Why I am Catholic

I DIDN'T WRITE THE ORIGINAL POST YOU MORON

YOU'RE NOT QUOTING ME YOU IDIOT. CAN'T YOU READ?
I DIDN'T WRITE THE ORIGINAL POST YOU MORON

YOU'RE NOT QUOTING ME YOU IDIOT. CAN'T YOU READ?
Somehow they got addressed to you, there were meant to be addressed to, Not a monkey's uncle. Maybe you were replying to one of his statements, and I couldn't discern between the two fools.

Somehow they got addressed to you, there were meant to be addressed to, Not a monkey's uncle. Maybe you were replying to one of his statements, and I couldn't discern between the two fools.
That's it. You quoted not a monkey's uncle in post 174. Sorry about that. Can't comment on the booklet, haven't read it, don't care to since it was mentioned after the op posted lies.

Well, if you want to get technical, Catholic is from the Greek katholikos, generally translated as Universal

But it is actually a combination of two words:

Kato = According to
Holos = The Whole

In the book of Acts, "ekklesia kath holos," which is translated "the Church throughout all," is where the word "katholos" comes from.

Ἡ μὲν οὖν ἐκκλησία καθ' ὅλης τῆς Ἰουδαίας καὶ Γαλιλαίας καὶ Σαμαρείας εἶχεν εἰρήνην, οἰκοδομουμένη καὶ πορευομένη τῷ φόβῳ τοῦ κυρίου, καὶ τῇ παρακλήσει τοῦ ἁγίου πνεύματος ἐπληθύνετο.

He is not well informed about the Catholic Church

Interesting

Screw you asshole. The OP is spot on, 100%.

YOU are the fool.
You are confusing the issue, read the whole post. He started it off with lies, citing a foolish source that said the Catholic church was the original Christian church. The facts prove otherwise. That booklet may be nice and all but who's going to read it after they begin the original post with lies. If it is a nice article like you say, he did it a disservice by mentioning it with obvious lies.

I am Catholic for the coffee and donuts

kidding

I don't eat donuts.

I am a Traditional Catholic. I don't like the novus ordo... In fact,I think the NO is worse than most Traditionalists even realize

But at least the Real Presence is there... at the NO. Jesus promised HE would never leave us (Mt 2820)

LMAO

at all the childish name calling by presumably adult posters...

I like children

spoiled brats is a different story, though... MoonGlow (I think of)

he's on Ignore... but he's the only one I just couldn't stomach

LMAO

at all the childish name calling by presumably adult posters...

I like children

spoiled brats is a different story, though... MoonGlow (I think of)

he's on Ignore... but he's the only one I just couldn't stomach
Unfortunately ignore works both ways. I like confronting insanity and lies. The truth is out there for all who want to find it.

Unfortunately ignore works both ways. I like confronting insanity and lies. The truth is out there for all who want to find it.
ignore works both ways? explain

I don't care if people ignore me.. used to it.. just shows they are afraid of something I said... its on them

ignore works both ways? explain

I don't care if people ignore me.. used to it.. just shows they are afraid of something I said... its on them
What I meant is you don't know what they're saying. Fear shouldn't be an element in anyone's discussion.

Why I am Catholic
(A brief excerpt from the booklet “Pillar of Fire, Pillar of Truth”)

QUOTE:

Among the Christian churches, only the Catholic Church has existed since the time of Jesus. Every other Christian church is an offshoot of the Catholic Church. The Eastern Orthodox churches broke away from unity with the pope in 1054. The Protestant churches were established during the Reformation, which began in 1517. (Most of today’s Protestant churches are actually offshoots of the original Protestant offshoots.)

You forgot (I think) to mention the Real Presence of Christ. That is what has helped yours truly the absolute MOST of all. Whenever someone speaks of the Eucharist, they are speaking of this Real Presence. But in a way, they are not because many Catholics do not even know of, much less fully take advantage of, the RP. That is very sad. And it is sad because only through Christ will anyone be saved and how can one be in Christ fully when one does not spend time (or sufficient time) in His actual, tangible PRESENCE (mt 28:20.. etc)

Your whole post starts off as a lie. The churches of Egypt and turkey, even the Greek churches were established long before the Catholic Church and none existed while Christ was still alive. The apostles scattered to the four winds to spread the word after Christ's death.

Paul was setting up churches at the same time Peter was. Coincidentally, only Paul's churches are addressed in Revelation and are the candlesticks that will reside with Jesus in Jerusalem in the Temple... The Catholic church is not among them...

Forum List

Back