Why I am Catholic

Our family is made up of every race. We are young and old, rich and poor, men and women, sinners and saints. Our family has spanned the centuries and the globe. With God’s grace we started hospitals to care for the sick; we establish orphanages and help the poor; we are the largest charitable organization on the planet, bringing relief and comfort to those in need. We educate more children than any other scholarly or religious institution. We developed the scientific method and laws of evidence. We founded the college system; we defend the dignity of all human life, and uphold marriage and family. Cities were named after our revered saints who navigated a sacred path before us. Guided by the Holy Spirit we compiled the Bible; we are transformed by sacred scripture and sacred tradition, which have consistently guided us for 2,000 years.

We are the Catholic Church.

With over one billion in our family, sharing in the sacraments and fullness of the Christian faith. For centuries we have prayed for you and our world, every hour of every day, whenever we celebrate the Mass. Jesus himself laid the foundation of our faith when he said to Peter, the first pope, “You are Rock, and upon this rock I will build my Church.” For over 2,000 years we have had an unbroken line of shepherds guiding the Catholic Church with love and truth in a confused and hurting world. And in this world filled with chaos, hardship and pain, its comforting to know that some things remain consistent, true, and strong: Our Catholic Faith, an eternal love that God has for all creation.

I don't know much of anything about them, so I cannot say one way or the other. I try not to speak on things I know little or nothing about

Near the end of the first millenia the ancient Church split in half, east and west.

That is the basic nut of it.

unreasonable

original sin is utterly ridiculous

Our family

Catholic Church.

See POST nf.22.01.29 #222 to Saint Mashmont (a Medieval anti/America Vigano Catholic.

Your Catholic family Saint Votarroja was a big part of the rational reasoning that the founding generation of America designed our system of governance on the basis of separation of individuals with a conscience and their state.

Anti-Catholic Rational Theist John Adams when asked if there was any instance of a Roman Catholic monarchy of five and 20 million at once converted into a free and rational people replied "No, I know of no instance like it. John Adams wote to Jefferson in 1816 about Catholics;

"This Society has been a greater Calamity to Mankind than the French Revolution or Napoleans Despotism or Ideology. It has obstructed the Progress of Reformation and the Improvements of the human Mind in Society much longer and more fatally."​

Anti-Catholic Rational Theist John Adams

“”” "Is there any instance of a Roman Catholic monarchy of five and 20 million at once converted into a free and rational people?" he once asked Dr. Joseph Priestley, a philosopher and Francophile.

Home | Georgetown Preparatory School

"No, I know of no instance like it." Writing to Jefferson in 1816 about a recent revival of the Catholic order of the Jesuits, Adams wrote, "This Society has been a greater Calamity to Mankind than the French Revolution or Napoleans Despotism or Ideology. It has obstructed the Progress of Reformation and the Improvements of the human Mind in Society much longer and more fatally."

It's hard to recognize freedom's champion in this letter to his wife Abigail in which he describes a visit to St. Mary's Catholic Church in Philadelphia. His pen dripping with contempt and pity, Adams catalogues the repellant customs: "The poor wretches fingering their beads, chanting Latin, not a word of which they understood, Their holy Water--their Crossing themselves perpetually--their Bowing to the Name of Jesus, whererever they hyertit--their Bowings, and Kneelings, and Genuflections before the Altar." JA-antiCatholic-01 “””

Most Catholics who came here following our revolution became themselves, Americanized Catholics, understanding the concept of separation and church and state because they had to.

The majority of Catholics like President Joe Biden are Americanized Catholics.

Unfortunately, since the passage passage of RvW, a sizable MINORITY OF CATHOLICS HAVE REVERTED TO THE MEDIEVAL BRAND OF CATHOLICISM, that Jefferson and Adams corresponded to each other for the remainder of their years and rejected.

My reply to Saint Votarroja is please pay respect to the men and woman who founded our nation that respects and honors the human individual conscience over any one religious institution no matter how rich, how big, how powerful its control over the minds of its converts might be - AMERICA is BIGGER THAN THAT.

Thank you when you show that respect.

nf.23.10.23 #305

Last edited:
The majority of Catholics like President Joe Biden are Americanized Catholics.

Thats bullshit. You do not personally know most Catholics. Furthermore that phrase is nonsensical. I am a red blooded American born in Texas, and yet I believe in Catholic doctrine 100%.

Biden is a heretic who promotes evil.

Biden is antiChrist and antiCatholic

Nobody can be a democrat and a Catholic at the same time.

Thank you when you show that respect.

YOU respect sin and evil. You are Satan's idiot.

Thats bullshit.
Is it really?

US CATHOLIC VOTERS PLAYED A pivotal role in the 2020 election, helping lift Democrat Joe Biden to a narrow victory over President Donald Trump. In so doing, they sent a powerful message about support for abortion rights and access to reproductive healthcare among US Catholics today, as well as the limited role they believe US bishops should play in our electoral system.​
How Catholics Voted - Catholics for Choice pblshd.21.01.21 national survey​
A national survey of Catholic voters in the 2020 election shows that an overwhelming majority of Catholics continue to respect the intensely personal nature of reproductive health issues and support people exercising their own conscience when it comes to making these decisions.​
nf.23.10.23 #307

Is it really?

US CATHOLIC VOTERS PLAYED A pivotal role in the 2020 election, helping lift Democrat Joe Biden to a narrow victory over President Donald Trump . . . .​

And they are all fake Catholics who do not practice their faith. That is a FACT

Now move along you moron, you irritate me

you irritate me
Is Saint ding a fake Catholic. Now that we know you are the one who decides such things.

In Post { dvng.23.10.17 #11,522 } Saint Ding explains there is a “unique circumstance” involved when a woman intentionally has her fetus aborted which allows what you call murder to happen and the murderer can be charged with a misdemeanor like Jay Walking across a street.​

“It is unreasonable to argue that abortion does not end the life of a specific human being; a persondvng.23.10.17 #11,522 “It is unreasonable to argue that abortion does not end the life of a specific human being; a person. •••• It is unreasonable to believe it is right to end the life of a human being through abortion. •••• A crime is being committed against a specific person. •••• The person committing that crime must admit guilt. •••• But because of the unique circumstances she will be allowed to terminate her pregnancy and be charged with a misdemeanor and pay a small fine. •••• The is the best solution to a complex problem.. •••• It is unreasonable to believe it is right to end the life of a human being through abortion. •••• A crime is being committed against a specific person. •••• The person committing that crime must admit guilt. •••• But because of the unique circumstances she will be allowed to terminate her pregnancy and be charged with a misdemeanor and pay a small fine. •••• The is the best solution to a complex problem.​
Does Saint Ding pass your Holier Than Thou Sniff Test or is he just another deep state fake Catholic like most Catholics appear to be. The American ones who understand the meaning of separation of conscience and state.

nf.23.10.23

Is Saint ding a fake Catholic. Now that we know you are the one who decides such things.

In Post { dvng.23.10.17 #11,522 } Saint Ding explains there is a “unique circumstance” involved when a woman intentionally has her fetus aborted which allows what you call murder to happen and the murderer can be charged with a misdemeanor like Jay Walking across a street.​

“It is unreasonable to argue that abortion does not end the life of a specific human being; a persondvng.23.10.17 #11,522 “It is unreasonable to argue that abortion does not end the life of a specific human being; a person. •••• It is unreasonable to believe it is right to end the life of a human being through abortion. •••• A crime is being committed against a specific person. •••• The person committing that crime must admit guilt. •••• But because of the unique circumstances she will be allowed to terminate her pregnancy and be charged with a misdemeanor and pay a small fine. •••• The is the best solution to a complex problem.. •••• It is unreasonable to believe it is right to end the life of a human being through abortion. •••• A crime is being committed against a specific person. •••• The person committing that crime must admit guilt. •••• But because of the unique circumstances she will be allowed to terminate her pregnancy and be charged with a misdemeanor and pay a small fine. •••• The is the best solution to a complex problem.​
Does Saint Ding pass your Holier Than Thou Sniff Test or is he just another deep state fake Catholic like most Catholics appear to be. The American ones who understand the meaning of separation of conscience and state.

nf.23.10.23

Considering your screen name, I think it is time to put your baby-killing, homo-loving arse on ignore.

The topic of this thread is why someone is a Catholic, not why you support evil

The topic of this thread is why someone is a Catholic,
00302 vtrrj.23.10.23 #302 “Our family is made up of every race. We are young and old, rich and poor, men and women, sinners and saints. Our family has spanned the centuries and the globe

Did you become a Catholic because it’s just one big happy family, Saint Votaroja?

I’m trying to figure out what a Catholic must believe on the matter of separation of church and conscience because that is important to me. It’s worth preserving.

I understand most Catholics would preserve it And that is a good thing is it not?

nf.23.10.23 #312

nf.23.10.23
You're upset because I would make abortion a misdemeanor? Really? Seems unreasonable to me. She's committing a crime. She should plead to it.

I'm no saint. You think I'm afraid to state my position?

00302 vtrrj.23.10.23 #302 “Our family is made up of every race. We are young and old, rich and poor, men and women, sinners and saints. Our family has spanned the centuries and the globe

Did you become a Catholic because it’s just one big happy family, Saint Votaroja?

I’m trying to figure out what a Catholic must believe on the matter of separation of church and conscience because that is important to me. It’s worth preserving.

I understand most Catholics would preserve it And that is a good thing is it not?

nf.23.10.23 #312
That's not a Catholic thing. That's a human thing. It's between each person and God. Even you. Choose wisely.

Protestant pastor becomes Catholic:
The original 1989 conversion tape of Scott Hahn

From the original 1989 talk given by Scott Hahn, wherein he discusses his journey and how he was able to realize truth in what once seemed to be error.

Awesome

Forum List

Back