Why i get pissed every time i hear about income inequality.

Mikeoxenormous

Diamond Member
May 6, 2015
Floor E Da
Back when i got out of high school, i took 1 semester of college at the University of Cincinnati, while going there i also worked part time at McDonalds making $2.10 an hours. When 6 months were up i realized college wasnt for me, so i wanted full time work, but most of the full time at McDonalds were for managers while kids and the elderly got part time. So i left and went to Bill Knapp's wanting to become a short order chef, again making $2.10 an hour but a promise of a raise and full time work which i needed both. In 6 months i had learned the whole line from soups and salads to sandwiches to cooking steaks and lobster tails. I got a 15 cent raise along with more responsibility because i could be left alone to manage the grill between lunch and dinner when the place was slow enough to have 1 cook. I was proud as a peacock to be trusted with being the chef. I had repeat customers who loved my style of cooking because i just didnt cook, i put love for the customers in the way my food went out, and the customers loved coming back.
Then disaster struck...The progs in government wanted everyone to be paid $2.25 an hour, thus making me entry level again, and since the margins arent great in restaurants, i ended up at minimum wage again, even though i had 1 year of service. I quickly realized that this wasnt for me, and i needed skills. So i joined the Air Force 9 1/2 years working on A-10s, F-15s and F-16s, never in my time of service did one of my jets ever go down, and when asked if i would fly in a jet i fixed, i replied, of course i would, i know how well i work..
Then an opportunity came for me to work as a contractor overseas on the Saudi Royal Air Force F-15s able to make $70,000 a year tax free. Also had a nice 401k plan, and this is how i achieved great wealth, so when i hear about income inequality, i say "Tough shit mother fuckers, if you cant do what i did, then you deserve to be low of income". This is the United States of America, where even a McD's fry cook can become a millionaire.

----

the problem in the US is not really income inequality----I, and my four sibs, also did the entry stuff----I did baby sitting at 50 cents per hour one or two evenings per week and was ELATED to get a job in a department store at 1.25 per hour. I never "needed" $200 sneakers.
The only really negative outcome is----I now have
AQUIRED FLAT FEET-----it has something to do with a
compromised posterior tibialis----I think---don't quote me

I hate that expression. People who use the term "income inequality" obviously had parents who didn't teach them anything about real life: Not all people are supposed to be equal, life wasn't meant to be fair, and you really can't get something for nothing. We seem to have bred a society that holds its most productive members up to ridicule and scorn, and makes beloved mascots out of its least productive and most parasitic members.

Then an opportunity came for me to work as a contractor overseas on the Saudi Royal Air Force F-15s able to make $70,000 a year tax free. Also had a nice 401k plan, and this is how i achieved great wealth, so when i hear about income inequality, i say "Tough shit mother fuckers, if you cant do what i did, then you deserve to be low of income". This is the United States of America, where even a McD's fry cook can become a millionaire.

Good one ya'. Unfortunately, there will be certain people here who'll take you to task for being successful.

The only people who bitch about "income inequality" are those who are afraid to work hard to earn more...

The American Dream is alive and well ... any poor kid with hard work and good responsibility can at least become financially secure ... perhaps wealthy, though I admit to getting a couple of lucky breaks ...

Income inequality is a fact of life ... deal with it ... work with it ... make it work for you ... [smile] ... looking from the top down, it makes perfect sense ...

ETA: I started working for a nickel a tree hoeing in orchards ... then the big bucks 50¢ an hour suckering ...

Last edited:
I started working at $2.10 an hour minimum wage at a local winery doing menial labor.

For that $2.10, I was able to pay for my college tuition by just working three months in the summer.

That is the income inequality. Today, that minimum wage will not come close for a young worker to earn college tuition.

Then an opportunity came for me to work as a contractor overseas on the Saudi Royal Air Force F-15s able to make $70,000 a year tax free. Also had a nice 401k plan, and this is how i achieved great wealth,

Nobody is claiming that people work minimum wage their whole lives.
But they are exploited while they are and when they eventually move up, someone else comes along and is exploited.

I started working at $2.10 an hour minimum wage at a local winery doing menial labor.

For that $2.10, I was able to pay for my college tuition by just working three months in the summer.

That is the income inequality. Today, that minimum wage will not come close for a young worker to earn college tuition.

I know! Fucking Dems.

Throw unlimited government dollars at colleges, they'll raise the prices on you.

Then an opportunity came for me to work as a contractor overseas on the Saudi Royal Air Force F-15s able to make $70,000 a year tax free. Also had a nice 401k plan, and this is how i achieved great wealth,

But they are exploited while they are and when they eventually move up, someone else comes along and is exploited.

But they are exploited while they are

Please post the definition of exploited that you're using.

the problem in the US is not really income inequality----I, and my four sibs, also did the entry stuff----I did baby sitting at 50 cents per hour one or two evenings per week and was ELATED to get a job in a department store at 1.25 per hour. I never "needed" $200 sneakers.
Sounds like life is great in give away to the rich GOP America. Who needs healthcare a mental health system a living wage daycare paid parental leave cheap college and training, an ID card to end illegal immigration, and mainly taxing the rich their fair share like every other modern country? Change the channel and snap out of it....

Sounds like life is great in give away to the rich GOP America. Who needs healthcare a mental health system a living wage daycare paid parental leave cheap college and training, an ID card to end illegal immigration, and mainly taxing the rich their fair share like every other modern country? Change the channel and snap out of it....
Actually, you realize that most of the top 1 percenters are Dems right???

Frankie realizes very little.

I know! Fucking Dems.

Throw unlimited government dollars at colleges, they'll raise the prices on you.
Unfortunately the GOP has been in charge of tax rates and policy for 40 years and that's when you actually get screwed, dumbass. We didn't get the worst inequality and upward mobility ever anywhere because Democrats were in charge. Unbelievable brainwash. Look up the garbage Nixon rule of reconciliation that allows the GOP to cut taxes and services with 51 votes in the Senate (all they care about!) while Democrats need 60 votes in the Senate to pass any reform because of the GOP filibuster rule. Only garbage propaganda and your imaginary planet make this mess possible....

So what dumbass. All the liars in the 1% are Republicans and they'll do anything to hold on to their ill gotten gains....

That $2.10 was a living wage back then and college was cheap.... Before Nixon and Reagan screwed everything up.....

So what dumbass. All the liars in the 1% are Republicans and they'll do anything to hold on to their ill gotten gains....
So what dumbass? All you wackos do is whine and whine and you are the ilk causing all the problems.

If you saw my first post in the thread, I talked about how I could afford to pay my college tuition for $2.10 an hour working summers. For comparison, I could have bought a new car by working six months minimum wage.

Todays $7.25 an hour has nowhere near that buying power. That is exploitation.....
Especially when those businesses just got a 40 percent tax cut.

If you saw my first post in the thread, I talked about how I could afford to pay my college tuition for $2.10 an hour working summers. For comparison, I could have bought a new car by working six months minimum wage.

Todays $7.25 an hour has nowhere near that buying power. That is exploitation.....
So the worthless college professors are now uber rich for doing nothing and you want to raise minimum wage rather than attack the real problem.

That $2.10 was a living wage back then and college was cheap.... Before Nixon and Reagan screwed everything up.....
Back then, the minimum wage was increased every year or so to reflect inflation.
Our current minimum wage hasn’t been increased in eleven years.

So the worthless college professors are now uber rich for doing nothing and you want to raise minimum wage rather than attack the real problem.
No idea what you are babbling about

Forum List

Back