Why I have so much respect for Ron Paul Supporters

IndependntLogic

Jul 14, 2011
Basically, it comes down to defining the counter to Liberalism. Who are the Liberals going to vote for? The answer is obvious.
It's ironic because in-fighting used to be the sole property of the Dems. Envirnomentalists vs. Unions vs. Minorities vs. Gays and so on. Now the infighting is in the GOP.
The contention is the new definition of Conservatism. Personally, I prefer Paul over any of the GOP hopefuls. His biggest asset is also his biggest problem: He is so incredibly honest, he blows people away. While Obama, Romney, Perry and Whackmann are probably lying about whether they think it would be a good idea to legalize pot, Paul doesn't hesitate to verbalize it - knowing that will cost him votes. He offers many such examples.
So Conservatives have to decide whether or not they want to talk the same old hypocritical bullsh1t about "less government", while sticking their noses into every social issue they can manage, continuing bullsh1t wars etc... or do they want to put someone in who will actually champion the Less Government they do nothing but give lip service to.

These people are stronger in their conviction and willingness to do what is right, in the face of incredible odds, than anyone I've seen in a long time.

No, I don't agree with them on everything and yes, like any other group, they have their hostile whackjobs. No surprises. But as an Independent, I am free to admire and respect (many of) them for not conforming to the same old definition of "Conservative" that so many Americans have become frustrated with.

Kudos Ron Paul Supporters. I still don't agree with you on a lot of your views but I was wrong to think they weren't insightful or valid.

Last edited:
I can't get past the fact he thinks the world is only a few thousand years old.

With all the problems the country has now, you would disqualify Paul for this one belief? Did you use the same logic when obama claimed we have 52 states?

“Politicians throughout history have tried to solve every problem conceivable to man, always failing to recognize that many of the problems we face result from previous so-called political solutions. Government cannot be the answer to every human ill. Continuing to view more government as the solution to problems will only make matters worse.” – Ron Paul

With all the problems the country has now, you would disqualify Paul for this one belief? Did you use the same logic when obama claimed we have 52 states?

First, it was 57 and we know Obama taught constititional law for 10 years at the university level. He knows how many states there are. He didn't defend that, unlike Palin who insists Paul Revere rode to warn the British. If all Republicans have is Obama saying 57 instead of 47, then they are pretty pathetic.

And yet, Ron Paul believing the world is only a few thousand years old is "fucking stupid" and people who support someone who believes in something so ridiculous outta have their head's examined.

I know he's said he doesn't believe in the "theory" of evolution but I haven't heard him say the Earth is only a few thousand years old. Could you provide a link?

I'm not calling you a liar, I would just like some proof. In fact, I'll rep you if you can provide a credible link (not just propellerhead.blog) that proves Dr. Paul (Not Rand Paul) actually said that.

First, it was 57 and we know Obama taught constititional law for 10 years at the university level. He knows how many states there are. He didn't defend that, unlike Palin who insists Paul Revere rode to warn the British. If all Republicans have is Obama saying 57 instead of 47, then they are pretty pathetic.

And yet, Ron Paul believing the world is only a few thousand years old is "fucking stupid" and people who support someone who believes in something so ridiculous outta have their head's examined.

"47"? Isn't it 50?

"47"? Isn't it 50?

He was saying how many states he visited, not how many states there are.

I know he's said he doesn't believe in the "theory" of evolution but I haven't heard him say the Earth is only a few thousand years old. Could you provide a link?

I'm not calling you a liar, I would just like some proof. In fact, I'll rep you if you can provide a credible link (not just propellerhead.blog) that proves Dr. Paul (Not Rand Paul) actually said that.

Yea, because people who don't believe in evolution believe the world is billions of years old, but God only got around to shimmering people into being from a pile of dirt just a few thousand years ago.:dance:

Forum List

Back