Why I am a Christian

LittleNipper

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2013
I open with this particular testimony because it really hits the nail on the head. The Testimony of David Wood:

First he claims atheist beliefs based on evidence are just like his own beliefs based on no evidence, and therefore atheists are hypocrites. He doesn't understand science himself, so he can't believe anyone else does understand it.

Then he talked about engaging in a fasting contest because he was so mentally unstable. Ya think?

Then he makes dumb creationist arguments.

Then he uses the "martyrs prove Christianity!" argument, not realizing that he just proved Islam must be the true religion, because Islam has martyrs.

Then he talks about how he always thought he was the most speshul person in the world. That is, he was a narcissist.

Then he talked about how he once dreamed of torturing people.

I guess I'm glad that fear of a vengeful skydaddy got him to stop being a psychopath.

First he claims atheist beliefs based on evidence are just like his own beliefs based on no evidence, and therefore atheists are hypocrites. He doesn't understand science himself, so he can't believe anyone else does understand it.

Then he talked about engaging in a fasting contest because he was so mentally unstable. Ya think?

Then he makes dumb creationist arguments.

Then he uses the "martyrs prove Christianity!" argument, not realizing that he just proved Islam must be the true religion, because Islam has martyrs.

Then he talks about how he always thought he was the most speshul person in the world. That is, he was a narcissist.

Then he talked about how he once dreamed of torturing people.

I guess I'm glad that fear of a vengeful skydaddy got him to stop being a psychopath.
If you listened fully, it was not fear of a skydaddy that stopped him. It was the realization that there is no rationalization to be good that doesn't involve control of some sort --- and yet GOD offers FREEDOM from the desires of this world and any need to prove anything. And when this Atheist gave up his self-control to GOD through Christ, he suddenly became a new creature. This man gives another Testimony where he talks about his eventual marriage and the fact he now has 2 boys who are special needs. Obviously, he would not have been very sympathetic earlier in his life. He now cares. He is not indifferent. And in fact, GOD cured him of his demons.

As for you other remarks about dumb creationists. The fact is with GOD there is no need for evolutionists. And no evolutionist has ever made biological life from inert substances. Evolutionists care even less why we exist. And frankly, I wonder if it is only for a shrinking number of believers that man is not using hammers on each other on a regular basis ---- if only to get the sheep out of the way so man can play "god".

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
I only saw a false dichotomy fallacy. "Either I'm just hopelessly messed up, or there's someone who can help me, and that someone can only be the Christian God!". No, there are alot more alternatives than just those two.

It was the realization that there is no rationalization to be good that doesn't involve control of some sort
Which shows how weak minded, unimaginitive, and inherently amoral he is. Seriously, the point that you laud as the best point is the point that made him look the most idiotic and amoral.

It was the realization that there is no rationalization to be good that doesn't involve control of some sort
Which shows how weak minded, unimaginitive, and inherently amoral he is. Seriously, the point that you laud as the best point is the point that made him look the most idiotic and amoral.
Morality cannot exist as wishy washy. It cannot exist if it can be right today and bad tomorrow and right again the following day. GOD anchors morality to embracing GOD's will as inspirational vs. ignoring GOD's will or rejecting GOD's will to do what one thinks is best for one's self at a particular moment in time... The fact is that GOD obviously did something to this man. He didn't cure himself. He didn't suddenly become sympathetic, kind, and understanding on his own. Something clearly brought this man into the light. Oddly, after watching many show regarding the Holocaust, I can clearly see parallels between Mr. Wood and say the Nazis. They saw themselves as a law unto themselves, they saw everyone around them as manipulative and controlling. They saw themselves as superior to everyone else. And they imagined that nobody else got it. Now, you may argue that Mr. Wood was an Atheist and the Nazis outwardly claimed to be "Christian." However, both saw themselves as god in that the world revolved around what they wanted and GOD was clearly either left out or assumed to be on their side.

I only saw a false dichotomy fallacy. "Either I'm just hopelessly messed up, or there's someone who can help me, and that someone can only be the Christian God!". No, there are alot more alternatives than just those two.
I cannot speak for David Wood; however, he clearly says that he didn't fix himself. He felt different and suddenly saw life clearer. The Christian GOD wants to help. What else is there that claims this that can work from the inside (of an individual) out.

Forum List

Back