a corrupt piece of shit supervisor that enraged me to a point that I may have become an inmate myself if I saw the fucking parasite in the parking lot again. God's Providence led me to throw that shitty "career" away. As I walked away the next day leaving my uniforms behind and having signed all the paperwork I felt as relieved as this guy...

1623693076592.png

Here in the US we ridicule and condemn how other countries do shit, but I can not believe the conditions I saw where men and women were confined in for crimes even as serious as armed robbery, let alone and especially chicken shit like drug possession.

To me, if a person has proven to be that dangerous of a person, then sadly yes, I do not see a point in keeping them around. Whoever works the prison jobs should not have to worry about such a monster making them its next set of victims.

God bless you and that girl's family always!!!

Holly

I had a conversation with an inmate once, and keep in mind this was an inmate and his story could have been complete bullshit, but I gave him the benefit of doubt.

I was working the minimum wing of a shithole prison and was engaged by an inmate in a conversation. He had literally been incarcerated all my life. I don't how or if he could have known my BD, but he started his story from that day where he killed a MF'r for fuckin his wife and had been incarcerated since. He went through years in gladiator camps, managed to survive, worked his way into trustee status and had probably one of the best jobs an inmate could get. He specifically told me he would fight to stay IN PRISON because it was all he knew. The shit this dude talked about in just one hour of my recreation yard overwatch was the stuff of a movie and I listened to it while watching the yard and making sure I wasn't being distracted. I wish like hell I had a voice recorder and could document it.

Unless you're a sociopath or have something wrong with you, you can't be a CO in the TDCJ. At least not as far as I can see. These are gulags. Completely underfunded, mismanaged and corrupt. I thought I'd take the fuckin job for a year or so just to get some LEO State time, and I walked out in the middle of my shift because I had such a corrupt piece of shit supervisor that enraged me to a point that I may have become an inmate myself if I saw the fucking parasite in the parking lot again. God's Providence led me to throw that shitty "career" away. As I walked away the next day leaving my uniforms behind and having signed all the paperwork I felt as relieved as this guy...

View attachment 501338

Here in the US we ridicule and condemn how other countries do shit, but I can not believe the conditions I saw where men and women were confined in for crimes even as serious as armed robbery, let alone and especially chicken shit like drug possession.
I had 2 useless degrees in history and education. As soon as i realized that being a teacher was the same as becoming a communist i said no thanks. I wrote several papers for history on Nazi concentration camp guards and How Stalin had his own hunger holocuast. The worst guards were females. Im sure you are right about being a prison guard now. It cant be a job a normal person could do. Generally i think way too many people are in prison and prison should be for the most dangerous people. I dont like the idea of state sanctioned execution at all but there are a select few who deserve it.

Forum List

Back