Why i get pissed every time i hear about income inequality.

I hate that expression. People who use the term "income inequality" obviously had parents who didn't teach them anything about real life: Not all people are supposed to be equal, life wasn't meant to be fair, and you really can't get something for nothing. We seem to have bred a society that holds its most productive members up to ridicule and scorn, and makes beloved mascots out of its least productive and most parasitic members.
Not all, mostly prog children in prog cities end up uneducated in the means of taking care of themselves. My younger son who is in the Air Force, was thinking when he got older finding a woman not of the US because they would love him much more than some gender denying thing from a prog city. When we went to the county fair, and we looked at some girls who were tending the prize cows of the fair, i told him, he should look right here in the heartland where a woman appreciates her man, because she will take care of him, when he takes care of her.

This January will be my 34th anniversary. I told my wife i am trying for lucky 75...

Whoa! You’re not only a guy who pulled himself up from nothing to become a millionaire, you are a great husband and father too! Just so awesome!

Back when i got out of high school, i took 1 semester of college at the University of Cincinnati, while going there i also worked part time at McDonalds making $2.10 an hours. When 6 months were up i realized college wasnt for me, so i wanted full time work, but most of the full time at McDonalds were for managers while kids and the elderly got part time. So i left and went to Bill Knapp's wanting to become a short order chef, again making $2.10 an hour but a promise of a raise and full time work which i needed both. In 6 months i had learned the whole line from soups and salads to sandwiches to cooking steaks and lobster tails. I got a 15 cent raise along with more responsibility because i could be left alone to manage the grill between lunch and dinner when the place was slow enough to have 1 cook. I was proud as a peacock to be trusted with being the chef. I had repeat customers who loved my style of cooking because i just didnt cook, i put love for the customers in the way my food went out, and the customers loved coming back.
Then disaster struck...The progs in government wanted everyone to be paid $2.25 an hour, thus making me entry level again, and since the margins arent great in restaurants, i ended up at minimum wage again, even though i had 1 year of service. I quickly realized that this wasnt for me, and i needed skills. So i joined the Air Force 9 1/2 years working on A-10s, F-15s and F-16s, never in my time of service did one of my jets ever go down, and when asked if i would fly in a jet i fixed, i replied, of course i would, i know how well i work..
Then an opportunity came for me to work as a contractor overseas on the Saudi Royal Air Force F-15s able to make $70,000 a year tax free. Also had a nice 401k plan, and this is how i achieved great wealth, so when i hear about income inequality, i say "Tough shit mother fuckers, if you cant do what i did, then you deserve to be low of income". This is the United States of America, where even a McD's fry cook can become a millionaire.

----

Wow! You’re incredible! Such an inspiring story! Why can’t everyone be as awesome as you?!

Because most prog slave, are too fucking lazy to be awesome, and i am not even close to what Morgan Freeman achieved, for his life was even more of a success story, but like the slaves you are, you totally ignore his message...

And why i get pissed when prog slaves bitch about income inequality instead of taking upon themselves the ability to work themselves out of that inequality.

Back when i got out of high school, i took 1 semester of college at the University of Cincinnati, while going there i also worked part time at McDonalds making $2.10 an hours. When 6 months were up i realized college wasnt for me, so i wanted full time work, but most of the full time at McDonalds were for managers while kids and the elderly got part time. So i left and went to Bill Knapp's wanting to become a short order chef, again making $2.10 an hour but a promise of a raise and full time work which i needed both. In 6 months i had learned the whole line from soups and salads to sandwiches to cooking steaks and lobster tails. I got a 15 cent raise along with more responsibility because i could be left alone to manage the grill between lunch and dinner when the place was slow enough to have 1 cook. I was proud as a peacock to be trusted with being the chef. I had repeat customers who loved my style of cooking because i just didnt cook, i put love for the customers in the way my food went out, and the customers loved coming back.
Then disaster struck...The progs in government wanted everyone to be paid $2.25 an hour, thus making me entry level again, and since the margins arent great in restaurants, i ended up at minimum wage again, even though i had 1 year of service. I quickly realized that this wasnt for me, and i needed skills. So i joined the Air Force 9 1/2 years working on A-10s, F-15s and F-16s, never in my time of service did one of my jets ever go down, and when asked if i would fly in a jet i fixed, i replied, of course i would, i know how well i work..
Then an opportunity came for me to work as a contractor overseas on the Saudi Royal Air Force F-15s able to make $70,000 a year tax free. Also had a nice 401k plan, and this is how i achieved great wealth, so when i hear about income inequality, i say "Tough shit mother fuckers, if you cant do what i did, then you deserve to be low of income". This is the United States of America, where even a McD's fry cook can become a millionaire.

----

Wow! You’re incredible! Such an inspiring story! Why can’t everyone be as awesome as you?!

Because most prog slave, are too fucking lazy to be awesome, and i am not even close to what Morgan Freeman achieved, for his life was even more of a success story, but like the slaves you are, you totally ignore his message...

And why i get pissed when prog slaves bitch about income inequality instead of taking upon themselves the ability to work themselves out of that inequality.

Baloney!! Some care about the country, not themselves....The GOP has ruined opportunity the last 30 years. Change the channel!

Full time earnings of $30,000 a year would make college affordable?

Let’s see

At $7.25 an hour you make $14,000 a year for college working a full year, full time.

At $15 an hour you make $30,000 a year And would not need to go into debt

Think you need to do some research, bucky.

Let’s see

At $7.25 an hour you make $14,000 a year for college working a full year, full time.

The average cost of tuition and fees at a ranked in-state public college is about 72% less than the average sticker price at a private college, at $9,687

And, according to

Let’s see

The average cost of tuition and fees at a ranked in-state public college is about 72% less than the average sticker price at a private college, at $9,687
And, according to your figures, a $7.25 an hour job covers that cost.

And, according to

Let’s see

If you read what I posted, you will see that I said $15 an hour would come close

And, according to

Let’s see

If you read what I posted, you will see that I said $15 an hour would come close

And if you look at the figures, you'll see that one doesn't need $15 an hour. Stop being such a drama queen.

I started working at $2.10 an hour minimum wage at a local winery doing menial labor.

For that $2.10, I was able to pay for my college tuition by just working three months in the summer.

That is the income inequality. Today, that minimum wage will not come close for a young worker to earn college tuition.
You are correct but that is because college tuition has gone up to insane levels. Minimum wage would have to be $50 an hour for people to work their way through college like you, I and many of our generation did.

----

What happens when your $1 or $2 million isn't as much as it used to be and you live a long time?

Millions used to be a lot. Now billions is a lot.

Is this a problem?

Income inequality is everywhere, worldwide. The difference is that in the American Capitalist economy, there is equal opportunity on a level unmatched anywhere. That is why immigrants choose to come here.

You are correct but that is because college tuition has gone up to insane levels. Minimum wage would have to be $50 an hour for people to work their way through college like you, I and many of our generation did.
Many in Big Education believe they are entitled to large incomes and benefits in exchange for very little work and accountability while young students and their families get saddled with egregious debt. Many of the “income inequality” bashers always site executive and CEO pay as signs of income inequality yet the difference is executives are paid for performance. Big Education is paid for entitlement and tenure.

Income inequality is everywhere, worldwide. The difference is that in the American Capitalist economy, there is equal opportunity on a level unmatched anywhere. That is why immigrants choose to come here.

The problem is not so much income inequality but why do we help those who obviously don’t need it?

Why the commitment to Supply Side Economics instead of helping working Americans?

The problem is not so much income inequality but why do we help those who obviously don’t need it?

Why the commitment to Supply Side Economics instead of helping working Americans?
For one, provide public and private investment in job skill training for which there is high demand and worker shortage. Better salaries.

$15 per hour even before inflation is what a teenager should make on a summer job. $15 per hour cannot support an adult. Impossible.

For one, provide public and private investment in job skill training for which there is high demand and worker shortage. Better salaries.
Good start

What I have seen in my lifetime is a shifting away from providing working Americans with basics in salary, benefits, education and healthcare

I saw a major jump in salaries in the 90s and little increase since
College costs and healthcare have escalated and working families go into debt to pay for them

Meanwhile, I have seen executive pay and benefits escalate, massive tax cuts to corporations and the wealthy…..little which trickled down to the workers

Start your own business. Grow it. Don't hire others. That's the one way to get out of the stagnant middle class and move upward.

Forum List

Back