Why I don't post a lot.

Balance

It’s 100 degrees outside
And humid

I love exercising when it’s cooler

Yes we also belong to the YMCA

I start early and quit when it gets too hot. Most of the work I did was from December till late April. Now I just hit it off and on. Yesterday we worked in the rain it was cool and refreshing.

I start late and end late, which is why I always post very late, plus i'm in PST. But I would not like working outdoors in the heat of the valley.

I am 75. Today I will go to the gym and do upper body workouts for an hour as I do seven days a week. I do eight stations with fifty reps at medium weight on nautilus machines as I have done since 1983. Then I will come home and eat a small meal. I will then punp up the tires on my road bike, a Cannondale Super Six, that I paid $5,000 for. I put on some special wheels that set me back $2,000 each. I do this because an expensive racing bike is much cheaper than triple bypass surgery or a heart transplant.

I quit weed in 1974 and tobacco in 1976. I ran 70 miles per week beginning in 1973 and was running 10k's in 30 minutes before stress fractures became an issue. I was already exerimenting with a bike becuse I wanted to do triathelons which I rejected due to time constraints.

I raced bikes often and have broken both my collar bones twice, a leg, an elbow, and I have had seven concussions. I gave up racing in the early 1990's but not cycling. I still ride fifty miles a day in the summer months. It is amazing how quickly the vascular pathways in your legs come back even after a winter off riding stationary bikes or walking on a treadmill.

My resting heartrate was 53 the last time I saw a doctor. She said she would guess I am 50 because my hair is white. I used to ride with a local club but Covid destoyed that so I ride alone now fighting for space on the roads with cars.

When I was still working I would ride until after dark with lights but now that I am retired I ride three hours a day and with the gym it is like a part time job. The economy is in ruins and my retirement may not be completely safe so returning to work is not off the table. My schoolmates and relatives are dropping like flies and this saddens me. They are being replaced with people who either don't or can't think. I took a road less traveled and it has made all the difference. It is a choice I do not regret.

The gym is waiting.
and yet you'll catch cancer and die

good for you.

at least he isn't a cum drunk meth head who will probably die of an anal invasion of Mississippi black snake. like you're destined for.
No scum, I was talking about you. How dare you say that!

I am 75. Today I will go to the gym and do upper body workouts for an hour as I do seven days a week. I do eight stations with fifty reps at medium weight on nautilus machines as I have done since 1983. Then I will come home and eat a small meal. I will then punp up the tires on my road bike, a Cannondale Super Six, that I paid $5,000 for. I put on some special wheels that set me back $2,000 each. I do this because an expensive racing bike is much cheaper than triple bypass surgery or a heart transplant.

I quit weed in 1974 and tobacco in 1976. I ran 70 miles per week beginning in 1973 and was running 10k's in 30 minutes before stress fractures became an issue. I was already exerimenting with a bike becuse I wanted to do triathelons which I rejected due to time constraints.

I raced bikes often and have broken both my collar bones twice, a leg, an elbow, and I have had seven concussions. I gave up racing in the early 1990's but not cycling. I still ride fifty miles a day in the summer months. It is amazing how quickly the vascular pathways in your legs come back even after a winter off riding stationary bikes or walking on a treadmill.

My resting heartrate was 53 the last time I saw a doctor. She said she would guess I am 50 because my hair is white. I used to ride with a local club but Covid destoyed that so I ride alone now fighting for space on the roads with cars.

When I was still working I would ride until after dark with lights but now that I am retired I ride three hours a day and with the gym it is like a part time job. The economy is in ruins and my retirement may not be completely safe so returning to work is not off the table. My schoolmates and relatives are dropping like flies and this saddens me. They are being replaced with people who either don't or can't think. I took a road less traveled and it has made all the difference. It is a choice I do not regret.

The gym is waiting.

Well done! I am in the gym at least 3 days a week. Perhaps I will be inspired by your efforts.

The gym is waiting.

You should have just told us you value quality over quantity...

What a pos.
I just ride my bike on roads that are still bucolic and agricultural. As far as cancer is concerned consider this. If you get it they burn you with radiation or poison you with chemicals. What happened to the trillions of dollars that have gone to cancer research? They have have coded the human genome and supposidly know how cancer forms and develops in individuals. Yet the cure is elusive they say. The money is right there though. What is it being used for? More radiation and poison is a good guess. Do not throw your money away on cancer research. It is a scam. Get a bike and ride it.

The gym is waiting.
It is not a good idea to exercise seven days of the week. You should take one day off.

Forum List

Back