Why I Don't Steal...

Thunk

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2019
Minnesota
If I go to the store and steal something...They have to make up for the cost by raising the price a penny on every item in the store.

It's called the "cost of doing business"...But it's you and I that bare that cost...not the store.

So everybody (including me) has to pay higher prices because I stole something.

In the grand scheme of things...stealing makes no logical sense!

I still remember about a year back when certain Walmarts did a certain idea. They gave you a price gun and you used it on each item you put in your cart. When you finished shopping you would scan a register and your total would be displayed. Told the wife that I expected them to be stole blind. When they did their standard quarterly inventory they panicked. The whole idea was dumped immediately. Heard they lost more money then if they had dropped prices to half.

Was told that during North Dakotas big oil boom all Walmart in the area were barely breaking even because of theft.

I always said that locks only keep the honest people honest.

Was told that during North Dakotas big oil boom all Walmart in the area were barely breaking even because of theft.

When the company is being robbed blind it has no option but to go out of business...then you end up with michelle obamas "FOOD DESERTS"!

Not paying debt (when you can) is the same as theft...it IS theft.

I've had friends NOT repay what they borrowed from me. Even when they could afford to do so.

What they lost in my respect cost them far more than the money they owed me!

In EVERY WAY...stealing works against you.

I've had friends NOT repay what they borrowed from me. Even when they could afford to do so.

I tell my kids, if you want to lose a friend, loan them something, move in together or go into business together. The friendship will likely end.

Here's the latest from The Peoples Democratic Republik of Kalifornicate.

Shoplifting In California Sky Rockets After New Law Goes Into Effect

San Francisco has become a haven for thieves and shoplifters. These acts of theft are now a common occurrence in San Francisco after a proposition that was passed 5 years ago essentially gave people permission to steal.

Organized crime rings have turned shoplifting into a well-organized racket where willing thieves are out stealing items and reselling them on the black market to earn a quick buck.

Proposition 47 is a referendum that downgrades theft for merchandise and drugs with a value under $950 to a misdemeanor. In the eyes shoplifters, this has all but given them the go-ahead to take what they please under that amount. What makes the situation worse and so easy for people to steal things now is that police won’t even respond to these misdemeanor complaints because they need to focus on the more important crimes being committed in the city.

im-shocked-omrrjz.jpg

San Francisco has become a haven for thieves and shoplifters. These acts of theft are now a common occurrence in San Francisco after a proposition that was passed 5 years ago essentially gave people permission to steal.

Organized crime rings have turned shoplifting into a well-organized racket where willing thieves are out stealing items and reselling them on the black market to earn a quick buck.

Proposition 47 is a referendum that downgrades theft for merchandise and drugs with a value under $950 to a misdemeanor. In the eyes shoplifters, this has all but given them the go-ahead to take what they please under that amount. What makes the situation worse and so easy for people to steal things now is that police won’t even respond to these misdemeanor complaints because they need to focus on the more important crimes being committed in the city.

Virginia Democrats have a similar law in the hopper.

If I go to the store and steal something...They have to make up for the cost by raising the price a penny on every item in the store.

It's called the "cost of doing business"...But it's you and I that bare that cost...not the store.

That is Precisely my argument against government mandated minimum wage.

If I told you that there is a certain margin for loss due to theft already factored into the prices would you be more likely to steal something because the store is already charging you more to make up for what people steal?

If I told you that there is a certain margin for loss due to theft already factored into the prices would you be more likely to steal something because the store is already charging you more to make up for what people steal?
Not in the slightest. You can either be ethical or not.

I have lent tools to so called friends who have failed to return them. I have borrowed tools and returned them immediately when the job is done. Once again it is called ethics.

The fact that a store has to build in theft to make a profit because someone is unethical is part and parcel of the high cost.

To me, those who are guilty of shoplifting once can always be guilty of doing it numerous times which will only make what they don't pay for more than the $950 limit eventually because it all adds up the more that the shoplifting happens, so perhaps every place that is getting ripped off should try to keep track of those who leave with unpaid for loot if that is possible.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. That girl in the Where The Heart Is film actually kept a list of everything that she used during her six weeks in the Wal-Mart store.

When I was about five years old, I stole a piece of candy from the local market. My Dad made me take it back and apologize to the store owner. I have never stolen anything since.

Forum List

Back